July 25, 2014, 05:11:55 AM

Author Topic: How many actuations on your Canons?  (Read 10449 times)

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
Re: How many actuations on your Canons?
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2012, 01:23:30 AM »
On May 6th, next month i will shoot approx. 10,000 images in that day alone. I have a marathon to shoot and hired 5 other guys that usually bring in 7-10,000 also. There are around 8,000 participants and we try to get 2 or 3 of each person if possible. Of course we miss people but we try.

Yikes. That's A LOT of photos!!!
Ha! The real ouch will be with my eyes from going thru 60,000 images in a weeks time while living on monster energy drink lol.
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2012, 01:23:30 AM »

gmrza

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2012, 02:47:48 AM »
On May 6th, next month i will shoot approx. 10,000 images in that day alone. I have a marathon to shoot and hired 5 other guys that usually bring in 7-10,000 also. There are around 8,000 participants and we try to get 2 or 3 of each person if possible. Of course we miss people but we try.

Ha! The real ouch will be with my eyes from going thru 60,000 images in a weeks time while living on monster energy drink lol.

I take my hat off to you on that one!  My wife did some jobs last year which each involved shooting between 5000 and 6000 images in 5 days each.  Living with her while she was doing the post work was a challenge!  Shooting over 1000 images per day with a gripped 5DII, 70-200mm f/2.8 and 580EXII for 5 days also did wonders for her upper body muscle tone!
Zeiss Ikon Contax II, Sonnar 50mm f/2, Sonnar 135mm f/4

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2012, 02:50:37 AM »

I take my hat off to you on that one!  My wife did some jobs last year which each involved shooting between 5000 and 6000 images in 5 days each.  Living with her while she was doing the post work was a challenge!  Shooting over 1000 images per day with a gripped 5DII, 70-200mm f/2.8 and 580EXII for 5 days also did wonders for her upper body muscle tone!

;D
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

RAKAMRAK

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2012, 06:22:15 AM »
The naming convention made me think:

You're almost correct. The reason .............

Ok. Just a check: so if I name my files: [shooting date][prefix][number (6 digits)].CR2 is that too long with risk of filecorruption or damage to the memorycard? Especially shooting AI-servo 8fps?

Do not worry, you are not changing the file naming within the camera. Camera will still name is as _MG_XXXX.CR2 or IMG_XXXX.CR2. It is only when you are transferring the pictures to your computer that they get renames. Moreover, why use 6 digits? if you are adding [shooting date] to the then 6 digits are superfluous. Are you a professional who might capture more than 10,000 pictures on a single day, ever? If your answer is no to both then 4 digits are enough, if your answer is yes to the second part (more than 10,000 picture on a single day) then 5 digits will be enough (even if you are a professional you cannot possibly take more than or equal to 100,000 photographs a day).
Need to learn a lot more.
My Flickr Page

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2012, 06:22:15 AM »