August 01, 2014, 12:45:00 PM

Author Topic: 5D III error 80 and failure to release shutter  (Read 22985 times)

Louis

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: 5D III error 80 and failure to release shutter
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2012, 06:12:53 PM »
I know that you will get the error if your using slow cards, it happened to me on the shop, so I had to run back home and get atleast a 60mbs/sec write speed card

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2012, 06:12:53 PM »

scott35

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 10:23:55 PM »
I've contacted both Canon and Eye-Fi about this Error 80 issue.  Canon doesn't seem to have any idea what the problem is.  They basically just say the "don't guarantee" the card will work and then offer to "take a look at" the camera if I ship it to them (which I don't want to do because I'm not convinced they know what the problem is).

I sent Eye-Fi the log file from my card, and they said there were some "errors" and they recommended formatting the card in-camera.  So I formatted the Eye-Fi care in my 5DIII.  Since reformatting the card in-camera, I seem to be getting fewer Error 80's, but I do still get them on occasion.

Anyone else had any luck finding a solution?  Thanks!

skyoctane

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 11:17:34 AM »
The very helpful people at Eye-fi have been supporting me with this same issue. This is their advice which I have followed and have not had any issues since...

See if this helps...

Try to format the Eye-Fi card on your computer with a 3rd party software from the SD association:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

When you go to format the card, make sure you first select Options, and set the Type to 'Quick Format'.

I hope this helps. Pls let me know if you still have issues with the Err 80.

Good luck!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 11:17:34 AM »