October 25, 2014, 11:40:31 AM

Author Topic: 60D & 7D Rebates coming February 20  (Read 61882 times)

TeamWahoo

Re: 60D & 7D Rebates coming February 20
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2011, 03:04:05 PM »
Well Liz is not up to speed on the rebates... I just purchased a 7D for $1499 taking advantage of the $200 instant rebate. Even www.usa.canon.com reflects the rebated price if you add the 7D to your cart... it's not just B&H

Looks like Dave at Canon is "Out of the Loop" as well. 
Here's his response to my complaint:

Thank you for your inquiry.  We value you as a Canon customer and
appreciate the opportunity to assist you with information on the EOS 7D
SLR camera.

The prices on the Canon USA website are Manufacturers Suggested Retail
Prices.  Canon has made a corporate decision to allow the dealers to
establish pricing
, and they will establish their prices based upon
competitive marketing
.  Therefore, prices at the dealer level may be
higher or lower than the suggested list price.

Currently, we are not seeing any information on any current rebates on
the Canon USA website
  The only rebate that we have information on is
an American Express Rewards Card which requires the purchase of a
qualifying Canon digital SLR and either the PIXMA Pro9000 Mk II or PIXMA
Pro9500 Mk II from the Canon Direct Store.

Some retailers may have rebates through them directly and not through
Canon; if you are seeing this information on a retailer website, please
forward the information to us.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  Please let us know
if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Dave
Product Support Representative

I did go to the Canon site, where I added a 7D to a shopping cart.  The sale was not listed at the point that I added the camera but when I checked the cart, it showed the "Sale" price of $1499.  It even stated Promotional Savings: - $200.00!

Looks like Dave is simply looking on the Canon web site for his info.  Canon's people need to get with the program!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:11:35 PM by TeamWahoo »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2011, 03:04:05 PM »

tami1215

« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2011, 07:43:01 PM »
I have also been following this thread for weeks, hoping that the so-called $200 rebate would show up in Canada as well.  Unfortunately not, HOWEVER the regular price for the 7D body is $1599cdn at Henry's.  Henry's is having a Family Day weekend sale of 7% off.  So, the 7D is currently on sale until tomorrow for $1487.99cdn.  Henry's will ship to the USA.

Link: http://www.henrys.ca/53874-CANON-EOS-7D-D-SLR-BODY.aspx

Huh. So on the 3rd day of a 3 day sale, Henry's raised the price of the Canon 7D to $1699 and then applied a 7% discount.  So the sale price, for the last day of the 3 day sale is now $1580.99.  I should have picked it up yesterday but now I will not be picking it up at all.  It's a principle thing.

Birder

« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2011, 07:37:27 PM »
So the million dollar question is will prices be lower after the rebate ends? I saw buydig.com offering the 7D at $1,399 about two weeks ago, but (foolishly) held off thinking that the rebate was coming.  Is it better to buy now or wait a month? Will prices likely rise to the recently-revised $1,699 or fall back to pre-"rebate" levels? If anyone has observed trend in past "rebate" cycles I'd definitely appreciate the insights.  I'd like to buy it by the beginning of April for an upcoming trip - when would the summer rebate start?

tami1215

« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2011, 09:21:01 PM »
So the million dollar question is will prices be lower after the rebate ends? I saw buydig.com offering the 7D at $1,399 about two weeks ago, but (foolishly) held off thinking that the rebate was coming.  Is it better to buy now or wait a month? Will prices likely rise to the recently-revised $1,699 or fall back to pre-"rebate" levels? If anyone has observed trend in past "rebate" cycles I'd definitely appreciate the insights.  I'd like to buy it by the beginning of April for an upcoming trip - when would the summer rebate start?

If I remember right, typically rebate season is late spring (May).  I think the higher prices are here to stay unfortunately.   :'(

Birder

« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2011, 09:25:58 PM »

If I remember right, typically rebate season is late spring (May).  I think the higher prices are here to stay unfortunately.   :'(

So sounds like your vote is to buy now at $1,499?

galwithawand

« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2011, 08:57:59 AM »
seems like prices everywhere have increased. im really upset that i missed out all the low prices. ive wanted to buy from calumetphoto but they just increased the price today.. do you guys know of anywhere i can still get a 60D 18-135 lower than the amazon price? :(

justsomedude

• Canon 6D
  • 5D3, 6D and 7D2
    • View Profile
    • AK Photo - Denver Photographer
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2011, 01:17:26 AM »
seems like prices everywhere have increased. im really upset that i missed out all the low prices. ive wanted to buy from calumetphoto but they just increased the price today.. do you guys know of anywhere i can still get a 60D 18-135 lower than the amazon price? :(

It may sound silly, but the consumer's most powerful weapon is their wallet...  Want to teach Canon a lesson?  Spend your money.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2011, 01:17:26 AM »

galwithawand

« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2011, 01:28:49 AM »
erm.. sorry im a bit lost. but how exactly am i teaching canon a lesson by giving it my moola?

WeatherWarriorMedia

« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2011, 01:33:48 AM »
erm.. sorry im a bit lost. but how exactly am i teaching canon a lesson by giving it my moola?
Spend it elsewhere is what I think he meant...as those that have threatened to go to Nikon.

WeatherWarriorMedia

« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2011, 01:37:21 AM »
For those of you who are really angry, I would suggest you consider the Canon Loyalty Program.  You can take any old broken Canon camera (even a Powershot), and trade it in to Canon for 20% off their factory refurbished bodies.  With current pricing, that works out to $1,087 for a refurbished 7D, and $1,599 for a refurbished 5DMKII.  Free 2 day shipping.  Local taxes apply.
I don't think they have many if any in the program right now. Some fellow storm chase buddies suggested this as they took advantage, but when I called (both for the 5Dm2 or 7D) they said "those cameras are not in the program any longer". I think the call taker meant 'at this time', but unless you have time and are willing to call everyday to check up on availability, it's gonna be near impossible to take advantage of the Loyalty Program for the HDSLR cameras.

WeatherWarriorMedia

« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2011, 01:40:25 AM »
In the end, I decided to buy new, however I went through Best Buy ($1699) since I could pick it up immediately and they price matched the SanDisk 16gb Memory card (from $299 to $125) listed on B&H's website (they wouldn't match the vendor on Amazon selling them at $86).  I also "financed" it via BB since they had zero interest for 18 months. Saves more room for lenses, mic, tripods, etc. for my new business.

galwithawand

« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2011, 02:33:27 AM »
Spend it elsewhere is what I think he meant...as those that have threatened to go to Nikon.
did those people really move to Nikon? now i dont know whether to bite the bullet and get the 60D at 1139 because im scared when 600D comes out at 1100 the price of 60D might rise even more.. will it?

SRHelicity

« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2011, 03:02:14 AM »
I don't think they have many if any in the program right now. Some fellow storm chase buddies suggested this as they took advantage, but when I called (both for the 5Dm2 or 7D) they said "those cameras are not in the program any longer". I think the call taker meant 'at this time', but unless you have time and are willing to call everyday to check up on availability, it's gonna be near impossible to take advantage of the Loyalty Program for the HDSLR cameras.

When did you call? I called late last week (IIRC), and the lady at Canon said the 7D was available for purchase through the loyalty program (for ~$1087 + taxes).  You can try calling again to ask. Of course, they may have taken the 7D back out of the program (perhaps such a move is related to the rebates).  FWIW, the lady I spoke with (who was very professional and helpful, actually) did confirm that the 5D MKII was not in the program.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2011, 03:02:14 AM »

Pixel Adams

« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2011, 05:37:42 PM »
I asked a dealer I like what's up with the apparent price increases that go with "rebates."  The answer is that legitimate dealers are complying with Canon policy re advertising.  He said he'd be happy to work a deal with me to make the rebate real.  Helps to ask!

galwithawand

« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2011, 10:14:40 PM »
woot! mind sharing which dealer it is?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2011, 10:14:40 PM »