November 28, 2014, 03:47:59 AM

Author Topic: BG-E11 Delayed  (Read 13506 times)

clicstudio

• EOS M2
  • {+}
    • View Profile
    • clic::studio photography
Major BS!
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 04:14:39 PM »
This is Crap... While Nikon is on schedule releasing great stuff, Canon releases defective and late equipment...
I've been waiting for my 1DX and 24-70II for months now... Canon chooses to put their effort on Cinema and consumer cameras forgetting about the pros that made Canon what it is today.
I am very pissed off... >:(
Canon 1D X, Canon 24-70 F2.8L II,  Canon SpeedLite 600 EX-RT, 5x Paul C. Buff Einstein Flashes with Pocket Wizard PowerMC2's, Pocket Wizard Mini-TT1, Pocket Wizard AC3.

canon rumors FORUM

Major BS!
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 04:14:39 PM »

DavidRiesenberg

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • David Riesenberg
Re: Major BS!
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 04:29:59 PM »
This is Crap... While Nikon is on schedule releasing great stuff, Canon releases defective and late equipment...

Good luck with finding a D800.

swrightgfx

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: BG-E11 Delayed
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 12:33:40 AM »
It is delayed because of all the Canon techs having to work double-time to correct the non-issue "issue" people decided to complain about here, probably. Little did those complainers know that in the not too distant future there will no doubt be third-party LCD battery grips, thus solving the light leak "issue," even when used outside the specified EV range.

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2012, 08:53:50 PM »
Any updates on the battery grip release date?/

C

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2012, 09:50:35 PM »
Don't worry, the eBay Chinese $60 knockoffs should be showing up shortly. With any luck it will beat the genuine grip to market. I don't mind the eBay grips.

Going back a few years the genuine grip for a 40D died and was replaced with an eBay knockoff, it still works perfectly for my daughter. I destroyed the tripod thread in a 5D classic grip years ago and it would have cost $160 to have repaired so I tried an eBay knockoff which was indistinguishable from the genuine except for branding. It banged around in my bag for years and probably did over 200k shutter actuations before being passed on to a friend who uses it on a daily basis.

So in my limited experience, the knockoffs build quality, switchgear, buttons etc are perfectly fine. I'm just going to buy whichever comes out first.

BTW don't overtighten anything you put into the tripod thread on your grip. It's not as solidly anchored as the one in the body. SpiderPro plates, Black Rapid straps etc which use the tripod thread can easily be overtightened, tearing the metal thread away from what ever material the grip base is manufactured from.

Paul Wright

D_Rochat

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2012, 10:35:14 PM »
Don't worry, the eBay Chinese $60 knockoffs should be showing up shortly. With any luck it will beat the genuine grip to market. I don't mind the eBay grips.

Going back a few years the genuine grip for a 40D died and was replaced with an eBay knockoff, it still works perfectly for my daughter. I destroyed the tripod thread in a 5D classic grip years ago and it would have cost $160 to have repaired so I tried an eBay knockoff which was indistinguishable from the genuine except for branding. It banged around in my bag for years and probably did over 200k shutter actuations before being passed on to a friend who uses it on a daily basis.

So in my limited experience, the knockoffs build quality, switchgear, buttons etc are perfectly fine. I'm just going to buy whichever comes out first.

BTW don't overtighten anything you put into the tripod thread on your grip. It's not as solidly anchored as the one in the body. SpiderPro plates, Black Rapid straps etc which use the tripod thread can easily be overtightened, tearing the metal thread away from what ever material the grip base is manufactured from.

Paul Wright

I'm glad it worked out for you, but I think it's a hit or miss thing. A friend of mine had bought a knock-off and it had stopped working within the first week. I suppose it also depends on which brand of knock-off you choose as well. Buyer beware.....

squarebox

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2012, 11:38:41 PM »
So everybody is assuming a Japanese web page is the definitive source on release date?  Assuming the quality control on the web page is perfect?

that's the official canon website in japan...  And assuming that nowhere else has mentioned a release date, the fact that it is written there would at least be a hint to how soon we can see something.

btw, the japanese site was updated before the global sites with the 1dx and 24-70mk2 delayed release dates if my memory serves me correctly
5Dmk3 - 16-35L - 24-105L - 70-200L F2.8 mk2 - 35L - 50mm 1.4 - 100L - 600xt-rt

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2012, 11:38:41 PM »

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2012, 12:33:12 AM »
Don't worry, the eBay Chinese $60 knockoffs should be showing up shortly.
Paul Wright
I'm glad it worked out for you, but I think it's a hit or miss thing. A friend of mine had bought a knock-off and it had stopped working within the first week. I suppose it also depends on which brand of knock-off you choose as well. Buyer beware.....

Buyer beware indeed. Yes it can be hit & miss. I tended to go for the more expensive eBay models from eBay shops with very high sales. Trust the gut feelings. Though I did bomb with external battery packs for 580exII, the ones that take eight AA cells. Finally went for the most expensive option...a rock solid $600 Quantum TurboT3. For me it was money well spent.

I guess if a grip bombs on a job, you swear a little, unscrew it and keep working.

But sheesh! Wouldn't it be nice if Canon could just get the BG-E11 moving?

Paul Wright

Razor2012

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2012, 01:07:59 PM »

Paul Wright

Paul I had purchased a $60 grip on eBay for my previous 40D also, but it was branded and came in a Canon box.  For all intents and purposes I couldn't tell the difference.  Maybe it was a Canon.
5D MKIII w grip, 70-200 2.8L IS II, 24-70 2.8L II, 16-35 2.8L II, 100 2.8L IS macro, 600EX-RT

RichATL

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2012, 02:54:16 PM »
According to B&H, the BG-E11 is in stock, and my order has been sent to the warehouse.

...yippie....
(Ordered March 6)

RichATL

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2012, 09:48:18 PM »
Got mine today...
Thing is heavy... I like where the position of the D-pad is on the grip... a lot easier for my thumb to reach than on the body itself.

Me likey

Razor2012

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2012, 11:43:55 PM »
I've had mine for about a week now, and yes, the joystick is in a great spot.  Perfect for choosing AF points.  It is a bit heavy but well built.
5D MKIII w grip, 70-200 2.8L IS II, 24-70 2.8L II, 16-35 2.8L II, 100 2.8L IS macro, 600EX-RT

takoman46

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2012, 06:38:50 PM »
BH is is still showing "new item available for preorder". Is there are shortage on grips or something? Also, if the people have already received preordered grips from BH, wouldn't the status change to "backordered"?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2012, 06:38:50 PM »

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2012, 12:33:09 PM »
BH is is still showing "new item available for preorder". Is there are shortage on grips or something? Also, if the people have already received preordered grips from BH, wouldn't the status change to "backordered"?

Got mine today from Adorama.
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

JDAustin

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2012, 10:08:29 AM »
I received my grip yesterday from B&H.  I had placed my order on June 1st, so I'm guessing that they are pretty much caught up with their orders...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2012, 10:08:29 AM »