June 18, 2018, 05:10:13 PM

Author Topic: Light leak on 5D3 IS a big issue, and should embarrass Canon  (Read 54036 times)

ramon123

• EOS 80D
Re: Light leak on 5D3 IS a big issue, and should embarrass Canon
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2012, 05:25:36 PM »
At this week, Canon has provided workaround for reparation. However, they roughly announced serial number of flawed product at the same time. Obviously, Canon has no consideration of first users. Also, it indirectly hit and hurt first users again. it caused that first user will lose good price of 5D3 at 2nd hand market in the future once they would like to sell. Becuase all buyers know serial number is a flaw ones... Even if it has been repaired... buyer also are concern about disassembled body. Canon should handle this affair more carefully. Because most of first users are loyal and believe Canon's product. Unquestionably, Canon will lose goodwill if no good repairation for first users.  :(

Yep the whiners publically whined long and loud about a glitch that shouldn't affect them and it has hit them in the pocket, hit  millions of happy users in the pocket and tarnished the reputation of a fine camera

I hope they are pleased with themselves and will be able to sleep soundly knowing they have achieved a 'result' by 'forcing' Canon to rectify a minor problem that would never have impacted them >:(

"hit millions of happy users"

you don't really think that there are that many people with 5D Mark III's do you?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2012, 05:25:36 PM »

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2012, 05:37:09 PM »
"Darn, I guess ill just have throw this brand new Canon EOS mark III that I've just spent 3500$ into the garbage dumpster because no good photos will ever come out of it because of a tiny leak that may not affect the actual real world performance based on some stuff that was in a video on youtube showing a dude poking around with his MK3 just to pull out a flaw that really shouldn't have been there but oh well, Right into the garbage pale."

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o WHATTT!?!

briansquibb

« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2012, 05:54:55 PM »

you don't really think that there are that many people with 5D Mark III's do you?

In colloquial English millions means lots and lots. No one knows how may 5DIIIs will be sold, but you can bet it will be at least as many as 5DIIs

skitron

• EOS 7D Mark II
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2012, 09:23:20 PM »
At this week, Canon has provided workaround for reparation. However, they roughly announced serial number of flawed product at the same time. Obviously, Canon has no consideration of first users. Also, it indirectly hit and hurt first users again. it caused that first user will lose good price of 5D3 at 2nd hand market in the future once they would like to sell. Becuase all buyers know serial number is a flaw ones... Even if it has been repaired... buyer also are concern about disassembled body. Canon should handle this affair more carefully. Because most of first users are loyal and believe Canon's product. Unquestionably, Canon will lose goodwill if no good repairation for first users.  :(

Man, I hope you never buy a new car the first year it comes out...
5D3, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 100L, 24-105L, Sigma 50/1.4 DG, Rokinon 14mm Canon TC 1.4x III

dturano

« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2012, 10:37:32 PM »
Not looking to side track this intense thread, but have two quick questions:  Where do you live? And what night does the trash go out?  ;)

"Darn, I guess ill just have throw this brand new Canon EOS mark III that I've just spent 3500$ into the garbage dumpster because no good photos will ever come out of it because of a tiny leak that may not affect the actual real world performance based on some stuff that was in a video on youtube showing a dude poking around with his MK3 just to pull out a flaw that really shouldn't have been there but oh well, Right into the garbage pale."

Tcapp

• EOS 7D Mark II
    • Timothy Capp Photography
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2012, 01:10:32 AM »
Not looking to side track this intense thread, but have two quick questions:  Where do you live? And what night does the trash go out?  ;)

Exactly.

5DIII, 5DII, 7D, 50 1.4, 85 1.4, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 70-200 2.8 IS L II, 2x TC III, 15 Fisheye 2.8, 100 Macro 2.8, 24 1.4 L
http://www.TimothyCapp.com
Follow me on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Timothy-Capp-Photography/94664798952

ramon123

• EOS 80D
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2012, 03:03:08 AM »

In colloquial English millions means lots and lots. No one knows how may 5DIIIs will be sold, but you can bet it will be at least as many as 5DIIs

Um, "millions" can mean literal or figurative. I think in context you should of rather said "a lot" or "thousands" which is more specific and leaves less room for misunderstanding.

Where did you learn English?  ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2012, 03:03:08 AM »

briansquibb

« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2012, 03:06:14 AM »

Um, "millions" can mean literal or figurative. I think in context you should of rather said "a lot" or "thousands" which is more specific and leaves less room for misunderstanding.

England

swrightgfx

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2012, 03:13:54 AM »

England
Ha ha. Brilliant. I cannot speak for where from ramon123 hails, but I do find myself misunderstood by those not of the same British language learning as myself, who often take my words too seriously, ignoring the sarcasm or exaggerated nature and taking everything literally!

briansquibb

« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2012, 03:38:10 AM »

England
Ha ha. Brilliant. I cannot speak for where from ramon123 hails, but I do find myself misunderstood by those not of the same British language learning as myself, who often take my words too seriously, ignoring the sarcasm or exaggerated nature and taking everything literally!

I come from a generation that learnt English where words often had different conotations. England english is so full of sayings, double meanings and plays on words which do not work through Google translation :D

You are right in that it is sometimes what we dont say that imparts the meaning. In English english you have to read the paragraph not the individual words to understand us.

LetTheRightLensIn

« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2012, 03:40:12 AM »

I bet he learned it in the real world of how people actually speak and use words I bet.  ;)

LetTheRightLensIn

« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2012, 03:43:42 AM »

England

Well I'm in the US and I got what he meant without issue. In my part of the country it's a given to not take everything so ridiculously literally. I do remember this one kid from out of state who moved in and he would constantly stop people like every few sentences to correct well, come on, you don't literally mean that now, arrr, ridiculous, could never get the concept that not everything is 100% literal to the bone!

Hesham

« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2012, 03:57:08 AM »
 "tarnished the reputation of a fine camera"

reputation of a CAMERA???? what's with you people??

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2012, 03:57:08 AM »

swrightgfx

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2012, 04:06:28 AM »
"tarnished the reputation of a fine camera"

reputation of a CAMERA???? what's with you people??
I do believe this was in reference to second-hand value, potentially reduced over a big fuss about a problem that is not symptomatic within the specifications of the device and has been evident on other models unnoticed for years.

ramon123

• EOS 80D
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2012, 07:05:37 AM »

England

I got a Masters in English at Oxford  :) now shooo

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2012, 07:05:37 AM »