September 19, 2014, 06:05:59 PM

Author Topic: From the Land of Crazy! [CR0]  (Read 13481 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
From the Land of Crazy! [CR0]
« on: January 23, 2011, 12:09:08 PM »
New Sunday Feature Every Sunday I am going to post the craziest “rumor” I’m sent from the previous week for your enjoyment.

I will say about crazy rumors, there was one rumor I was told about that I dismissed. I thought it was loony, and that was the 8-15 f/4L. I was never told fisheye and didn’t think fisheye.

Spec List! The person writing in stressed this wasn’t the 5D Mark III and to expect an announcement in the next few weeks.

• - New small body FF
  • - Pro AF (45 point same as Eos 1D MKIV)
  • - 16.7 MP
  • - 6 FPS (booster with extra batterygrip up to 9fps)
  • - ISO 100-12800 (L50 / H102400)
  • - Single CF slot
  • - Video as Eos 7D
  • - Msrp $ 4,399

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

From the Land of Crazy! [CR0]
« on: January 23, 2011, 12:09:08 PM »

Bob Howland

Re: From the Land of Crazy! [CR0]
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 12:45:07 PM »
Is this rumor from the same person who said there would be a 15MP 1D coming really soon? I would hope that (1) there are two CF slots and the camera can write to both simultaneously, (2) the video is much better than the 7D, as good, in fact, as the XF300/305 camcorders and better in low light and (3) the price is closer to $3399.

If this is the new pro body configuration for the 5DMkIII, do you think that Keith Cooper (Northlight Images) will like it?

"Next few weeks"? Let's hope so!

Oh yes, one more thing, 16.7MP is exactly what you would expect if pixels were being binned 8:1 to create a 1920 x 1080 video stream.

On second thought, no it isn't. The aspect ratios are different.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:08:23 PM by Bob Howland »

Stone

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 01:34:56 PM »
I like this rumor very much except for:  small body, single card slot & no mention of weather sealing.  Am I the only one that prefers a larger body?
5D III gripped | 7D gripped | 35L | 24-70 2.8L II USM | 70-200 2.8L IS II USM | 85 1.8 |

olav

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 03:03:27 PM »
I like this rumor very much except for:  small body, single card slot & no mention of weather sealing.  Am I the only one that prefers a larger body?
No, you aren't! I used the 60d last week and have to say its size is pretty much borderline!

Bob Howland

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 04:32:17 PM »
No, you aren't! I used the 60d last week and have to say its size is pretty much borderline!

Did you use the 60D with or without the battery pack? With my 5D and 40D, the difference is dramatic with the battery pack. My EOS-3 film camera is/was the same way.

Justin

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 04:50:15 PM »
Craig, if this actually happens you will have to invert your CR ratings.  ;D

OnteoEOS

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 07:48:48 PM »

Where do I have to sign for that one? sounds like "THE CAMERA"

I would not mind going for a loan in this one if canon goes all digital in their sensors. (Sony like)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 07:48:48 PM »

c.d.embrey

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 08:58:34 PM »

Where do I have to sign for that one? sounds like "THE CAMERA"

I would not mind going for a loan in this one if canon goes all digital in their sensors. (Sony like)

Actually it sounds like the Nikon D800. 8-D

Isurus

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 09:02:02 PM »
$4400 seems like a pretty steep price tag for the described camera if you ask me.  Seems like a wish list to me.  Crazy land indeed.

kubelik

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • a teatray in the sky
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 10:09:53 PM »
yeah, I would definitely not be shelling out $4400 for what is essentially incremental upgrades from a 5DII; this must be a canon executive's daydream ...

Film

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 10:48:12 PM »
I don't find it "CRAZY". I actually think that Canon should have introduced something similar a long time ago....but it doesn't mean that they will. I'm not talking about the exact specs, but about a small decent FF with very good AF and fast fps, weather sealing of course (nothing mentioned about it, but for this money it should have it) and of course I consider "small body" = 5D / EOS 3 Size, not 60d size or smth. Someone mentioned that it sounds like Nikon. And it sure does. And if Nikon will make such a thing and Canon won't during next year (it looks like this is the way it's going) - I will start moving to Nikon (and not only me). Canon really starts to suck at delivering customers the best.

blufox

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 02:22:44 AM »
4300$ is a big lol'eth price.
2000$ and it will sell like hot cakes.

if at 4300$, Canon can kiss goodbye it to its fortunes.

martijn

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 04:37:51 AM »
"New Sunday Feature Every Sunday I am going to post the craziest “rumor” I’m sent from the previous week for your enjoyment."

Are you sure you want to do that? The problem with a feature like that is that people will start manufacturing 'crazy' rumors just to get on this site...then again, perhaps some are already doing just that ;-) ....

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 04:37:51 AM »

Flake

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 05:19:50 AM »
I think the give away here is the battery grip giving an increase in fps - that really is a Nikon trick to try to rival Canons superior performance.  Nikon can't even manage to do it in full 14 bit, they need to drop to 12 bit to get to that, of course the many biased reviewers leap on this and compare the two as if they are like for like when they know they're not!  As with the video this is a function of the Expeed image processor not being as advanced as the Digic IV.

At 16.7 MP the nearest comparator would have been the 50D which managed 6.3 fps - there was no increase from the addition of a battery grip.

Canons reasoning (excuse) behind crippling the 5D MkII autofocus was that they could not fit a larger AF unit into a XXD type body with a FF sensor, if that is true then this rumour would also fall into the same trap.

I think I agree with others that this is most likely a spec for the Nikon D800, and if so it will leave Nikon yet again well behind the field in terms of MP,  Most Nikon users seem to think they're going to get the 24MP Sony sensor to rival the 5D MkII (a generation late!).  16.7MP is insufficient to meet the size demanded by the stock agencies without interpolation.

justicend

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 07:25:08 AM »
Canon FF camera 16 MP ??? No way , I don't think they will downgrade the resolution on FF camera.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 07:25:08 AM »