December 21, 2014, 08:32:43 PM

Author Topic: 60D & 7D Rebates coming February 20  (Read 62942 times)

justsomedude

• Canon 6D
  • 5D3, 6D and 7D2
    • View Profile
    • AK Photo - Denver Photographer
Re: 60D & 7D Rebates coming February 20
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2011, 12:19:37 AM »
Amazon just removed the $1599 strikethrough list price... now only showing sale price.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2011, 12:19:37 AM »

tekr

« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2011, 12:56:22 AM »
So I heard the rumors.  Was ready to buy a 7D and lens.  I see all the big sites jacked prices by over 200 for the 7D.  Today it costs more money to by the body WITH a rebate than it did last night.  B&H was 1482 for the body now they are $1699.00!   I'll be sticking with my 10D after all.  Typical greed

rob40wilson03

« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2011, 01:49:04 AM »
Somehow, I just sneaked one out of amazon (sold directly from amazon) for $1458....

i clicked on the 7d, which it then told me was being sold by adorama, but allowed me to choose other selling options.  i then chose one directly from amazon, and it charged me $1458  ;D

maybe i just got lucky?

justsomedude

• Canon 6D
  • 5D3, 6D and 7D2
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2011, 02:27:34 AM »
maybe i just got lucky?

Nah... not lucky... the $1457 has been Amazon's base price for the last few weeks.  I think some people were just hoping to get the extra $200 off THAT price, which we all now know won't ever be happening.

Anyone can still access Amazon's sold out page and lock in that price on backorder...

http://amzn.to/hQXAzO

Just gotta wait for the units to arrive at Amazon's warehouses - which probably won't be too long.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 02:31:47 AM by justsomedude »

Tristan944

« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2011, 02:51:06 AM »
I'm glad I saw this forum so I had the heads up to buy a 7D kit when I saw a really good price. Buydig.com is an authorized dealer and on Feb 19 lowered the cost of the 7D with 18-135mm kit lens down to $1690. When all other sites had gone up to $1800 for this, Buydig had not yet. So I bought it through them, with a free 8gb Kingston CF card and free $30 air shipping, all for $1690. I'm so glad I jumped on it at 12:15am this morning (Feb 20).

Vaz

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2011, 03:51:16 AM »
Does anyone know why the double lens rebates are not applying? I'm trying to get a 70-200 2.8 II and pretty much every store will only discount it 200, even though I'm trying to buy it with a 60D body. The pdf that was posted in this thread said double lens rebate if purchased with a body.

Helen Oster

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Adorama Camera
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2011, 06:29:46 AM »
When Canon raises the prices to retailers, rebates are generally offered for the first few months to delay the price-change for customers. We don't raise prices on our existing stock to match the new prices, which often means that customer prices drop initially; however within a week or two, when we've sold out of almost every Canon unit that has a rebate on it, as well as a few that don't - we have to pay the increased prices when we re-stock.

At the same time if Canon decides to enforce their MAP program more aggressively, it leaves us no choice but to offer the renewed inventory at Canon “estimated retail prices”.

Manufacturers usually require retailers to meet MAP restrictions in order to participate in a rebate offer program, and many of Adorama’s regular list prices are frequently too low to be able to offer the rebates. If we don’t comply, we’ll lose our Authorized Dealership Status

When a manufacturer or US importer changes MAP parameters and enforces them vigorously, retailers are left with no option. Therefore when our inventory is exhausted, prices have to go up to reflect the new MAP. Nevertheless, prices at Adorama will at no time be raised above MSRP.

MAP restrictions mean that when the rebated lenses are marked up to the Canon "estimated price," the cost of the unit with the rebate applied will in some cases either be equal to, or in some case greater than the regular discounted price that we were selling them for before the instant rebate program went into effect!

The reason that you may find units pre-price rise at a smaller or independent retailer while prices at the bigger retailers have already increased, is simply a matter of scale; stores that carry & sell on from a larger inventory, will deplete stocks bought in at the pre-price rise prices far more quickly than smaller stores with a slower turnover.

Also, the price at smaller retailers is rarely as variable as at larger outlets, because they are generally unable to offer the same level of deep discounting due to their smaller purchasing power, so price increases are not as great.

As retailers who care passionately about the products we sell, I can promise you that we don't like it any more than our customers do.

I hope this has helped to clarify how pricing works - but you are most welcome to email me directly if anything isn't clear, or you need additional information.

Helen Oster ☺
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
HelenO@adorama.com   

http://twitter.com/HelenOster   

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2011, 06:29:46 AM »

blorky

« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2011, 09:08:25 AM »
So my read is that if the budget can afford it, and I want a 7d, I should snag it now for the best Sub $500 price I can find, since prices are going up after the rebate period?  That right?

Thanks to all on the boards for the worthwhile and educational discussions in this and many other threads.

[edit: *sub $1500*]

DOH!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:47:43 AM by blorky »

bvukich

• Spam Assassin
  • Administrator
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • My (sparse) ZenFolio Site
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2011, 09:54:43 AM »
... I should snag it now for the best Sub $500 price I can find ...

At that price I'll take three :)

M.B.Johnson

« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2011, 10:29:06 AM »
So I heard the rumors.  Was ready to buy a 7D and lens.  I see all the big sites jacked prices by over 200 for the 7D.  Today it costs more money to by the body WITH a rebate than it did last night.  B&H was 1482 for the body now they are $1699.00!   I'll be sticking with my 10D after all.  Typical greed

It really is only $17 diff, you still get the instant rebate of $200 making the selling price $1499...I have a hard time thinking that B&H is a greed monger just for $17...probably cost them more than that to reprogram all their prices for the change.

blorky

« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2011, 10:48:28 AM »
... I should snag it now for the best Sub $500 price I can find ...

At that price I'll take three :)

Hrm...at that price, I'd check that it's sold with a sensor.

Deane

« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2011, 11:46:26 AM »
Here is a email I received this morning from Canon Customer Service !!!! Looks like it is all on B & H and others from what I gather.  I could not find any Canon rebates for the 7D on their site..

Thank you for writing to us.  We value you as a Canon customer and
appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

The rebate you are referring to has to be something the dealer is
offering. Currently, Canon is not offering any type of rebates on the
Digital SLR cameras, lenses or flashes.

For current rebates, you can check out the Canon website for updates:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer?pageKeyCode=53

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Please let us know if we can
be of any further assistance with your Canon Product.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Liz
Technical Support Representative

justsomedude

• Canon 6D
  • 5D3, 6D and 7D2
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2011, 12:04:40 PM »
Does anyone know why the double lens rebates are not applying? I'm trying to get a 70-200 2.8 II and pretty much every store will only discount it 200, even though I'm trying to buy it with a 60D body. The pdf that was posted in this thread said double lens rebate if purchased with a body.

The double rebate is working at B&H.  Click the link for the 70-200mm lens on the 7D product page...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/646908-REG/Canon_3814B004_EOS_7D_SLR_Digital.html

And you will see the $200 instant rebate and the $200 bundled savings.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2011, 12:04:40 PM »

justsomedude

• Canon 6D
  • 5D3, 6D and 7D2
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2011, 12:09:30 PM »
For those of you who are really angry, I would suggest you consider the Canon Loyalty Program.  You can take any old broken Canon camera (even a Powershot), and trade it in to Canon for 20% off their factory refurbished bodies.  With current pricing, that works out to $1,087 for a refurbished 7D, and $1,599 for a refurbished 5DMKII.  Free 2 day shipping.  Local taxes apply. 

Discounted prices based on Canon Factory refurb. price list, here:  http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/subCategory_10051_10051_-1_29252

Also comes with 6 month warranty (rumors that this has been reduced to 90-days).  As for locating a broken Canon Powershot, you can score one for a couple of dollars on eBay.  Just make sure it is 100% BROKEN, with no functions whatsoever (if you are worried, just bang it with a hammer a few times).  Then just call up Canon with the broken body in hand (you'll need the serial number), have your credit card ready, and you're good to go.  1-866-443-8002 (option 2).

Just something to consider.  :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:49:03 PM by justsomedude »

mharvey

« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2011, 02:14:36 PM »
Here is a email I received this morning from Canon Customer Service !!!! Looks like it is all on B & H and others from what I gather.  I could not find any Canon rebates for the 7D on their site..

Thank you for writing to us.  We value you as a Canon customer and
appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

The rebate you are referring to has to be something the dealer is
offering. Currently, Canon is not offering any type of rebates on the
Digital SLR cameras, lenses or flashes.

For current rebates, you can check out the Canon website for updates:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer?pageKeyCode=53

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Please let us know if we can
be of any further assistance with your Canon Product.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Liz
Technical Support Representative

Well Liz is not up to speed on the rebates... I just purchased a 7D for $1499 taking advantage of the $200 instant rebate. Even www.usa.canon.com reflects the rebated price if you add the 7D to your cart... it's not just B&H

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2011, 02:14:36 PM »