December 22, 2014, 06:08:34 PM

Author Topic: "1Dsq" & 3D [CR1]  (Read 24745 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
"1Dsq" & 3D [CR1]
« on: January 26, 2011, 03:39:36 PM »

1Ds Mark Squared

Received some information that we talked about many moons ago. The shift of the top end 1D camera to  a square sensor.

The information goes on to say Canon has the technology to do 8-10fps with a 35-40mp image file.

3D Returns

We all love to dream about it, and the 3D is making its annual return to the rumor mill.

From NL

• 3D full frame – 18MP

• No built in grip, 1 series ‘style’ build

• 7D/1D focus

• Active focus screen (as per 7D)

• ISO to 102400

• Video as with 7D

Another vote for a smaller pro camera

Along with the above square sensor information, I was told again to expect a new top end camera body. Again, the “smaller body” was mentioned.

cr

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 02:53:47 PM by Canon Rumors »
canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

"1Dsq" & 3D [CR1]
« on: January 26, 2011, 03:39:36 PM »

Anastas

Re: \
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 03:44:51 PM »
Waiting for the mythical 3D almost 3 years now... It's time canon to release it, or stop this bullshit!

fman

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 04:02:44 PM »
It looks to good to be true but
would be on my must have list...

bvukich

• Spam Assassin
  • Administrator
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • My (sparse) ZenFolio Site
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 04:09:24 PM »
What about the lenses that have rectangular reflection masks?

The 24-105/4L is the most obvious example I can think of, as it is masked after the back element and clearly visible.

kubelik

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • a teatray in the sky
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 04:14:24 PM »
What about the lenses that have rectangular reflection masks?

The 24-105/4L is the most obvious example I can think of, as it is masked after the back element and clearly visible.

yeah, I'm guessing the likelihood of this is about the same as the likelihood of the minnesota vikings being crowned this year's super bowl champion.  just ain't gonna happen.

Ivar

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 04:15:08 PM »
18MP on FF - because of the bigger sensel size and newer technology the 1D high ISO must look awful in comparison i.e. it is pretty clear if those specs materialise the 1D update must follow.

jsolsona

Re: “1Dsq” & 3D [CR1]
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 04:48:18 PM »

3D full frame – 18MP

I would looove to see this.
I'm waiting for the 5D III but I'm not too happy with the supposedly super high MP
I'd love a FF at about 18MP. That would be the perfect camera

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 04:48:18 PM »

traveller

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 04:50:01 PM »
It sounds like every idiot is trying to jump onto the bandwagon.  I guess this is how certain 'sources' imporve their CR# ratings: wait until you think an announcement might be close then cover off a base with a made up (but logical) set of specifications; if you're close you instantly improve to CR2 or CR3, if not try again next time from a different email address. 

Still, it keeps us amused-so I guess we're really the biggest idiots. 

Stone

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 05:09:44 PM »
If only this rumor were finally true, add 8fps & I'd stand in line to get this body.
I'm skeptical of the 18MP, I just don't see Canon giving up the high MP bragging rights just yet.  I would expect 21-24 MP especially if the 5DIII is going into the 30+ MP range.
5D III gripped | 7D gripped | 35L | 24-70 2.8L II USM | 70-200 2.8L IS II USM | 85 1.8 |

Wahoowa

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 05:18:25 PM »
I recall that a 3D rumor last year that this camera would be designed specifically for "low light". If this camera comes out at a reasonable price, I will be all over it.

unfocused

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 05:39:38 PM »
wait until you think an announcement might be close then cover off a base with a made up (but logical) set of specifications

Scratch the "logical" and I would agree.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

jeremymerriam

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 05:53:44 PM »
<strong>1Ds Mark Squared</strong>

Received some information that we talked about <a href=\"http://www.canonrumors.com/2010/05/the-cmos-sensor-squared-cr2/\">many moons ago</a>. The shift of the top end 1D camera to  a square sensor.</p>
<p>The information goes on to say Canon has the technology to do 8-10fps with a 35-40mp image file.</p>
<p><strong>3D Returns</strong>

We all love to dream about it, and the 3D is making its annual return to the rumor mill.</p>
<p><strong>From <a href=\"http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/cameras/Canon_3d.html\">NL</a></strong></p>
<ul>
<li>3D full frame – 18MP</li>
<li>No built in grip, 1 series ‘style’ build</li>
<li>7D/1D focus</li>
<li>Active focus screen (as per 7D)</li>
<li>ISO to 102400</li>
<li>Video as with 7D</li>
</ul>
<p><strong> Another vote for a smaller pro camera</strong>

Along with the above square sensor information, I was told again to expect a new top end camera body. Again, the “smaller body” was mentioned.<strong></strong></p>
<p><strong><span style=\"color: #ff0000;\">c</span>r</strong>

I think as a website made to churn out rumors, you should have a bit more discretion with all these rumors you come across.  Maybe you should have the people give some sort of supportive evidence to these claims?  There must be some way to filter through all this nonsense.  The latest rumor is just plain nonsense a just as ugly as gossip

Bob Howland

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 07:12:14 PM »
I think as a website made to churn out rumors, you should have a bit more discretion with all these rumors you come across.  Maybe you should have the people give some sort of supportive evidence to these claims?  There must be some way to filter through all this nonsense.  The latest rumor is just plain nonsense a just as ugly as gossip

Just what would you suggest for "supportive evidence"? He's using past history of the rumor provider as a "filter". If you have a better suggestion, we'd love to hear it.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 07:12:14 PM »

gmrza

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 08:56:05 PM »
If you consider Canon's need to differentiate the 1Ds range from the 5D range, a square sensor could be a way to do that, given that it is probably a more practical aspect ratio for studio use.  Another benefit is for those instances when you have to use direct on-camera flash, and you have no way of avoiding ugly shadows other than keeping the camera upright, you don't lose so much in cropping.
That may be sufficient for wedding and portrait shooters to prefer a 1Ds series camera over a 5D series camera...
From an engineering perspective, a square sensor may be less demanding on lenses than a 2:3 sensor - because of less use of the fringes of the light circle.  While I do not have sufficient technical expertise in this area, I suspect a square sensor might allow Canon to pack in more, smaller pixels and still get sufficient image quality.
After all, a 24x36mm frame is purely a relic of 35mm film.
Zeiss Ikon Contax II, Sonnar 50mm f/2, Sonnar 135mm f/4

Mark

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 09:26:05 PM »
I use the 7D for shooting video quite a bit.  For me, the one most important feature that would justify buying the next camera Canon puts out is for the video to autofocus like a regular camcorder or the Sony mirrorless cameras.  I have all Canon lenses but have even considered buying a Sony just for the video autofocus capability.

Have you heard anything about video autofocus in an upcoming Canon DSLR?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 09:26:05 PM »