November 20, 2014, 04:00:02 PM

Author Topic: 5d mark iii battery grip  (Read 1349 times)

eskoeunmo

5d mark iii battery grip
« on: April 07, 2012, 09:07:57 PM »
i know it will be released in late april, but any news one the exact date yet? waiting to purchase my 5d3 with the grip together.

canon rumors FORUM

5d mark iii battery grip
« on: April 07, 2012, 09:07:57 PM »

carsonw

Re: 5d mark iii battery grip
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 08:57:15 AM »
I received an email from CPS this morning that they don't have a release date yet, so much for the end of April.

PhilDrinkwater

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 09:04:25 AM »
I heard it might not even be May... maybe mid June?

WLaputka

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • Laputka Films
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 11:27:27 AM »
There was a time about a month or so, back when I was still waiting for the camera itself, that this would have frustrated me. Having just gotten the camera though, I took it out for a long spin this past Saturday. One of the things that I was impressed by is that for 4 hours of strait work, the thing took less than 40 % of the battery life. This is constant going / stills and video, with light attachment. I usually travel with 6 batteries, and while I cant wait for the grip, I'm thinking ill be able to survive at least a little longer on what I already have stocked up. Lets just hope it doesn't take took much of the summer, as eventually passivity will give way to frustration...and anxiety.....and eventual madness...
Laputka Films
LKFilms.com

PhilDrinkwater

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 11:28:58 AM »
I got 1600 photos from one battery on mine. Was very impressed! However, it's for ergonomic reasons that I like to use a grip - if I'm shooting portrait a lot, I don't like holding my arm in the air.

eeek

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 12:19:39 PM »
I don't care about the battery.  In fact, it could cut the battery in half and I would be happy.  I want it so I can have a shutter in potrait.  I shot the PGA's TPC this weekend and I had to do a weird contortion to get shots.  The only reason I want it is for that.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 12:19:39 PM »