April 20, 2014, 10:08:12 AM

Author Topic: Deep Hidden Meanings? EOS 6D/3D?  (Read 15672 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
Deep Hidden Meanings? EOS 6D/3D?
« on: February 02, 2011, 05:03:50 PM »

Hmmmmm

There was a rumor in the past that I said came from the “land of crazy“. After the post a few people piped up and said there was actually something to the rumor.

The person that originally sent me the info also gave me two hints today based on the invititation sent to Swedish journalists.

1) Pay attention to the low light situation of the image.

2) The Number Six and Feng Shui symbols http://www.squidoo.com/feng-shui-symbols

CR’s Take

Do I think Canon’s marketing department is creative enough to have deep meanings in the images on invitations? In a word, no.

However, I have never had a source be so adamant that what is being told to us is true. I’m hoping for some additional information from other sources.

I do want to thank the source for their continued good humor, I am enjoying it.

cr

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 05:07:52 PM by Canon Rumors »
canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Deep Hidden Meanings? EOS 6D/3D?
« on: February 02, 2011, 05:03:50 PM »

william

Re: Deep Hidden Meanings? EOS 6D/3D?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 05:13:38 PM »
Well,
Been lurking here for a while and as a 40D user been wanting a FF to replace it. 40D is sick and needs to see the DR. Will wait to see what happens before i sent him off.
Thanks,

Sean Nel

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 05:19:21 PM »
Erm... so... is there a link to/image of this "invite" with all the mystic scribbles? so that we can all speculate together?

:D

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 05:21:55 PM »
Erm... so... is there a link to/image of this "invite" with all the mystic scribbles? so that we can all speculate together?

:D

canonrumors.com

Wahoowa

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 05:25:38 PM »
After reading a lot of rumors here lately, it sounds to me like there will be two mid-level FF cameras from Canon:

1) a body that has higher resolution (~24MP or so) that is a replacement of 5DII, and
2) a body that has lower resolution (~16.7MP) that has better noise control at high ISO.

I really want a new FF body to kick my 7D to my backup body, but I may have to be patient to see what Canon will do this year.

Flake

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 05:52:49 PM »
Storks symbolise the comming of a new baby, also the rebirth of nature after winter

Jan

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 06:30:47 PM »
Hum... low light situation? I can see a bright sky behind the few clouds. May be this is a low light condition for a 1/2.3" sensor...
Me neither believes in a deeper meaning. They just thought: "oh, look at these beautiful storks!"

But let's see what's happening.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 06:30:47 PM »

foobar

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 06:42:10 PM »
I don't think there's a hidden meaning behind all this. If there is, the 6 would probably stand for the 600D, because a 6D wouldn't make much sense in the current lineup - the 5D2 already is the "baby FF camera", with most of it's specs bested by the "old" 50D (except for the sensor and some software features like video).

If this was Apple, there sure would be a hidden meaning behind it, but I can't remember seeing Canon doing stuff like that.

bk1e

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 06:43:14 PM »
So, what kind of birds are these? Storks? Herons? Cranes? I hope that this isn't about an "egrettable" new camera.

DJL329

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 06:46:31 PM »
So, what kind of birds are these? Storks? Herons? Cranes? I hope that this isn't about an "egrettable" new camera.

They are Great Egrets.  D'oh!  ;)
Canon EOS 5D Mark III | EF 14mm f/2.8L | EF 28mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.4 | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro | EF 300mm f/4L IS

logaandm

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 07:21:37 PM »
Sometimes it is right in front of your face....

1. Canon likely has shown a pictures from the advertising for the new camera.

2. Canon always has only photographs taken with the new body except for those photographs of the camera itself.

3. The photograph of the cranes is taken in low light with a very wide angle lens.

4. The only low light wide angle lens is the 16-35 f2.8 and it is only wide angle on a FF body.

Therefore, new camera is FF. Eithere that or they are going to announce a new printer.

Now if I could only count the pixels.....

Isurus

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 10:13:23 PM »
I'd say that the 24mm f/1.4 L II is also a low light wide-angle, even more so than that 16-35 actually.  Although, it is still only wide on a FF.

I'm still guessing it is just a printer and possibly a rebel.  Maybe they printed the invite on the new printer or something.  I just have a hard time believing they'll be announcing a new FF camera within a week without any leaks of the body yet.  With the Internet the way it is now, pretty much everything leaks before hand (see Apple products, for example).

2. Canon always has only photographs taken with the new body except for those photographs of the camera itself.

3. The photograph of the cranes is taken in low light with a very wide angle lens.

4. The only low light wide angle lens is the 16-35 f2.8 and it is only wide angle on a FF body.

Therefore, new camera is FF. Eithere that or they are going to announce a new printer.

Now if I could only count the pixels.....

kubelik

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • a teatray in the sky
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 10:30:27 PM »
the canon 10-22 at the f/3.5 end isn't really much slower than a f/2.8 and would be ultra-wide on a crop body.

so the fact that it's wide angle doesn't really tell us anything.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 10:30:27 PM »

daniel charms

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 01:28:09 AM »

An interesting conjecture, except the photo was taken at least a year ago - it was also used in an announcement for an exhibition of Brutus Östling's (the author of the photo) works taking place in summer 2010, published at the end of April. Could this hypothetical camera really have existed already a year ago? I have no idea.

JRSJ

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 01:42:05 AM »

An interesting conjecture, except the photo was taken at least a year ago - it was also used in an announcement for an exhibition of Brutus Östling's (the author of the photo) works taking place in summer 2010, published at the end of April. Could this hypothetical camera really have existed already a year ago? I have no idea.

SNAP!

Open and shut case, Johnson. ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 01:42:05 AM »