August 21, 2014, 10:42:37 AM

Author Topic: 50D & SX1 Replacements Next Week?  (Read 15251 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
50D & SX1 Replacements Next Week?
« on: August 03, 2010, 02:22:02 AM »

…. A Canon rep said

The August 11 announcement date is brought up again. This time from a Canon Rep in the southern hemisphere.

“The 50D and SX1 replacements will be announced next week.”

S90

A few more confirmations of the S90 not appearing on new pricing lists in a few countries.

Lenses

No lenses mentioned for next week yet. This makes me think there will be 2 rounds of announcements.

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

50D & SX1 Replacements Next Week?
« on: August 03, 2010, 02:22:02 AM »

Jason

Re: 50D & SX1 Replacements Next Week?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 02:52:15 AM »
What CR rating would you apply to this?

seb

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 05:43:02 AM »
What CR rating would you apply to this?

This should be CR2/CR3, the cats out of the bag now. Can't say the exact date but it should be this month.

Waleed Essam

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 06:32:38 AM »
It's sure coming now... I remember right before 7D was announced a lot of news came floating here, and here they are now for the 60D...

Weird thing nothing much about the specs though... Maybe Canon are to surprise us. ::)

Maxime

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 08:31:57 AM »
Crap. I just ordered the s90. Do we know when and what it will be replaced with?

Thx

marind

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 08:47:47 AM »
arrghhhh!!! >:(
i'm going to the states on last of august .. was planning there to buy a new body .. been waiting for the 60d since march ..  :-\ .. i just gave up, decided to go for a 7d (which is, however, too much $$$ for now, but hey, i will not buy 50d, so what options do i have) .. and now i hear that the 60d is around the corner ..  ???
so, if the announcement will be lets say next week, how long usually needs camera to get to the shop? can i still hope untill 1. of september?

spam

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 12:37:26 PM »
but hey, i will not buy 50d, so what options do i have
Lots of options, like 550D or another brand. No reason to go for Canon if they don't make the body you want.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 12:37:26 PM »

unfocused

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 12:53:45 PM »
decided to go for a 7d (which is, however, too much $$$ for now, but hey, i will not buy 50d

Best to just accept that there will always be a new camera coming out. Based on the rumors swirling around both the Nikon D95 and the 60D, I'm not expecting either to be a "game changer." Canon will probably price the 60D around $1,200 to $1,300 to compete with Nikon. 7D is selling for about $1,550 now.

In the scheme of themes, that's not that much of a difference.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

marind

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 01:51:55 PM »
Lots of options, like 550D or another brand. No reason to go for Canon if they don't make the body you want.
emm, at the moment i own a 450d, so i will not go for 550d (i don't care for video), i have already some good canon lenses, flashes and some other canon stuff, so no, i can not (well ok, i don't want to) change the brand ..

decided to go for a 7d (which is, however, too much $$$ for now, but hey, i will not buy 50d

Best to just accept that there will always be a new camera coming out. Based on the rumors swirling around both the Nikon D95 and the 60D, I'm not expecting either to be a "game changer." Canon will probably price the 60D around $1,200 to $1,300 to compete with Nikon. 7D is selling for about $1,550 now.

well between 800$(550d) and  1550$(7d) there is a big hole (50d is at 950$) .. sure, if it will be close to 7d, i will take 7d, but if not, i will go for 60d and buy some more glass..

problem is that i need to buy something, since the prices in usa are much nicer then here, at "home" ..  ;D

wuschba

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 02:12:40 PM »
So how is Canon usually announcing such things? Where can we get the information when it's still hot?

gkreis

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 02:54:50 PM »
i'm going to the states on last of august .. was planning there to buy a new body .. been waiting for the 60d since march ..  :-\ .. i just gave up, decided to go for a 7d (which is, however, too much $$$ for now, but hey, i will not buy 50d, so what options do i have) .. and now i hear that the 60d is around the corner ..  ???
so, if the announcement will be lets say next week, how long usually needs camera to get to the shop? can i still hope untill 1. of september?

I wouldn't expect it to be ready then.  If announced mid-August, I'd think you are going to see it by sometime in very late September or into October.  It is too late for me to buy for our trip to Maine in September...  (sigh).  I'd want to see reviews and hear feedback before taking the plunge, so I suspect it will be an Xmas purchase for me, if at all.

FWIW, the 50D was announced Aug 26th, 2008 and scheduled for an October delivery (no exact date set).

http://www.all-things-photography.com/canon-eos-50d-press-release.html

marind

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 03:15:09 PM »

I wouldn't expect it to be ready then.  If announced mid-August, I'd think you are going to see it by sometime in very late September or into October.  It is too late for me to buy for our trip to Maine in September...  (sigh).  I'd want to see reviews and hear feedback before taking the plunge, so I suspect it will be an Xmas purchase for me, if at all.

FWIW, the 50D was announced Aug 26th, 2008 and scheduled for an October delivery (no exact date set).

http://www.all-things-photography.com/canon-eos-50d-press-release.html

but 7d wa announced on 1 september and it was in shops around US at the end of the month .. let's hope!  8)

CAT in HAWAII

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 03:26:08 PM »
  I'd want to see reviews and hear feedback before taking the plunge, so I suspect it will be an Xmas purchase for me, if at all.

but 7d wa announced on 1 september and it was in shops around US at the end of the month .. let's hope!  8)

YEAH! maybe we can ALL get one by Christmas!!! :-*

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 03:26:08 PM »

scott

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 10:46:43 PM »
emm, at the moment i own a 450d, so i will not go for 550d (i don't care for video), i have already some good canon lenses, flashes and some other canon stuff, so no, i can not (well ok, i don't want to) change the brand ..

well between 800$(550d) and  1550$(7d) there is a big hole (50d is at 950$) .. sure, if it will be close to 7d, i will take 7d, but if not, i will go for 60d and buy some more glass..

problem is that i need to buy something, since the prices in usa are much nicer then here, at "home" ..  ;D

That is the dilema I am facing. I can justify to myself getting that 10-22 EF-S if I save a little by getting the 60D instead of the 7D.

Fred Relaix

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 01:30:18 AM »

From Nikon rumors, the D95 seems to be a great upgrade :
Magnesium-alloy body,  16MP sensor, 1080 HD video with AF, 6 fps, noise similar to D700, New AF.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 01:30:18 AM »