September 21, 2017, 05:38:09 PM

Author Topic: Letter to Mr Rockwell in regards to his 5Dmkiii review  (Read 63780 times)

Daniel Flather

• EOS 5DS R
Re: Letter to Mr Rockwell in regards to his 5Dmkiii review
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2012, 01:56:26 PM »
LOL, now he loves the 5D MK3 :)

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/00-new-today.htm

ET

Lollercakes, I bet that in-camera lens correction helped that shot of the little girl.

Saturation +4

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:08:36 PM by Daniel Flather »
| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100/2.8 | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2012, 01:56:26 PM »

briansquibb

« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2012, 03:23:35 PM »
LOL, now he loves the 5D MK3 :)

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/00-new-today.htm

ET

Lollercakes, I bet that in-camera lens correction helped that shot of the little girl.

Saturation +4

Zooming in on that picture shows not bad quality, not that sharp though. I wonder how much pp he did on it?

D_Rochat

« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2012, 04:45:07 PM »
Ken Rockwell doesn't do post processing. He gets it right in the camera, or so he claims.

drjlo

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2012, 05:56:10 PM »
KR in his D800 Review:

"The D800 is the best DSLR ever made by anyone at any price. I've got a D800 already, and have a D800E on order. There is no comparison."

There you have it.  We can all pack up and go home now. 

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2012, 06:25:13 PM »
Ken Rockwell doesn't do post processing. He gets it right in the camera, or so he claims.
translation = Hasn't figured out how to change from jpg to RAW yet

still waiting for @lex's next letter letting him in on that little gem ;)
APS-H Fanboy

wickidwombat

« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2012, 06:28:42 PM »
Quote from: Ken "I'm awesome" Rockwell
After shooting another day with my 5D Mark III, I am so digging it. Its magic in-camera lens correction is letting me shoot fly-weight plastic Canon lenses, like my weightless and ergonomically superior 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5, getting great results, and lightening my load, all at the same time.

You know, right before the release of the 5D mkIII I said to myself, "I really hope Ken tests and reviews this $3500 camera with sh*tty lenses".

I really hope he tests the 1Dx with the ef 75-300.
i have a 28-90 I can lend him if he cant afford one for the review
APS-H Fanboy

lonelywhitelights

• EOS Rebel SL2
  • Adam Cross
    • adamcrossstills.com
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2012, 07:19:52 PM »
The funny thing about Ken's review of the 5DIII (or any camera) he tends to pick the oddest things as negatives - "No Flash! booo!" ... oh dear.
UK-based Film and Television Stills Photographer

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2012, 07:19:52 PM »

marekjoz

• EOS 5DS R
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2012, 07:36:03 PM »

The grass is always greener on the other side, unless Chuck Norris Ken Rockwell been there with his D800. In that case the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears.

Chuck Norris Ken Rockwell doesn't read books 5D3 manuals, he just stares them down until he gets the information he wants out of them.

The Manhattan Project was not intended to create nuclear weapons, it was meant to recreate the destructive power in a Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kick Ken Rockwell camera review. They didn't even come close.

and so on...
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

D.Sim

« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2012, 12:04:39 AM »

The grass is always greener on the other side, unless Chuck Norris Ken Rockwell been there with his D800. In that case the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears.

And here I was thinking it was greener because someone turned up the saturation. Silly me.

Just an update.  No response to my email, and no changes to his misinformed website.  If I ran a website that reviewed gear for a living and I got an email pointing out a bunch of clear and glaring mistakes on said website, I'm pretty sure I would be pretty quick to respond and update the site, although I'm not a technologically inept tool with a website designed in the late 90's.

Perhaps you should read Ken Rockwell's "manual":

http://www.kenrockwell.com/about.htm

It is a work of fiction, entirely the product of my own imagination. This website is my personal opinion. To use words of Ansel Adams on page 193 of his autobiography, this site is my "aggressive personal opinion," and not a "logical presentation of fact."

I have the energy and sense of humor of a three-year old, so remember, this is a personal website, and never presented as fact. I enjoy making things up for fun, as does The Onion, and I publish them here — even on this page.

Therefore, if you are reading his page and making the mistake of taking him seriously, then you're the one with the problem.

If you are looking for site with serious reviews, then look somewhere else.  End of discussion.

now, see, usually, a disclaimer like that should be upfront and seen, not hidden in the about page. If he can find place to make it so obvious that he needs help to feed his growing family, he can surely fit that in somewhere....

@!ex

• EOS 80D
    • My portfolio
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2012, 01:59:41 AM »

Chuck Norris Ken Rockwell doesn't read books 5D3 manuals, he just stares them down until he gets the information he wants out of them.

The Manhattan Project was not intended to create nuclear weapons, it was meant to recreate the destructive power in a Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kick Ken Rockwell camera review. They didn't even come close.

and so on...

Awesome, I hope this thread lives forever...

Ken Rockwell lives forever - You really want to know what happened to the dinosaurs? One of them made fun of Ken Rockwell's fanny pack.

wickidwombat

« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2012, 02:03:59 AM »
I've never seen anyone co-ordinate their wardrobe with their teeth before  :o
APS-H Fanboy

@!ex

• EOS 80D
    • My portfolio
« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2012, 02:12:43 AM »

It's late, and am defending my dissertation on Friday so I should be asleep, but I just lost my S____ on that comment.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2012, 02:12:43 AM »

wickidwombat

« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2012, 02:19:29 AM »

It's late, and am defending my dissertation on Friday so I should be asleep, but I just lost my S___ on that comment.
Sorry I was wrong, this guy does too

T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever) | Official Video HD
APS-H Fanboy

@!ex

• EOS 80D
    • My portfolio
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2012, 02:32:45 AM »

It's late, and am defending my dissertation on Friday so I should be asleep, but I just lost my S___ on that comment.
Sorry I was wrong, this guy does too

T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever) | Official Video HD

I picked up the nuance of the "defending my thesis" lyrics, nice.  Also WTF has Wyclef been up too, oh ya, running for president. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2012, 02:32:45 AM »