December 19, 2014, 08:09:16 AM

Author Topic: Why I started reading Canon Rumours  (Read 1374 times)

Rodknee

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Why I started reading Canon Rumours
« on: April 02, 2012, 04:36:45 AM »
I came across the Canon Rumours page by accident as last year I was looking to purchase a 600d and was trying to read reviews about it and found out there may be a new model out early in the new year (2012). The talk of a 600d replacement with a shiny new Digic V processor to replace the tired and old Digic IV that would provide big improvements was enough to make me wait.

However, Canon now seem to be delaying the release of any such camera until at least June as they have released their umpteenth rebate scheme on the 600d which will run until June and each scheme has pushed a possible announcement further back, so I can't see them announcing anything prior to June (other than another rebate scheme).

I thought they may have tried to release soemthing for the Olympics but that now seems unlikely. So I won't be making the jump from compact to DSLR for some time yet as having waited now I don't want to buy a camera with four year old technology in it when I have a compact camera with the same processor. And, if Canon pull the same stunt that they did on the Mkiii of charging stupid money for updating a 3 year old model I won't be buying the 650d either. Perhaps Sony will be a game changer as they could offer similar products at a better price now that Canon seem to be in rip off mode.

There are too many alternatives to DSLR coming forward for consumers whose manufacturers operate in a more competitve world and therefore a more realistic pricing point to get wedded to a DSLR, particularly as they can produce excellent photos and they appear to offer many of the benefits.

canon rumors FORUM

Why I started reading Canon Rumours
« on: April 02, 2012, 04:36:45 AM »

GeorgeMaciver

Re: Why I started reading Canon Rumours
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 05:17:56 AM »
Yes, and there are far too many trolls like you infesting the internet. Do you work for Sony? I hope CR comes up with not a new ratings system, but a way of keeping you trolls out.

mike_zawadzki

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:08:09 AM »
Yes, and there are far too many trolls like you infesting the internet. Do you work for Sony? I hope CR comes up with not a new ratings system, but a way of keeping you trolls out.

This +100

And to the OP. Oh well? Have fun with your point and shoot? I don't really know what you want from this post? I'm not even playing the world's smallest violin for you. Seriously pick up a used Rebel or one of the current models with a nice fixed lens and learn photography and don't concern yourself with "the latest technology" because new cameras will be coming out all the time. I can't even... Just wow. Some of the S___ I read here floors me. I wonder if some of you are even concerned about photographs.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:20:34 AM by mike_zawadzki »

nightbreath

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
    • Свадебный фотограф в Днепропетровске
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 10:13:09 AM »
I came across the Canon Rumours page by accident as last year I was looking to purchase a 600d and was trying to read reviews about it and found out there may be a new model out early in the new year (2012)...

I understand your concerns, but it's not only about camera's possibilities and you'd better think in advance what your potential needs are and what specific brand can offer you.

As for me, I won't look at other brands, because I like the feel and look of the images I get out of my camera. Especially for skin tones.

One of other important things is feeling comfortable with your tools and it's not only about the camera, but also lenses collection (take into account focal length, maximum aperture, focusing), flashes, accessories, etc. So it's time for you to think whether one brand can offer you what the other one can't, because you choose a whole system, not only the camera body now.
Wedding photography. My personal website: http://luxuryphoto.com.ua

Axilrod

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 10:58:44 AM »
I hate how when a product gets released that's out of someone's price range it all of a sudden becomes a "rip-off."  There are plenty of people that bought a 5DIII and are very happy with it even considering the price, myself included.  If it were truly that much of a ripoff no one would buy it.  If you look at the pricing of all the bodies the 5DIII fits nicely between the 5DII and 1DIV.  I mean look at the 1DX, it's almost twice the price but doesn't seem to be twice the camera.

Go buy whatever camera you want dude, but this is probably the stupidest post I've seen in a long time.  So you found Canon Rumors by accident while looking for information, congratulations, what's your point?  If Canon is too expensive for you then buy something else and stop trolling; and if you don't like Canon stop hanging out in a Canon rumors forum.
5DIII/5DII/Bunch of L's and ZE's, currently rearranging.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 10:58:44 AM »