April 16, 2014, 07:08:57 AM

Author Topic: 5D3: INFO vs. Q button  (Read 1441 times)

Jamesy

• 6D
    • View Profile
5D3: INFO vs. Q button
« on: April 03, 2012, 07:37:27 PM »
Is it possible to get the Q button to behave like the INFO button as it relates to 'Display Shooting Settings'?

When you are in still shooting mode, if you press INFO 3 times (or fewer if you have removed Display camera settings and Electronic Level) you are presented with the Display Shooting Settings window. If you click on the Q button, you cycle between being able make changes via the Multi-controller or pushing the buttons on top of the camera. Page 337 of the manual describes this.

My question is, when you press the Q button when the rear display is blank, you also get a Display Shooting Settings window. The difference is, if you try to bring up the on screen display to change, say the focus points, the screen goes blank. That said, there is a definite difference in the way these two buttons behave.

Any insight into this?

Thanks in advance!

canon rumors FORUM

5D3: INFO vs. Q button
« on: April 03, 2012, 07:37:27 PM »

jalbfb

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: 5D3: INFO vs. Q button
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 09:18:34 PM »
The Q button allows you to see your camera's settings and change them if you want from there by using the multi-conroller to highlight a setting, say the Aperture, press the SET button then you can use the large dial on the back of the camera or smaller dial near the shutter button to scroll and change the Aperture setting. Press set and you're good to go
Happy owner of the 5D Mark III, 24-105 f/4L and other L lenses

Jamesy

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 09:39:00 PM »
The Q button allows you to see your camera's settings and change them if you want from there by using the multi-conroller to highlight a setting, say the Aperture, press the SET button then you can use the large dial on the back of the camera or smaller dial near the shutter button to scroll and change the Aperture setting. Press set and you're good to go
Thanks. I do know that you can make changes via both windows but the method to make the changes is different. It appears that you can only adjust the focus points on-screen by entering via the INFO button rather than the Q button.

Mt Spokane Photography

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 09:55:42 PM »
Thanks. I do know that you can make changes via both windows but the method to make the changes is different. It appears that you can only adjust the focus points on-screen by entering via the INFO button rather than the Q button.

I could not find another way to get to that screen.  The manual only talks about using the viewfinder that I could find.

I'll use that.  It would be nice to get there from the Q button as well.  Write to Canon and suggest that.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 09:55:42 PM »