October 23, 2017, 08:36:11 PM

Author Topic: Letter to Mr Rockwell in regards to his 5Dmkiii review  (Read 65242 times)

birtembuk

• EOS Rebel T7i
Re: Letter to Mr Rockwell in regards to his 5Dmkiii review
« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2012, 10:52:41 AM »
After all this bashing, maybe - I say maybe eh - we should do him justice a bit for what he just posted on his site: quote:

"Seeing how awesome are the results I got from my 5D Mark III this past week, I have a sneaking suspicion I might have to move the World's Best DSLR crown to the 5D Mark III. We'll see; the D800's yellow LCD makes shooting it no fun, and trying to use Shooting Banks still takes five clicks with three buttons to swap, and they still don't change half the things I need to change from snapping people or landscape shots. Canon so rules, and so does the X-Pro1.

The D800 is King for replacing medium format, but medium format has never been mainstream. "

Shouldn't we ?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2012, 10:52:41 AM »

marekjoz

• EOS 5DS R
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2012, 10:53:16 AM »
That link about mommy and daddy, can't be real. He doesn't seem like an uneducated fool that would write that way. If it is real, his mistake for putting it up on a website even if it isn't reachable from his site.

On another note, isn't continuous perpetual bashing of this guy beneath us? Do we really need to share with the world what we think of KR? The joking around was in good fun but saying he's this or that or i hate KR, that just seems kinda awful.

I agree. And I find some of his advices very helpful, like the one about getting more saturated photos: http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/color.htm
No kidding...
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2012, 10:53:16 AM »