July 30, 2014, 12:33:02 PM

Author Topic: So where do I buy my 5d mark iii at?  (Read 2452 times)

Deadpool790

So where do I buy my 5d mark iii at?
« on: April 18, 2012, 04:22:47 AM »
With its high demand where can I buy online the new 5d mark iii without paying tax?

In regards I would like to get it as quickly as possible without going to a local vendor.

I know B&H is a good place but seems to be on back order so Ive read. I was hoping some of you might help with some other Legit websites that I can purchase and receive my new 5d

canon rumors FORUM

So where do I buy my 5d mark iii at?
« on: April 18, 2012, 04:22:47 AM »

BillyBean

Re: So where do I buy my 5d mark iii at?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 10:58:52 AM »
Hey, Deadpool790, you might get better quality answers if you could give a clue whereabouts on planet Earth you live - it's a big place, and tax rates and rules vary.

I've used DigitalRev in the past - they are pretty good - based in Hong Kong.

I've also used B+H, who were also very professional, in Manhattan of course.

But whether you pay tax and import duty or not will depend a great deal on where you live. I ended up paying tax and import duty from B+H, but not from DigitalRev. I'm in the UK, and customs are getting very good at hitting you for tax on imports.

However, I've come to the conclusion with the 5D3 that I will buy locally, even if I have to pay a bit more. This is because with all the recalls and suchlike, I don't really want to have to return the thing by post across the planet, and then wait ages for its return, assuming that this is necessary at any point. Of course, if the savings were larger, I might be persuaded to go elsewhere...

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 11:42:28 AM »
With its high demand where can I buy online the new 5d mark iii without paying tax?

In regards I would like to get it as quickly as possible without going to a local vendor.

I know B&H is a good place but seems to be on back order so Ive read. I was hoping some of you might help with some other Legit websites that I can purchase and receive my new 5d

You can check with Camera Canada.  They had stocks while bh was still back ordered.  Not sure if they have some though...
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

Deadpool790

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 01:50:51 PM »
Guess I should mention I live in the USA in Los Angeles...

Lance James

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 02:16:04 PM »

I have had the same issue, and on sunday Adorama had some in stock, got my order in and they shipped on monday. Others called monday and they were already sold out. I had noticed they listed 12 on ebay friday and it seemed to make sense they had others in stock. You may want to watch the adorama on ebay and see when they list again. It worked for me. Free shipping and no tax paid at the time of order. I'm in Ca. as well.
I was waiting for B&H but gave up. I normally order all my stuff through them. This was my first order with Adorama. So far so good. Time will tell but they seem to have a solid history like B&H. Hope this helps.

ksuweh

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 03:22:05 PM »
Just bought mine last week from http://www.kenmorecamera.com/c-1445-canon.aspx

Very helpful, knowledgeable & great service! I heard about them from this forum actually. I bought a kit (5D III & 24-105 f/4 L). They have the kits IN STOCK right now, the bodies only aren't in stock. I am very pleased with them!

You MIGHT be able to buy a body only from Adorama's ebay site. Most, if not all places seem to have a waiting list for the body only. That is why I pulled the trigger on the kit instead of waiting on a list for the body.
5D Mk III, 16-35 f/2.8L II, 24-105 f/4L IS, 35 f/1.4L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, (2x) Speedlite 600EX-RT, ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 03:52:07 PM »

problem is they called back stock over the seemingly minor, at best, light-leak metering issue, so it's suddenly gone dry at most of those non-little local vendor places

adorama had them for a while but they charge instant tax out of state to some states unlike most of those places

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 03:52:07 PM »

AAPhotog

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 04:49:39 PM »

I have had the same issue, and on sunday Adorama had some in stock, got my order in and they shipped on monday. Others called monday and they were already sold out. I had noticed they listed 12 on ebay friday and it seemed to make sense they had others in stock. You may want to watch the adorama on ebay and see when they list again. It worked for me. Free shipping and no tax paid at the time of order. I'm in Ca. as well.
I was waiting for B&H but gave up. I normally order all my stuff through them. This was my first order with Adorama. So far so good. Time will tell but they seem to have a solid history like B&H. Hope this helps.

I think they are sold out because of me :-( I ordered on saturday, then placed a comment in a few threads stating they had them in stock. The next day they were sold out
iPhone 4s camera

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 04:49:39 PM »