Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Video

Act of Valor

(1/2) > >>

riogrande100:
Looking to get some post tools and was looking at the Adobe website and the Bandito Brothers movie! And they shot that movie using the 5D Mark II! I mean the shots looked amazing!

The 5D Mark II really is a great camera and for all its short coming in the right hands is awesome, and I believe that the Mark III basically improved on the whole package without focusing on any particular area! So whilst the MPX has not increased a lot, in every other aspects it has improved:

Body
AF
MPX
ISO
Headphones
Manual Audio Control
etc.

Jedifarce:

--- Quote from: riogrande100 on April 01, 2012, 07:46:51 AM ---Looking to get some post tools and was looking at the Adobe website and the Bandito Brothers movie! And they shot that movie using the 5D Mark II! I mean the shots looked amazing!

The 5D Mark II really is a great camera and for all its short coming in the right hands is awesome, and I believe that the Mark III basically improved on the whole package without focusing on any particular area! So whilst the MPX has not increased a lot, in every other aspects it has improved:

Body
AF
MPX
ISO
Headphones
Manual Audio Control
etc.

--- End quote ---

If you're looking to replicate what you saw on Act of Valor don't bother because it wasn't the camera alone. While Shane Hurlbut was using a $2000 camera he was also using $100,000 cinema lens glass and all the noise and compression was cleaned up in post production by Cinafilms using something called Dark Energy.

broseph:
There are some pics of their setup here http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/about_canon?pageKeyCode=pressreldetail&docId=0901e0248045fd9f

RedEye:
Anyone know what glass he was using?  I saw that they used Nvidia technologies to post process which I happen to have a lot of so it would be cool to try to replicate the quality of film. 

Jedifarce:

--- Quote from: RedEye on April 04, 2012, 11:38:37 AM ---Anyone know what glass he was using?

--- End quote ---

http://hurlbutvisuals.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/primo-300x200.jpg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version