July 29, 2014, 02:40:13 AM

Author Topic: Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended Finalized, Available soon.  (Read 4825 times)

hoghavemercy

Re: Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended Finalized, Available soon.
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 06:12:32 PM »
After using Photoshop since 19 years and After Effects since 16 years, similar to the rest of the suite (before I bought all separately), I do not see an advantage in Cs6, as I use 3D tracking applications and one of the bigger 3D packages. I'm rather disappointed.

I might jump this real ease, as I'm quite happy with Cs5.

Photoshop seems more like a patchwork with parts of all the other applications in the Production suite and Lightroom, I can't really see (for my personal use) anything that I need, and pay $700 for the update (ProductionSuite).

The Blur tool is a nice toy, and the name Tilt-Blur shows me that the developers have no idea how a shift lens work. These fakes are cheap, from my point of view. Honestly, the package-design doesn't meet my taste either, which is a minor point, but the Ps box looks rather ugly.

Sorry Adobe you missed to adress my needs: 32bit/channels with no exceptions, it is a long time that "we" ask for that! See you in 2013 or 2014 hopefully with a production ready Cs7.

they are quite vocal about 64 bit at the start when they released CS5, it runs good at 16GB of RAM :-[

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 06:12:32 PM »

gary samples

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 09:53:26 PM »
I have CS5 and will love the new raw tools in CS6  probably will do a month or so at Linda .com  to get  up to speed !!

Jamesy

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 11:17:04 PM »
I run Windows so Aperture was not an option four years when I started using LR for raw conversion. I did however consider Bibble at the time and ultimately went with LR based on the number of training titles, websites and following for the product. Aperture has a strong following but LR seems to be the ,arket leader which IMHO has its benefits.

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 01:19:04 AM »
Wow. Production Premium upgrade from CS5 is $750?!?
Why is the PP upgrade so insane compared to past upgrades and even certain other current ones??

(A side note: And I love how they tell you 100x on all their FAQs about how amazing it is to get suites instead of individual programs even when you know you won't use the other programs! That happened to me with a Design Suite and now stuck with that. They won't let you trade it back for just a single element from the suite and want to force you big $$ suite upgrade money each time even if you remain only needing a single program out of the entire suite! Don't fall for the scam!)

Maui5150

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 06:04:54 AM »
Those of you wanting to skip over CS6 might need to reconsider.
You will probably need to have CS6 to upgrade to CS7.
That's been hinted.

I will do you one better, and I am thinking that CS7 may be subscription only.  A lot of software vendors are starting to see push back on the upgrade cycle and many people are 2 or more versions behind... There are a ton of say Windows XP machines still out there, and I still see people using PS 6 even. 

Adobe also does not play fair with their antiquated products.  For Acrobat Pro for example, we have seen issues with older full versions that run into crashes or hang ups because of update endless loops, i.e. searches for updates, and since product is now sunsetted, product basically will lock up.

As incentive to upgrade becomes less and less (i.e. incremental improvements are mainly performance and little tweaks) looks for companies like Adobe to really start pushing subscriptions, i.e. you only lease, never own.  Someways much more inexpensive for the casual user, but for those who sometimes get 3 or more years out of software between upgrades, you are in the sights.

I will upgrade because I want the performance tweaks for multi-core like what you see with Liquify which I will use a lot working on model shots.  I also expect this to be my last upgrade.  I could live with CS5, but also think CS6 has a good chance to be the last purchasable version from Adobe

Jettatore

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 08:33:36 AM »
New RAW painting system looks great, but it's getting to the point where RAW work shouldn't be on an 'import' dialog anymore and should be moved right into the heart of the package, with any such incompatible editing optioned disabled/grayed out until you flatten your work.  I really like the layout of the RAW importer of PS, much better than anything else I've used to date, so careful attention would be needed to not lose that.  As it is, this is very minor as any changes you make to a RAW file are saved automatically in a seperate auto-reloading file if you ever relaod the RAW, but integrating things would pave the way for future features, like being able to do adjustment layers while still having access to RAW editing, etc..

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 08:33:36 AM »