August 29, 2014, 12:40:54 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS-1D X Delays  (Read 27399 times)

chrysek

Re: Canon EOS-1D X Delays
« Reply #180 on: April 16, 2012, 07:17:12 PM »
Another possibility could be they are experiencing production issue or delays in getting some of the new parts in large quantities since a lot of them  must be new...  Just like you i also doubt they are upgrading any specs unfortunately.

But they will be making only 7,000 units per month, maybe thats a lot but thats around of 350 cameras if they work 5 days per week for 4 weeks to supply the whole world?!? Not much if you ask me ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #180 on: April 16, 2012, 07:17:12 PM »

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2012, 07:22:10 PM »
Another possibility could be they are experiencing production issue or delays in getting some of the new parts in large quantities since a lot of them  must be new...  Just like you i also doubt they are upgrading any specs unfortunately.

But they will be making only 7,000 units per month, maybe thats a lot but thats around of 350 cameras if they work 5 days per week for 4 weeks to supply the whole world?!? Not much if you ask me ;)

Still represent ~84,000 units per year, so pretty big production for the price tag.  I too almost hope they are not too successful in sales so i can get mine before Neuro!  Hihihi
 8)
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

chrysek

« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2012, 09:59:06 PM »

Still represent ~84,000 units per year, so pretty big production for the price tag.  I too almost hope they are not too successful in sales so i can get mine before Neuro!  Hihihi
 8)

Hahaha :) I am on the same boat :)

So strange, sent email to cps mbox and they did reply that this camera still is on track to be released end of april, my store said the same, sucks that they are so uninformed :(((

kozakm

« Reply #183 on: April 17, 2012, 08:21:30 AM »

Nikon plans to produce 5000 D4 bodies per month :)

chrysek

« Reply #184 on: April 17, 2012, 09:13:53 AM »

Maybe thats why Nikon has better luck with meeting delivery dates, I dont know as I am not watching Nikon. :)

lars_aune

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2012, 01:49:40 PM »
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/?p=9471"></g:plusone></div><div id="fb_share_1" style="float: right; margin: 0 0px 0 10px;"><a name="fb_share" type="box_count" share_url="http://www.canonrumors.com/?p=9471" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php">Share</a></div><div><script src="http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share" type="text/javascript"></script></div><div class="tweetmeme_button" style="float: right; margin-left: 10px; margin-bottom: 70px;"><a class="tm_button" rel="&style=normal&b=2" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/?p=9471"></a></div>
<strong>Why?<br />

</strong>A lot of stuff has come into the inbox as to why the 1D X has been delayed yet again (Canon has yet to make it official). We’re hearing a late June or early July arrival of the camera.</p>
<p>The latest and best information I have says the camera is delayed due to issues with an accessory. It could be the wifi add-on for the camera.</p>
<p><strong>1D X autofocus performance<br />

</strong>The good news is the AF system on the 1D X is being called the “best” and “fastest” system on any current DSLR, this includes the new Nikon D4 and Canon 5D Mark III.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Are there any more specific dates than mid or late June? I really need delivery by June 12th and I am hoping that Canon, for once, padded its estimates!

Shnookums

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2012, 02:39:32 PM »
Are there any more specific dates than mid or late June? I really need delivery by June 12th and I am hoping that Canon, for once, padded its estimates!

Mid-June estimate is as good as it will get. It's not an iPhone so there is a lot of variables to take into account. Things like, your country, your CPS membership or not, your place on the pre-order list, the size of your photo store, etc...

Yes the first people actually getting the camera may get it in June but it could be weeks later for others.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2012, 02:39:32 PM »

vuilang

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2012, 05:07:53 PM »

but then if you look at the # of Canon user VS Nikon users.. Canon isnt produce fast enough.

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2012, 07:17:13 PM »
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/?p=9471"></g:plusone></div><div id="fb_share_1" style="float: right; margin: 0 0px 0 10px;"><a name="fb_share" type="box_count" share_url="http://www.canonrumors.com/?p=9471" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php">Share</a></div><div><script src="http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share" type="text/javascript"></script></div><div class="tweetmeme_button" style="float: right; margin-left: 10px; margin-bottom: 70px;"><a class="tm_button" rel="&style=normal&b=2" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/?p=9471"></a></div>
<strong>Why?<br />

</strong>A lot of stuff has come into the inbox as to why the 1D X has been delayed yet again (Canon has yet to make it official). We’re hearing a late June or early July arrival of the camera.</p>
<p>The latest and best information I have says the camera is delayed due to issues with an accessory. It could be the wifi add-on for the camera.</p>
<p><strong>1D X autofocus performance<br />

</strong>The good news is the AF system on the 1D X is being called the “best” and “fastest” system on any current DSLR, this includes the new Nikon D4 and Canon 5D Mark III.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

I hope you pre ordered or are a cps member because while we say mid june, no way you get it at launch unless you reserved it already!  I wish myself i can get it in June, but I long gave up hope for that because i suspect demand will be high in the first few months...
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

lars_aune

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2012, 02:36:58 AM »

Mid-June estimate is as good as it will get. It's not an iPhone so there is a lot of variables to take into account. Things like, your country, your CPS membership or not, your place on the pre-order list, the size of your photo store, etc...

Yes the first people actually getting the camera may get it in June but it could be weeks later for others.

No CPS membership, but I am #1 on the reserve list of the largest Canon dealer in MD, US, so hopefully. They have provided great service before, so hopefully...

Aaron78

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2012, 08:10:38 AM »
Strangely enough, i called canon usa yesterday and asked when the current release date for the 1DX would be and the lady said the end of april. I said there has been alot of postings in the past days where canon was quoted saying the delivery date is being pushed back to mid june, so she put me on hold for a minute or two.... When she came back she said she confirmed that it is still scheduled to start shipping at the end of april. I just pre-ordered one yesterday, and am #5 in line at the store. That's pretty darn good to be #5 on the list for a camera announced 6 months ago, but the guy said in the past they would generally get 1-3 pro bodied cameras with each normal shipment soi might not get my camera with the first shipment. I really hope they are re-working the F/8 autofoucs issue during the production delay....

kozakm

« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2012, 08:26:52 AM »
Strangely enough, i called canon usa yesterday and asked when the current release date for the 1DX would be and the lady said the end of april. I said there has been alot of postings in the past days where canon was quoted saying the delivery date is being pushed back to mid june, so she put me on hold for a minute or two.... When she came back she said she confirmed that it is still scheduled to start shipping at the end of april. I just pre-ordered one yesterday, and am #5 in line at the store. That's pretty darn good to be #5 on the list for a camera announced 6 months ago, but the guy said in the past they would generally get 1-3 pro bodied cameras with each normal shipment soi might not get my camera with the first shipment. I really hope they are re-working the F/8 autofoucs issue during the production delay....

That's pretty funny, because I had the same information from Canon Czech Republic - couple of 1D X's are on the way and should by available by the end of this month. Maybe we really are a specific market (as phone companies always told us, when we complain about overpriced mobile services fees :) ) - one of the very first Nikon D4 owners was also Czech :)
However I'm waiting and hoping for some price drop...

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2012, 08:32:25 AM »

That's pretty funny, because I had the same information from Canon Czech Republic - couple of 1D X's are on the way and should by available by the end of this month. Maybe we really are a specific market (as phone companies always told us, when we complain about overpriced mobile services fees :) ) - one of the very first Nikon D4 owners was also Czech :)
However I'm waiting and hoping for some price drop...

I am wondering if Canon is indeed producing the 1DX right now but in very small number and maybe not from the final production line, but this would allow them to produce a few units (almost hand made if you wish) for selected cps members and Canon embassador type thing...then the general notice on mass production is for the rest of us!
 :-[

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2012, 08:32:25 AM »

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2012, 08:33:26 AM »

I had not realized Nikon production estimate were lower then the 1DX...interesting...

Bob Howland

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2012, 09:43:57 AM »
I am hoping to shoot my own wedding with it!

:o

Sit yourself down in a chair.  Now...grab the bottom of the chair and lift yourself and the chair up off the floor.  Being the photographer at your own wedding will be about 5 times harder than that.

It will be OK - his wife is the second shooter :D

I heard of one wedding where the bride was an avid photographer, bats or bugs or something. She got a group photograph of everybody at her destination wedding, except herself and groom. That included the caterers in the kitchen, the valets parking the cars, the pool attendants, the professional photographers they hired to cover the wedding, everybody. Somebody got a picture of her getting the picture. She was on an 8-foot ladder and the groom was steadying the ladder, to make sure she didn't fall off and break something important. There were something like 350 people in the group photo.

As I recall, the wedding was budgeted at something like $4 million, including the charted 747 from New York to the destination, some seaside resort in Goa, I think.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2012, 09:43:57 AM »