Rumors > Speedlites, Printers, Accessories

Really Right Stuff Camera Plate w/o Grip - B5D3

(1/12) > >>

aZhu:
Just got my new camera plate from RRS today. Since there are no pictures of it online even from RRS, I thought I'd share a few. Enjoy :)

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

--- Quote from: Mt Spokane Photography on April 10, 2012, 10:28:46 PM ---Some users are reporting serious issues with their plate.  Does yours have the issue shown here?

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1103460/0#10530203

--- End quote ---

I just checked mine and it shows the same "issue". I wonder if this will severely affect damaging the camera body...
Mine already has a small faint line on my camera body... grrr!

UPDATE PART 2:

Just received the Rev A of the B5D3 plate... unfortunately, doesn't look like too much have changed... I still feel like that shelf corner is touching the camera body except it's lower profile now... Why couldn't RRS just have removed the shelf entirely? Anyone else still a little disappointed?

RunAndGun:
I'm waiting on my L-plate that I ordered 3/4.  Hopefully it comes in soon, their website says that they're beginning to ship pre-orders in small batches in the order they were placed.  I do have to admit that I'm not crazy about the design of this one vs. the 5DMKII L-plate.  The old one seemed to just blend in and be a part of the camera, where as this one is definitely noticeable.

aZhu:

--- Quote from: RunAndGun on April 06, 2012, 06:24:13 PM ---I'm waiting on my L-plate that I ordered 3/4.  Hopefully it comes in soon, their website says that they're beginning to ship pre-orders in small batches in the order they were placed.  I do have to admit that I'm not crazy about the design of this one vs. the 5DMKII L-plate.  The old one seemed to just blend in and be a part of the camera, where as this one is definitely noticeable.

--- End quote ---

Yeah the new L-plate does stand out a bit more. I hardly shoot in portrait orientation so in order to save space and money, I opted for the regular plate.

kidnaper:
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the point of a non-L camera plate? It just seems to be a quarter inch riser for the tripod, to me.

aZhu:

--- Quote from: kidnaper on April 08, 2012, 12:03:04 PM ---Forgive my ignorance, but what is the point of a non-L camera plate? It just seems to be a quarter inch riser for the tripod, to me.

--- End quote ---

For me it's basically a really well built arca-swiss quick release plate. I like that there is the no-twist feature vs other standard quick release plates that are just a piece of square or rectangular metal. Anyone else with me on this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version