September 19, 2014, 06:05:45 PM

Author Topic: We need a "Canon Whiners" Section!  (Read 5384 times)

Otter

We need a "Canon Whiners" Section!
« on: April 24, 2012, 12:55:05 PM »
We need to open a "Canon Whiners" section on CR so peopel will stop spamming the forum with the same boring threads.  Up until the 5d Mark III came along, you never really saw people complain too much other then the random forum banter, but since the release or close to the release, all I have seen is "It costs too much", "There aren't enough megapixels", "It's broken because of a light leak" and on and on...
It's ridiculous.  Enough already.  I understand it's a forum and people have the right to express their displeasure or beef with a product.  But writing another "this isn't an acceptle solution to the light leak" or some of the other issues.  IT is an electronic device.  It will have issues, in some cases.  Other then the odd case, I have not seen anyone show any evidence of a photograph ruined by a light leak.  If it is runing your photos, then return it, just like you would any piece of electronics. 
It even relfects negatively on the community.  "Canon users are a bunch of whining babies" is what a friend of mine had to say when looking through the CR forum the other day.  Yes, he was a Nikon user :P  BUT, I really had no defence, as he was correct about a lot of people on this forum.  Posting the same complaints again and again.  I really get the feeling that a lot of people were holding out for the MKIII because it would make them a better photographer just by pressing the  button.   People are focusing more on the shortcomings or what it can't do, then going out and taking great photos.  If you owned a MKII, it is a better camera.  If you could take great pics with your 50D, it will take better pictures although there may be a learning curve. 
I understand this is sort of hypocritical complaining about the complainers but I am hoping that maybe some people will realise how foolish and useless this is.  If you really have a beef with it, or you think it's terrible, do what one user was smart enough to do and write to Canon.  As posting it in a forum, will get you nowhere... I'm sure a lot of you think this is a ridiculous post.  I'm also pretty sure, you are the ones continulously posting or commenying on the same posts bashing Canon.  Get out there and use your camera and post some great pics...

canon rumors FORUM

We need a "Canon Whiners" Section!
« on: April 24, 2012, 12:55:05 PM »

strawe

Re: We need a "Canon Whiners" Section!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 01:01:30 PM »
We need a "Whiners about 'Canon Whiners'" Section!

unfocused

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 01:06:12 PM »
There already is one. It is called: "canonrumors forum."
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

Otter

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 01:08:51 PM »
We need a "Whiners about 'Canon Whiners'" Section!

Didn't see that coming...

haha...  +1 Unfocused

smirkypants

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 01:17:33 PM »
I don't see too many D800 whiners on similar fora... why do you suppose that is?

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 01:34:37 PM »
I don't see too many D800 whiners on similar fora... why do you suppose that is?

Because they finally got a camera they can be proud of after 10 years...  The rest has been silenced by Nokinrumors
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

wookiee2cu

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 01:42:11 PM »
Honestly this type of thing tends to happen with every release.  You get the typical AF problems, too much noise at ISO 1,000,0000, back/front focusing and so on.  This time someone had the bright (no pun intended) idea to start messing with the camera with the body cap/lens cap on.  Usually takes a month or two for all the madness to cool down.  Funny thing is now people are showing it does it with the 5D MII, 40D and some Nikon bodies as well.  Some folks are mentioning under exposing and I encountered that as well then I realized I was using the wrong metering for the scene I was shooting, as soon as I changed it everything was fine.  9 times out of 10 the issue is operator error, not hardware malfunction.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 01:42:11 PM »

kubelik

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • a teatray in the sky
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 01:50:05 PM »

Because they finally got a camera they can be proud of after 10 years...  The rest has been silenced by Nokinrumors

except, oddly enough, when polls are held by the Nikonians on whether people are happy with the D800, 90% of them say no.

when people make polls on CR asking if people are happy with the 5D Mark III, more than 70% of them say they wouldn't change a thing.

the world is full of people who will perpetually think the grass is greener on the other side.  I'm just happy to see that many of these people use photography as an outlet for this sort of behaviour, where you whine and moan but can't afford to actually jump ship.  it's a lot more expensive to have that kind of mindset when investing in the stock market.

Raddy

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 01:51:01 PM »
How about that ??

Not sure in how many threads I might have posted that pic.  ;D
Again those who complain about this non-issue find at least 20 guys replying to their threads and the saga continues....  ;)
5D Mark III (gripped) | 60D (gripped)
EF 50mm f/1.4 USM | EF 100 f/2.8L IS Macro
EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM | EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM | Speedlite 430EX | Speedlite 600EX-RT

solarpos

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 01:56:25 PM »
I thought it was already decided by the pundits here that the Canon whiners section was called kenrockwell.com

pdirestajr

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 02:25:37 PM »
I am a happy Canon user.

I love my 7D- I know LOTS of people have issues with it's noise at super high ISOs while taking pictures of their cats in the dark, banding when they try to push their poorly exposed files 4 stops in post, or when they haven't learned the focusing system and blame said system...

And I couldn't be more excited to finally be adding a 5D mkII to my lineup for landscape, studio, macro, manual focus & video work... I'm sure I'll even figure out how to use it's AF system to capture the occasional impromptu portrait in focus.

And I won't be photographing brick walls, test charts or the the back of my lens cap- so I think I'll continue to be happy with the tools I have and grow as a photographer & artist.

Happy shooting all!
7D | 5DII | EOS-3 | Nikon F3 | Mamiya 645 Pro-TL

Renato

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 02:48:42 PM »
How about that ??

Not sure in how many threads I might have posted that pic.  ;D
Again those who complain about this non-issue find at least 20 guys replying to their threads and the saga continues....  ;)

Love it! Thanks.. great hummor.

iso79

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »

How come no one is bitching about the LCD green tint and power switch issues of the D800?
5D Mark III | 5D Mark II | 17-40mm f/4L | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 35mm f/1.4L | 85mm f/1.2L II | 135mm f/2L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 03:37:46 PM »
Whiners!

With an "h"!

Shoot! I missed that letter...

I wanted to join ;)

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 03:47:50 PM »

How come no one is bitching about the LCD green tint and power switch issues of the D800?

Dunno... maybe they are doing what we SHOULD be doing, going out and taking pictures... 
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 03:47:50 PM »