October 31, 2014, 05:33:15 AM

Author Topic: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond  (Read 6285 times)

ramon123

  • Canon 70D
  • ****
  • Posts: 261
    • View Profile
Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« on: April 17, 2012, 07:19:05 AM »
Buy 5D Mark III Now or Wait till Canon respond?

canon rumors FORUM

Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« on: April 17, 2012, 07:19:05 AM »

smithy

  • Canon 70D
  • ****
  • Posts: 290
    • View Profile
Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 09:38:24 AM »
I'm waiting for Canon to respond.
5D Mark III, 40D, 1V.  Bunch of strobes, lenses and other bits.
They're, their, there, it's, its, too, to, than, then, you're, your.  One lens, two lenses, the lens's aperture.

Renato

  • PowerShot G1 X II
  • ***
  • Posts: 59
    • View Profile
Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »
Order on hold untill Canon responds.

Ricku

  • Canon 7D MK II
  • *****
  • Posts: 494
    • View Profile
Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 02:59:23 PM »
I'm not following here.

Respond to what? The D800?

ramon123

  • Canon 70D
  • ****
  • Posts: 261
    • View Profile
Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 03:10:25 PM »
I'm not following here.

Respond to what? The D800?

Responds to the "light leak" issue.

michi

  • EOS M2
  • ****
  • Posts: 182
    • View Profile
Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 03:40:55 PM »
Might as well wait unless you're in a big rush to get the camera.

fraxs

  • Guest
Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 03:49:08 PM »
I've got the 5d Mark iii. I also can reproduce the behavior but i don't want miss this cam anymore! I was in no condition where this was bugging me!

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 03:49:08 PM »

Dylan777

  • Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • *******
  • Posts: 4217
    • View Profile
Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 04:07:16 PM »
Buy 5D Mark III Now or Wait till Canon respond?

If you can get 5D III NOW at authoirzed dealer, I think you should go for it. I have no issues with "light leak" as reported.

Here are some shots I took, selling my flash on Ebay, I use JPEG with M size. straight out from camera.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180864229426?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Body: 1DX -- 5D III
Zoom: 16-35L f4 IS -- 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Prime: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 200L f2 IS -- 400L f2.8 IS II

cartaphoto

  • Guest
Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 04:49:39 PM »
I have a 5D Mark 3 and I shoot under very low lights and already done 2 min exposure and have not had any problem.  If you already have body you should wait just in case there is a recall.

Chris Geiger

  • Rebel SL1
  • ***
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 04:50:47 PM »
If you take a lot of photos with the lens cap on you should wait to the fix. If you shoot with the lens cap off, buy it now and enjoy. I see the change in metering on my 2 bodies, but only with the cap on. I can't do anything to get the metering to change when the cap is off. I've tried indoors out, full sun and long exposure indoor dark photos. The light leak is a non-issue.

There are many other issues that actually affect photos with this body. I consider this list of minor issues far more important then the alleged light leak.

The Auto ISO does not work if the flash is on.
The focus point should light up before focus lock.
Some images do not receive the correct time stamp.
The card read setting changes by itself if the camera detects a card has been removed.

Daniel Flather

  • 1D Mark IV
  • ******
  • Posts: 868
    • View Profile
Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 04:53:52 PM »
Buy it.
| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100/2.8 | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

rocketdesigner

  • Guest
Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 05:31:19 PM »
Buy 5D Mark III Now or Wait till Canon respond?

Why on earth invest in a product facing a possible recall at the present time?

I admit I am one of those who can't stand to have a flawed piece of gear (no matter how minor :P), this scenario is just another good reason to always follow the practice of waiting until the early production bugs have been worked out before buying any product ... especially at this price point.

LetTheRightLensIn

  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • *******
  • Posts: 3939
    • View Profile
Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »
Buy 5D Mark III Now or Wait till Canon respond?

If you want it and have any interesting shoots in the next 3-6 weeks I think I'd just get it now. The thing is, now with the suspension of shipments and recall of the last shipment that had been on it's way out, it's suddenly hard to find in most places.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »

Chris Geiger

  • Rebel SL1
  • ***
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 06:20:12 PM »
Quote
If you want it and have any interesting shoots in the next 3-6 weeks I think I'd just get it now. The thing is, now with the suspension of shipments and recall of the last shipment that had been on it's way out, it's suddenly hard to find in most places.

That's an interesting way to put it. I have seven weddings scheduled in the next six weeks. I simply can't do my job with a good set of camera's. My 5D3's are a huge improvement over what I was shooting with. I'd make the same purchase again in a minute. The "Light Leak" joke does not affect me and if that is all they are going to do to the camera, I would not send it in for such a recall.

JR

  • 1D X
  • *******
  • Posts: 1244
    • View Profile
Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 07:58:47 PM »
Buy 5D Mark III Now or Wait till Canon respond?

If you can get 5D III NOW at authoirzed dealer, I think you should go for it. I have no issues with "light leak" as reported.

Here are some shots I took, selling my flash on Ebay, I use JPEG with M size. straight out from camera.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180864229426?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

+1.  Get it from authorized dealer and you will be fine...unless you plan to shoot with the lens cap on!

 ;)
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Buy 5D Mark III now or wait till Canon respond
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 07:58:47 PM »