December 19, 2014, 02:35:11 AM

Author Topic: 5d mark 3 display problem  (Read 4757 times)

downunder

5d mark 3 display problem
« on: April 23, 2012, 09:47:33 AM »
Display Bug bei der 5D Mark III (Firmware 1.0.7)

More problems with the 5d mark 3

Canon just recall all these camera's refund everyone and when you got it right with no bugs
let us know!!!!

canon rumors FORUM

5d mark 3 display problem
« on: April 23, 2012, 09:47:33 AM »

callaesthetics

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
Re: 5d mark 3 display problem
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 10:38:42 AM »
im seeing the exact same thing with mine, when i asked others they didn't seem to know what i was talking about...it may be that to some it's not noticable. the screen keeps flickering, but i found that if i press any button to bring up a screen, the screen no longer flickers anymore. this only happens when you initially change the mode dial.

Invertalon

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 10:47:20 AM »
No idea what language that is (German?) or what the issue is since I can't understand it, but I have not had any LCD issues. And that looks like an easy firmware fix regardless, and not a hardware issue.

So just wait for the firmware.

gkaefer

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 11:29:07 AM »
yep its german.
he says - when you never defined C1-C3 mode (it is factorydefault) and you than change from manual or bulb to C1,C2 or C3 and you than change back to M or B Mode than the display shortly is going on and after some seconds again the display starts flicker...
Georg

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 11:32:59 AM »
Canon just recall all these camera's refund everyone and when you got it right with no bugs

Certain small bugs/errors are still being fixed for the 5DII...if you wait for a 'perfect' 5DIII with 'no bugs' maybe the executor of your estate can take a picture of your grave, since you'll long since have grown old and died. 
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

JayOhh

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 11:37:33 AM »
People please stop crying over this camera. If that issue is making you want a recall, you are not a photographer. Just a hobbyist looking for attention. Who really just keeps their camera on and waits for things to happen. Pick up the camera and shoot. The same goes for the "Light Leak" issue. Know your camera and compensate for the picture that you want. Canon will handle all of the shortcomings and the downfalls, just wait. If they waited or delayed the camera, you'd probably be posting about how much Canon sucks with releases. Take it for what it is. Even the D800 has problems.

PhilDrinkwater

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 11:47:17 AM »
Everything has problems. Nothing works correctly. Hell my iPhone needs rebooting every month usually. It's still good that people find these things - hopefully they will report them.

Don't sweat the little things though...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 11:47:17 AM »

LanceF

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 12:01:59 PM »
This is the first time a product has been released that has not been perfect, I demand my money back because it's not perfect!

Just get out there and shoot.  This won't effect you when you're sitting in front of a beautiful waterfall enjoying yourself in nature listening to the water flowing and the bird chirping.

To me this seems like a simple error in the firmware.  They've called the wrong function when switching modes and once it's been called it's in memory and doesn't go away until the camera is reset.

Canon probably doesn't know about the issue because they can't test everything but once they know about I'm sure they'll have someone look in to it and weather they fix it or not will be weighed by the Canon team.

It's the same with World Of Warcraft.  They have thousands of issues but they need to pick their battles because they don't have the time, the money and the manpower to fix everything.

These camera's are not simple like film.  They have many many circuits inside with many computer chips then the tens of thousands of lines of code to run the functions of the camera.

I just hope our major gripes will not be put on the back burner but fixed. 

We'll just have to wait and see.

P.S
If you bought the camera and can return it because you don't like these bugs, do it.
If you bought the camera and can't return it, just write your comments and complains down and forward them to canon and hope for the best.

jlev23

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 12:34:08 PM »
mine does not do that at all
5D MKIII

iso79

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 12:38:30 PM »
At least the LCD doesn't have a green tint and the power switch works  ;D
5D Mark III | 5D Mark II | 17-40mm f/4L | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 35mm f/1.4L | 85mm f/1.2L II | 135mm f/2L

Hesham

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 12:40:51 PM »
im seeing the exact same thing with mine, when i asked others they didn't seem to know what i was talking about...it may be that to some it's not noticable. the screen keeps flickering, but i found that if i press any button to bring up a screen, the screen no longer flickers anymore. this only happens when you initially change the mode dial.

I believe this can EASILY resolved by firmware. This is not an issue at all, unlike the light leak :-\

thenickdude

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 12:56:50 PM »
I have this same issue after defining a custom setting C1. It's kinda funny but not a big deal, I'm sure it'll get fixed in the next firmware update.

Autocall

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 02:35:53 PM »
no problem with mine; firmare: 1.0.7

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 02:35:53 PM »

ChrisJ_SLH

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 03:04:51 PM »
I'm not even going to check mine. Life is too short.

It's hardly a drama that a launch version of camera firmware has one or two issues. Not really the end of the world is it?

Anyway, I have pictures of lens caps to take....

Viggo

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 03:32:38 PM »
Some dude mistook my 5d3 for a 7d today, god damn it, I want a refund now!!!! What's the point of me spending money on the newest camera if people still can't see it is the newest???

I want a firmware where the display flashes "NEW! NEW! 5D mk3, THREE!!"
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 03:32:38 PM »