October 23, 2014, 10:06:37 AM

Author Topic: 60D Flip Screen Saga [CR2]  (Read 16820 times)

wuschba

Re: 60D Flip Screen Saga [CR2]
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 12:02:17 PM »
I wonder how long "just around the corner" might be...  ???

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 12:02:17 PM »

CamaJan

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 01:05:45 PM »
Retail sending it to manufacturer time... that sound reasonable to me. It takes time and I guess they always have other things lined up to do before your item comes along. Anyway it is probably a wide estimate... could be shorter, but probably not longer. 8)

Oh, and you should always have 2 cameras! : ;D ;D

gkreis

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 12:33:03 AM »

My Canon s90 has developed 3 bad pixels, right in the middle of the picture. There's no official way for me to fix this on my own.

When I asked at the store about a warranty replacement, they said sure - they could ship my camera into Canon, and I would get it back - in 4-6 WEEKS.

How long did it take to get your camera back? I don't know about you, but the "we'll fix your camera and you'll get it back in 6 weeks" isn't feasible for me - for that amount of time, I'd have to buy a 2nd camera to cover the gap.

It took about 1 1/2 weeks the first time, when they repaired the electronics. But when it came back, I realized the focus issues were back again.  So they paid shipping there and back and did the adjustments for no charge.  I sent on a Monday and it was back on Friday.

I wonder if the dSLR cameras get better treatment than P&S? Was that official Canon support?  Call Canon direct.

gkreis

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 11:27:46 AM »
I wonder how long "just around the corner" might be...  ???

I wonder if Canon has a strategy to 'game' the rumor mill and use it to buy time for their products?  They could easily let a little line out here and there from CR2s, who may not even know they are being played, and keep the faithful faithful.

Is this a strong dose of paranoia I am dealing with or just a little?  ;-)

wuschba

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 02:30:49 AM »
Is this a strong dose of paranoia I am dealing with or just a little?  ;-)
Considering what other companys do? No ;)

But I guess that Canon shouldn't push their luck to much here - the 60D is just too late anyway and from what I read here and in other forums a lot of potential customers went to 550D/7D or Nikon already...

« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 02:32:27 AM by wuschba »

match14

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 08:29:42 AM »
I hope Canon don't do any thing wild here the 40D and 50D where fine cameras so a updated 50D with a new sensor would be just fine by me

Mark D5 TEAM II

• 1D X
  • Proud N0ink 0wnz0r / crApple iFruitcake H4t3r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 11:23:59 AM »
Since CRGuy is still busy playing StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty (Protoss FTMFW, BTW ;) ), he may have missed the DxO slip about the 60D in their product roadmap:

http://www.dxo.com/uk/photo/dxo_optics_pro/product_editions/roadmap_dop_modules

From: http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/cameras/Canon_60D.html
Nikon NSF16 5-Leaf Dual-Blade Industrial Fan ¦ Nikon NTMFI-H1 Dry Heavy Flat Iron ¦ Nikon Tough Mama NTMRC1-2S Rice Cooker “Limited Edition” ¦ Nikon Tough Mama NTMJK18-S Stainless Electric Kettle Plate Type ¦ Nikon NHT 2-in-1 Curling Iron & Straightener in One ¦ Nikon N4004s Decision Master System™

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 11:23:59 AM »

Rocky

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2010, 08:35:23 PM »
A few people in this forum have been wanting a new DSLR body that is even smaller than the Rebel and uses EF lens. Some have been quoting that film SLR were made smaller than the Rebel. I hope that  they realize that there is no grip on the small SLR and the lens mount are smaller in the old days.  I just cannot see that anything smaller than the Rebel with hand grip and EF mount can still fit in an adult's hand. As it is now, even the 40D has only about 1/2 inch  on the non-grip side of the body and about 3/4 inch between the grip and the lens.

dustysensor

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2010, 07:12:37 PM »
I would stay as far away from the 60D as possible!  :-[ - I have owned a 40D for just over 2 years and the shutter box failed. As per others on the net, this is not uncommon. Unless the 60D uses other shutters not related to the xxD series cameras I wouldnt buy it.  - I have since bought the 7D. That uses the 1D series pro shutter. Much more confidence there. No problems so far. I cant see wanting a 60D over a 7D anyway. Canon has dropped the ball as of late. First with 1D mk III focus issues, the 40D shutter, as well as some lackluster L lenses.

Rocky

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2010, 12:44:39 AM »
I have similar problem with my 20D also. The shutter release button failed after 3 years.  When did you get the information about the 7D and MK I  shutter button are " pro grade"?? Thanks

dustysensor

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 12:38:16 PM »
Hi Rocky - I got info on the 7D shutter from reading pro reviews  - dont know which one it was. The shutter release button is ANOTHER issue with the xxD series. I also had some intermittent problems with the shutter button not working. That is due to dirt getting into the button mechanism. My main problem was with the shutter itself. It now freezes up when I take a picture. The camera shuts down with the mirror up and will not respond without taking the battery out and putting it back in. The camera is non functional. The repair cost would be at least $300 for the shutter mechanism replacement. Not to mention, I would have to repair the release button as well. That would add to the cost. To further complicate it, I would end up with another crap 40D shutter and a release button that could possibly fail again when it gets dirty! - This camera is crap - plan and simple. After the warranty is up you can consider it disposable.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 12:38:16 PM »