July 29, 2014, 05:45:09 PM

Author Topic: Software Install Issue??? EOS Solution Disk ver 25  (Read 1005 times)

robbyjai

Software Install Issue??? EOS Solution Disk ver 25
« on: April 06, 2012, 12:04:16 AM »
has any one been able to install this on their mac at all ??????? My CD seems to ONLY have the Windows set up files and not the mac ones??????

It installs ok on my Windows PC but on both my macs it doesnt install at all ??? WHat the hell is going on ???

I cant view the raw files from my MK3 using the current version that is installed for my 7D previously ??????

HELP PLEASE!

canon rumors FORUM

Software Install Issue??? EOS Solution Disk ver 25
« on: April 06, 2012, 12:04:16 AM »

RunAndGun

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Software Install Issue??? EOS Solution Disk ver 25
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 01:48:23 AM »
Installed on my Mac(Snow Leopard) with no problem. Now DPP problems with RAW is something different...

robbyjai

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 05:31:22 AM »
Installed on my Mac(Snow Leopard) with no problem. Now DPP problems with RAW is something different...

i dont get it ?? It seems numerous people have been able to install it ?? But for some reason mine wont load the installer when i click set up ??? Nothing happens ????

RunAndGun

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 04:00:47 PM »
I had an issue with Photoshop and Lightroom a few years ago(maybe CS4 and LR 2?).  I had the physical discs and they would not install on my MBP.  I tried loading them on a friends iMac and they wouldn't load there, either.  I DL'd from Adobe and used my activation keys that came with the discs and all was well.  It was strange, because I believe I was able to install LR on Parallels/Windows 7 with the disc.

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 05:06:35 PM »
It is posible to get a damaged CD.  One of the Mac files on the CD might be damaged.

Try copying all the mac files on the CD to a folder on your mac.  If they will not copy, there is damage to the CD.  If they copy, run install from the files you copied.

robbyjai

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 12:54:31 AM »
It is posible to get a damaged CD.  One of the Mac files on the CD might be damaged.

Try copying all the mac files on the CD to a folder on your mac.  If they will not copy, there is damage to the CD.  If they copy, run install from the files you copied.

im not sure thats the issue. However I will try your suggestion thanks. I downloaded a copy of Ver 25 from the web that another forum user had uploaded and had the same issue. The installer wont start up for some reason.

It almost seems to be an issue related to my machine ?? Does any one know if I have to remove previous versions of my DPP to install the new version ??? I have tried that on one of my other macs and wasnt able to get it loaded

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 12:54:31 AM »