October 31, 2014, 12:10:23 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS-1D X & EF 24-70 f/2.8L II Delays Officially Confirmed  (Read 15908 times)

spinworkxroy

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS-1D X & EF 24-70 f/2.8L II Delays Officially Confirmed
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2012, 05:29:56 AM »

I had the oppotunity to test the 1DX with the 24mm IS lens today and i must say, i won the 5D3 and when using the 1DX…it made the 5D3 focus feel like eternity. The 1DX is scarily fast and accurate it's unbelievable..i had playef with a 1D4 before and this is even faster and more accurate.
The 12FPS burst mode is just crazy..the shutter sound really sounds like a machine gune and honestly, the shutter sounds alot more "mechanical" than the 5D3 and i like it more than the 5D3.

However, i wasn't too impressed with the 24mm IS..it's a fast and sharp lens but i don't get the need for IS at a 24mm focal range..i almost can't tell there's IS turned on at all at that range..it's as good as it not being there at all..

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2012, 05:29:56 AM »

wockawocka

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2012, 01:52:09 PM »
But handholdable at 1/3 of a second....
1DX, 5D3 and Hasselblad H Series owner.

nikkito

• Canon 6D
  • Argentine freelance photographer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook photo page
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2012, 04:07:51 AM »
I'm going to a Canon event tomorrow and I'll try the 1d x too. I hope they have some info about the release date.
www.nicolaszonvi.com - www.facebook.com/zonviphoto

1D X, 5D Mk III, 5D Mk II, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200L IS, 85 f1.2, 40 f2.8, 50 f1.4, Sigma 10-20 and many other toy cameras.

photogaz

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
    • Photogaz
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2012, 07:33:35 PM »
A Canon Rep in London told me the 24-70L II would now be shipping end of summer :(

chrysek

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2012, 07:57:18 PM »
A Canon Rep in London told me the 24-70L II would now be shipping end of summer :(

I am seriously ready to give up on canon. Why anounce something and then keep delaying? What does it say about the company? That they cant get their s..t together. It trully sucks but with recent events I will just start canceling my orders if its going to be delayed again. I did preorder 1Dx, gps receiver for it and that new lens, for all paid in full, and I will seriously get my money and just spend it on something else. I am nit a pro, photography is not my main source of income so if that is what canon wants to play they will loose me as a customer until they get their crap together. I dont beleive this, spent fortune on lenses and bodies, and this is what I get for being loyal customer.

:(

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2012, 08:41:11 PM »
I did preorder 1Dx, gps receiver for it and that new lens, for all paid in full, and I will seriously get my money and just spend it on something else. I am nit a pro, photography is not my main source of income so if that is what canon wants to play they will loose me as a customer until they get their crap together. I dont beleive this, spent fortune on lenses and bodies, and this is what I get for being loyal customer.

Yes, I also preordered the 1D X, and yes, I'm frustrated by the delays.  But oddly enough, for some unfathomable reason, the fact that I don't have a 1D X in my hands doesn't make the images captured with my 5DII, 7D, and 'fortune in lenses' suddenly suck.  Go figure.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

chrysek

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2012, 08:59:04 PM »
I did preorder 1Dx, gps receiver for it and that new lens, for all paid in full, and I will seriously get my money and just spend it on something else. I am nit a pro, photography is not my main source of income so if that is what canon wants to play they will loose me as a customer until they get their crap together. I dont beleive this, spent fortune on lenses and bodies, and this is what I get for being loyal customer.

Yes, I also preordered the 1D X, and yes, I'm frustrated by the delays.  But oddly enough, for some unfathomable reason, the fact that I don't have a 1D X in my hands doesn't make the images captured with my 5DII, 7D, and 'fortune in lenses' suddenly suck.  Go figure.

I am not saying that my old gear all of a sudden sucks or is no good, I am just disapointed. If they preanounce something and they dont deliver and constantly keep delying it just says something about them. See canon acheived great deal of fame with their 5D mark ii, now they want to proffit on it, is it a right strategy? Well it certainly making our comunity upset and disapointed. This 5d mark iii noise did not make it any better for them, dont get me wrong, after all its their business and I am just one of the customers. Yes they holding me hostage because I have so many lenses but my patience is running out. :(

I am going to euro soccer cup in June, less than 40 days from now will be there, was so hoping to use this new 1Dx in my journey as I will be close to the players and the game and now all of this is in limbo. Canon, you suck :( if I knew I would plan it so differently :(((

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2012, 08:59:04 PM »