Canon Rumors General > Site Information

CanonRumors locks up browser

(1/1)

gkreis:
Is anyone else seeing their browser lock up when viewing the Canon Rumors site?  I can't do it with Firefox.  It is 50/50 it will lock up and if I look at it long enough, it will for sure.  Consequently, I read this site in Chrome and even there, about 5-10% of the time it crashes Chrome.

It appears to be related to scripts that are running on the site, particularly related to ads.

Jaszek:
Seemed fine to me on Firefox 3.6 and is fine with 4 beta. Maybe you have some greasemonkey scripts installed that lock the site up?

Stuart:
I've seen this elsewhere where badly built of maicious ads damage the browser. Keeping your machine patched and using AV is one of the few ways to protect yourself.

Canon Rumors:

--- Quote from: gkreis on August 02, 2010, 03:10:06 PM ---Is anyone else seeing their browser lock up when viewing the Canon Rumors site?  I can't do it with Firefox.  It is 50/50 it will lock up and if I look at it long enough, it will for sure.  Consequently, I read this site in Chrome and even there, about 5-10% of the time it crashes Chrome.

It appears to be related to scripts that are running on the site, particularly related to ads.

--- End quote ---

99% of Firefox issues are plugin/extension related. Usually javascript.

The code on this site is fine.

Mark Shemas:
Reinstall the addin, go to tools, add-ons and remove foxmarks. Then restart firefox, open add ons again and click get extensions, find foxmarks again and reinstall it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version