November 28, 2014, 08:30:36 AM

Author Topic: CANON U.S.A. INTRODUCES EOS-1D C DIGITAL SLR CAMERA FEATURING 4K HIGH-RESOLUTION VIDEO CAPTURE  (Read 19922 times)

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
So i guess this new 1dc will have the same 61 point af system ?  Really feels like a recycle of the 1dx for a different market segment.
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

canon rumors FORUM

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
18 MP sensor - same as the 1D X.

Basically, seems to be a 1D X with minor changes - headphone port instead of flash sync connector, supposedly better heat management, and obviously different firmware.  Oh, and that red "C" on the front.   :P

And you pay double the price for this little red C!

???
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

JustinTArthur

• Power Shot G7X
  • Photo, Audio, and Video Hobbyist
    • View Profile
    • My Photos
I'd buy one if I could afford it. It's priced close to the Red Scarlet-X's Canon mount package and the high-ISO performance is bound to be best-in-class.

Astro

so the rumors about more MP are just wrong.

Shawn_Lights

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
The price may change just like the C300 did. The C300 was listed at $20,000.

Honestly this camera is attacking the Red Scarlet and I think it's awesome and priced right.  However, that $5k - $8k range is important. Canon needs to put something there. Hell, change the price of this 4K DSLR to $8k and people will be amazed.

If I had the money, I'll get this camera. It's what I want, just priced out of my range. I'll rent it for when I shoot a feature for sure.

It may come down in price by the time it's available. Currently it's too close to the C300 and I'm sure they'll want to set them apart by at least $3k.

DavidRiesenberg

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • David Riesenberg
This is aimed at the pro market. Those who can't afford it probably don't need more than what the Mk III offers. They want more, but really, they don't need more.

Well, "wants" spends more money than "needs" and people are unhappy not because this cam is so expensive but because Canon seems to have neglected the low end market so far including crippling the 5D3 in the video department.

DavidRiesenberg

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • David Riesenberg

And you pay double the price for this little red C!

???

What will truly be epic is if the Magic Lantern team manages to unlock some of those C features on the X.
In all fairness, it seems that Canon is pulling an old trick from the Nvidia playbook by releasing two products with very similar hardware but with a huge price gap since one of the intended markets can support it.

canon rumors FORUM

dswatson83

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
I think Canon forgot about the competition in this market. RED, Sony, and Panasonic have cameras for less are about equal if not better (except the Panasonic) and will be released sooner. How many thousands of dollars could they have saved if they pulled the 61point af, complex metering system, and some other photo features. I could buy a 5D mark III & a Sony FS700 or a RED system for $15,000

dkingentertainment

So long canon I'm selling my 5d mark II and moving on to the Sony Nex fs700 for around 8,000.00 and many are doing the same! Canon is putting out what they want and not what people are demanding. They are not even trying to address the competition. This lets me know that they are all about a dollar and so am I! So, I'm spending my money elsewhere. Sorry Team Canon but we have other options now. Keep your DSLR for 15,000 body. More than the Scarlet, you can't be serious.

preppyak

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
I don't understand why they left all the high-end still features on board, I mean there are so many awesome cameras out there, hell you could get 2 FS700's for this, WTF Canon?
You do know none of those FS-700's will do 4k though. Gonna cost you more for that firmware upgrade and output box. Oh, and you start at ISO 500, not 100.
More than the Scarlet, you can't be serious.
Actually, by the time you get a Scarlett you can film with, its about the same price. And the Canon will shoot to a convenient format (CF cards), rather than a proprietary RED hard drive that costs 10x as much.

http://www.red.com/store/scarlet/product/scarlet-x-al-canon-mount-package

Axilrod

• 1D X
    • View Profile
$10,000 was my limit for this thing, I mean how many cameras do they need at the $15k mark?  There are going to be numerous 4K offerings at NAB and I guarantee you some of them will be 1/2 the price of this thing.  I really thought they were going with the DSLR form factor to make a camera that was 4K but still affordable. 
5DIII/5DII/Bunch of L's and ZE's, currently rearranging.

Axilrod

• 1D X
    • View Profile
I think Canon forgot about the competition in this market. RED, Sony, and Panasonic have cameras for less are about equal if not better (except the Panasonic) and will be released sooner. How many thousands of dollars could they have saved if they pulled the 61point af, complex metering system, and some other photo features. I could buy a 5D mark III & a Sony FS700 or a RED system for $15,000

That's what I've been screaming, I think leaving all the still features of the 1DX on this camera was a mistake, it's a cinema camera after all, do you really need 12fps?  It's like a Super 1DX with added features, it seems if they had made it a dedicated video camera they could have easily kept the price under $10k. 

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Professional video products
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »
If you go to Canon's USA website, you will not find the 1D_C, C300 or C500 in the consumer digital camera products where the 1DX. 5D3, etc are all found.

You will find the 1D_C, C300 and C500 under the professional video products part of their website.

It would seem that if you can only afford $8k for a video camera and anything more than that would break your budget/bank then you are not part of Canon's target market for these cameras. If I was a professional videographer, and the 1D_C was perfect for me then I'd be working out the numbers to make it work - I wouldn't be bitching about not having enough cash.

Will Canon bring out a professional product under $10k? Maybe a C100? Who knows and only time will tell.

canon rumors FORUM

Professional video products
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »

Axilrod

• 1D X
    • View Profile
You do know none of those FS-700's will do 4k though. Gonna cost you more for that firmware upgrade and output box. Oh, and you start at ISO 500, not 100.

I didn't say anything about ISO, dont know where that came from, I guess you're suggesting it's a disadvantage, but the FS700 has built-in ND's so it's not that big of an issue.  And I know the FS700 won't do 4k out of the box, but it's still capable of it.

CanineCandidsByL

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Just to say something nice, it looks weird in a cool way.  I'd love to just hold one for a few minutes.

Its way out of my league. I'll need this under the 6k price before I could consider it, and I don't really expect that for a few more years.

canon rumors FORUM