November 24, 2014, 11:26:15 AM

Author Topic: What a day at Adorama! I GOT IT They also have the KIT  (Read 1257 times)

shyy

What a day at Adorama! I GOT IT They also have the KIT
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:07:06 PM »
I finally got it!  I went in to play with the body and I told the sales rep if he had the body, I would buy it right now.  He tells me there is one and that he will check.  5 minutes later he comes back and says that he can't find it but they do have the kit in stock.  So I tell him I am not shocked that he couldn't find it because its hard to find.  So he tries to sell me the kit which I already have the 24-105L lens.  I tell him let me check out the used section to see how much I can sell this lens for.  Thank god the sales rep at the used department wasn't there.  I waited a good 5-10 minutes and no one came to assist me in the used department so I head back to him and told him that if he can work his magic, I really want the body.  He tells me again to hold up and even prints out a paper with a SKU # on it and hands it to another department.  Lo and behold, he has the last one!  He kept boasting that the manager told him they didn't have any and that he made side bets with them.  So as I am walking to the cash register line, he goes up to the manager and tells him he needs to do his job better and that he owes him money.  This part got a bit wierd for me, an associate telling a manager off like that.  Anyways he hooked me up big time, next time I purchase a lens he will be the guy to call.

For anyone that wants the KIT, go tomorrow in the morning because they do have it in stock despite the website not showing any and as I left the store, they were closing up.

canon rumors FORUM

What a day at Adorama! I GOT IT They also have the KIT
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:07:06 PM »

rolsskk

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
Re: What a day at Adorama! I GOT IT They also have the KIT
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »
Congrats on getting it, I just got my shipping notification from them. As far as the kit - they've always shown it as being in stock for the past week or so that I've been checking the site daily.

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 01:44:22 PM »
The Adorama website may not have the correct stock status.  Not only do they sell cameras at the store, but on their website, on Amazon.com, and even occasionally on ebay.  This means they keep a safety stock because simultaneous orders do happen.  You may have been able to tap that safety stock, or a new shipment might have just arrived.

Drama79

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 10:59:45 AM »
this sounds fairly typical. Attempt purchase, vendor attempts to up-sell, you go away and come back, he finds the product.

Helen Oster

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Adorama Camera
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 02:19:55 AM »

For anyone that wants the KIT, go tomorrow in the morning because they do have it in stock despite the website not showing any and as I left the store, they were closing up.

The website reflects only the inventory that we have at our DC in NJ; the store inventory is completely separate.

UPDATE: In a nutshell, the one "body" physically in the store warehouse was on hold for a customer because there were some issues with the form of payment he was attempting to use, and it was not available to sell until the issues were resolved.

The salesperson, tracked it down and found that it was in fact available to sell as there was a 2nd copy in the NJ warehouse on hold for the same customer.

I understand that the comment by the sales rep to the store manager was a joke.......

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:05:53 PM by Helen Oster »
Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 02:19:55 AM »