December 21, 2014, 12:00:24 PM

Author Topic: Adobe Upgrade and Discount Offers  (Read 916 times)

unfocused

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
Adobe Upgrade and Discount Offers
« on: April 12, 2012, 10:51:02 AM »
Adobe is offering a free upgrade to its Creative Suite 6 products when they are released if you buy the 5.5 version now. In addition there is a 10% discount on orders of $375 or more. Code is Spring10 for the discount.

I did some checking of my own records and it looks like upgrading to 5.5 (CS 5.5 Design Premium) is about $200 less than my last upgrade.  There is also a bundle offer of $99 to add Lightroom, if you don't already own it as well.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

canon rumors FORUM

Adobe Upgrade and Discount Offers
« on: April 12, 2012, 10:51:02 AM »

unadog

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
Re: Adobe Upgrade and Discount Offers
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 12:44:00 PM »
Thanks!

With tax it comes to about the same net price as Amazon with no discount.

I am going to move from Photoshop Extended CS 5.5 Teacher/Student to Production CS 5.5/6.0  Teacher/Student

Having a hard time figuring out how to do it!  I can buy the Production package outright for $429, then get teh free upgrade, which I iwll probably do. 

Then I am left with my PS 5.5  Apparently I can buy a regular upgrade for it to PS CS 6.0, and it becomes a regular version, not Student. then sell that? Will have to see what the upgrade costs. Or just wait and see what the upgrade from PS to Production is?  Confusing, as the Student/Teacher only upgrade to the full versions. 

Arg ... headache ..  :-[ :P

Cheers!
michael 

unfocused

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 01:58:20 PM »
Yes, the mysteries of Adobe Student/Teacher pricing are beyond me.

Fortunately, I bought into the system way back in the days when Pagemaker was available. Through incremental upgrades, special offers, etc., I finally got to the point where I have the entire Design Premium Suite and can just directly upgrade from that.

I have heard that there is a path to convert Student-Teacher editions to regular editions, but I don't know if that is urban legend or not.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 02:05:46 PM »
Keep a eye out for the new Adobe subscription offerings.  They will have a monthly charge to use their software, so heavy users may find it less expensive then always upgrading.

I don't fall into that category.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 02:05:46 PM »