July 28, 2014, 11:26:25 PM

Author Topic: Adorama Mark Wallace Product Review Of The 5D III.  (Read 5036 times)

SpartanWarrior

Adorama Mark Wallace Product Review Of The 5D III.
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:57:19 AM »
Canon 5D Mark III: Product Reviews: Adorama Photography TV Small | Large
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:37:51 AM by SpartanWarrior »

canon rumors FORUM

Adorama Mark Wallace Product Review Of The 5D III.
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:57:19 AM »

BobSanderson

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: 5D III.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 06:43:44 PM »
You might want to edit your subject and include Mark Wallace's name and AdoramaTV as they are probably both familiar to folks here. The video was v. intersting.

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 09:25:35 PM »
That was a good watch, thanks. Same guy from Pocket Wizard tutorials.
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

Daniel Flather

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 10:43:38 PM »
Yes, he does a nice job. 
| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100 macro | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 04:34:34 AM »
mark wallace top guy and he gives the best tutorial on youtube :FACT:

SpartanWarrior

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 06:38:30 AM »
You might want to edit your subject and include Mark Wallace's name and AdoramaTV as they are probably both familiar to folks here. The video was v. intersting.
Sorry fixed now;)

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Adorama Mark Wallace Product Review Of The 5D III.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 08:05:05 AM »
Nice review.  thanks for posting.
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 08:05:05 AM »

klf

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 08:30:39 AM »
As always Mark Wallace delivers!, Excellent review. Everything as advertised with the 5D Mark III has been superb for me.

Janco

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 10:52:33 AM »
I really like the fact that Wallace is not bringing up one single word that would state a biased comparison against a specific camera from some other brand. I think both cameras/brands have their place (yes slap me if you want) but I'm only interested to see what the 5DIII delivers. Of course, it's only my opinion... I don't know if he's brand-fanatic or not but I could imagine him as well talking about the good things that's delivered by the other brand. I guess that's kind of professional.

grahamsz

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 12:07:28 PM »
I really like the fact that Wallace is not bringing up one single word that would state a biased comparison against a specific camera from some other brand. I think both cameras/brands have their place (yes slap me if you want) but I'm only interested to see what the 5DIII delivers. Of course, it's only my opinion... I don't know if he's brand-fanatic or not but I could imagine him as well talking about the good things that's delivered by the other brand. I guess that's kind of professional.

Obviously he's working for Adorama here and it's not in their interests to have him pick and choose brands. Still I've always got the feeling that he's more of a Nikon guy, thought I can't really remember where I got that from.

Cropper

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 12:18:20 PM »

Is it just me or most of the pictures look kinda sooooft (even for straight out of camera unprocessed files)?

The higher ISO shots do look like a real improvement, but still no matter how much I try to like this camera I just can't shake that feeling that Canon could and should have done much better, especially considering that the Mark III will have a 3+ year life cycle.

The D800 clearly wins this round on my humble opinion.
I do hope Canon can overturn this with a high resolution body later this year or in 2013.

t.linn

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • You Must Have A Really Nice Camera
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 05:42:04 PM »

As others have pointed out, Wallace is working for Adorama in this instance.  I'll bet it would be hard to find a review in which he doesn't serve as a cheerleader for the product in question.  I'm not saying he's necessarily wrong in this (or other) cases.  However, I would actually attach more significance to criticisms given that any negative comments would be against self-interest.  I don't know what one can conclude from a lack of them.

t.linn

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • You Must Have A Really Nice Camera
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 05:48:33 PM »
I do hope Canon can overturn this with a high resolution body later this year or in 2013.

I don't think we can assume that Canon has the ability to make a 36 megapixel sensor that effectively competes with the Sony sensor that Nikon uses.  What Nikon has able to accomplish with that sensor is pretty remarkable.  The fact that Canon has trouble besting it in areas other than resolution using a sensor with pixels that are half again as big is telling.  To be clear, I'm not trying to rip Canon here.  I'm trying to applaud Sony.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 05:48:33 PM »

briansquibb

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 05:50:26 PM »

I don't think we can assume that Canon has the ability to make a 36 megapixel sensor that effectively competes with the Sony sensor that Nikon uses.  What Nikon has able to accomplish with that sensor is pretty remarkable.  The fact that Canon has trouble besting it in areas other than resolution using a sensor with pixels that are half again as big is telling.  To be clear, I'm not trying to rip Canon here.  I'm trying to applaud Sony.

I think we can assume that Canon has the technology from its 100+mps demonstration with the APS-H in 2010

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 07:42:15 PM »

I think we can assume that Canon has the technology from its 100+mps demonstration with the APS-H in 2010

I agree they most likely have the tech, the question is will they come out with a body with high MP in 2012-2013.  My guess is they will want to milk the cown on the mkiii and the 1dx first before leaking anything on the high MP body, to make sure buyers get the mkiii or 1dx first...just my gut...
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 07:42:15 PM »