Gear Talk > Technical Support

5D Mk3 AEB issue - not automatically shooting all brackets when shot with timer

(1/3) > >>

fillup:
I was testing out the AEB features on the 5D Mk3 tonight and found that it does not behave as other cameras do and as the instruction manual says it does. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. I have it set to bracket shots, and when I set the drive mode to be the two second timer, it captures the first shot, but then waits for me to press the shutter button again. It should fire of all the bracketed shots in succession.

Can someone else test this and let me know if they have different results? Are there any special settings I need to be aware of? I tried disabling the Bracketing auto cancel just in case it applied to this, but that did not help. The problem occurs regardless of the number of bracketed shots.

When shooting in HDR mode it does automatically fire off the three shots when used with the timer though.

@!ex:
It will fire them all, just make sure your drive mode is not in single shot and is in high speed mode.  It's an indispensable and well thought out feature saving you from having to lug around a shutter release for long exposure brackets.

wickidwombat:

--- Quote from: @!ex on April 12, 2012, 01:53:55 AM ---It will fire them all, just make sure your drive mode is not in single shot and is in high speed mode.  It's an indispensable and well thought out feature saving you from having to lug around a shutter release for long exposure brackets.

--- End quote ---

but he wants it in 2 sec timer

if you enable 2 sec timer it moves of high speed drive
I know the 5D2 and 1D3 it fires all brackets if AEB is enabled and on 2 sec timer it fires off all brackets in succession.
I dont think i got to testing bracketing i got stuck on AF

might be something for the firmware update list  :-\

@!ex:

--- Quote from: wickidwombat on April 12, 2012, 02:08:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: @!ex on April 12, 2012, 01:53:55 AM ---It will fire them all, just make sure your drive mode is not in single shot and is in high speed mode.  It's an indispensable and well thought out feature saving you from having to lug around a shutter release for long exposure brackets.

--- End quote ---

I know the 5D2 and 1D3 it fires all brackets if AEB is enabled and on 2 sec timer it fires off all brackets in succession.

You're right 2 sec timer replaces high speed shooting, but I just tested the AEB w 2 sec timer again (this is my second body) and if you have it set to AEB and 2 sec timer it fires all bracketed shots every time.  must be either user error on setting AEB right or a defective camera.

--- End quote ---

@!ex:

--- Quote from: wickidwombat on April 12, 2012, 02:08:57 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Sorry, thought I posted some text in that last post:

I just checked it again and on both the 5Dmk3 bodies I have had, if you switch to 2sec timer it fires off all AEB brackets.   Only problem I can imagine would either be camera malfunction/defect, or user error setting AEB.  If you set AEB and then don't hit the SET button to exit AEB menu, then you will still not be in AEB mode and it would only fire one shot.  I have done this, make sure you hit the set button after setting AEB, then it should work perfectly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version