April 20, 2014, 01:22:42 PM

Author Topic: BG-E11 Delayed  (Read 11788 times)

TrumpetPower!

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: BG-E11 Delayed
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 11:16:34 AM »
Shocking, simply shocking!  I suppose that delays the L plate from RRS until they get their hands on the grip!  I just don't seem to be able to use the 5Diii without a grip with these hands!

Not to worry about RSS. They have well-placed friends in Canon corporate, and have had their grip for a while. Indeed, at this point, I'm expecting to get the plate before the grip...right about now is when they were guessing / hoping to start shipping.

b&

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 11:16:34 AM »

Invertalon

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 11:18:24 AM »
It's a battery grip, not a big deal.

I want mine badly, but I don't NEED it right now.

And that light leak issue? Please... How can anybody consider that a real issue when it has happened on many other Canon bodies in the past? I mean really... Unless you shoot in dark caves below -1EV and use the top LCD at the same time (who even uses that normally?), does it even matter? Nope. Only to those who want to complain about the camera and use it as "fuel" for the sake of argument.

YoungStudios

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 11:29:46 AM »
What the hell is up with Canon?  Man, if only my entire professional SLR / DLSR system was not built of Canon stuff.... I've been a "Canon Man" for nearly 25 years, but I'd ditch it all in a second if I could afford to.  I know at least one very well known (both him and his father) action sports / landscape photographer that is considering jumping ship.  Between the MkIII, and the 1 DX, and I don't even know what problems or delays Canon is having, or will have, with their Cinema bodies / lenses, etc.  All we see from Canon are patents for new lens designs, it seems they want to, on paper, lock up designs.  Mean time, their products as of late are delayed with out any explanation, or showing up with flaws, etc.

I must say, as a professional shooter and career long Canon guy, I am very, very disappointed.

Invertalon

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 11:37:07 AM »
You realize the grass is not greener on the other side right? ^

Go look at B&H for both Nikon and Canon lenses. Then scroll to the bottom of the list to see all of the out of stock lenses for Nikon and the lack of for Canon. I see 25 Nikon lenses out of stock (not including import models, only USA)... For Canon, only 4... And 2 of those being the super tele's that just came out.

Canon may be delay prone at the beginning... But once out, they can actually keep up with demand and be in stock. Nikon is not so good in that regard.

So chose either initial delay or long-term supply issues.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:40:54 AM by Invertalon »

DavidRiesenberg

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • David Riesenberg
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 11:39:20 AM »
What the hell is up with Canon?  Man, if only my entire professional SLR / DLSR system was not built of Canon stuff.... I've been a "Canon Man" for nearly 25 years, but I'd ditch it all in a second if I could afford to.  I know at least one very well known (both him and his father) action sports / landscape photographer that is considering jumping ship.  Between the MkIII, and the 1 DX, and I don't even know what problems or delays Canon is having, or will have, with their Cinema bodies / lenses, etc.  All we see from Canon are patents for new lens designs, it seems they want to, on paper, lock up designs.  Mean time, their products as of late are delayed with out any explanation, or showing up with flaws, etc.

I must say, as a professional shooter and career long Canon guy, I am very, very disappointed.

Well, you might take solace in that if you do switch to Nikon you will face a much poorer stock issue, with the D800 being only the latest example of products that are not always readily available. You might also want to check out some of the threads discussing lock-up problems mainly with the D4 but also the D800. But at least you would have dodged the bullet of the overheating batteries than Nikon are now in the process of recalling.

ntranc19

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 12:04:30 PM »
Canon should be ready for everything when they announced a brand new camera. Yeah im disappointed. 1dx delayed, 5d mark 3 has some problems, and now the grip

ideaworx

• PowerShot G16
  • fishing x photography
    • View Profile
    • SaltHD
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 12:08:08 PM »
Shocking, simply shocking!  I suppose that delays the L plate from RRS until they get their hands on the grip!  I just don't seem to be able to use the 5Diii without a grip with these hands!

Not to worry about RSS. They have well-placed friends in Canon corporate, and have had their grip for a while. Indeed, at this point, I'm expecting to get the plate before the grip...right about now is when they were guessing / hoping to start shipping.

b&

I spoke to the guys @ RSS yesterday, they said they do not have their hands on the grip, and are waiting like the rest of us, as soon as they have a grip they will start production, as I am told it was 6 weeks from yesterday to get the L-Plate IF the grip was shipped late april.... I think you can assume when the new expected date(s) how this is going to be pushed now.

... So sad really, w/o a grip my hands overpower the camera, never thought it would take this long to get it.
5DM3 x Some Lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 12:08:08 PM »

Wideopen

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 12:29:51 PM »
News at 11, another Canon product is delayed.

Maybe Canon should change their product announcements into product rumor announcements and give them a CR# for their guesstimate as to how many months before consumers get them.

Lol... The wait continues..guess ill have to keep monkey arming my camera into portrait position for now.  ::)

YoungStudios

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 12:49:37 PM »

Well, you might take solace in that if you do switch to Nikon you will face a much poorer stock issue, with the D800 being only the latest example of products that are not always readily available. You might also want to check out some of the threads discussing lock-up problems mainly with the D4 but also the D800. But at least you would have dodged the bullet of the overheating batteries than Nikon are now in the process of recalling.

Yes, you are right.  I am just frustrated, like so many seem to be.   :-)

Drizzt321

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Aaron Baff Photography
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 02:01:24 PM »
Canon should be ready for everything when they announced a brand new camera. Yeah im disappointed. 1dx delayed, 5d mark 3 has some problems, and now the grip

I'm definitely disappointed in the lack of appearance of the 1D-X, even though I wasn't planning on buying one. Definitely a major issue for a lot of pros. For the 5d3? Nah, I'm fine. Came out pretty close to announcement, maybe a few minor issues for most people, and IMHO the 'light leak' thing is way overblown. I have been thinking about gripping my 5d3 (didn't get one for my 5d2), so I'm sorta disappointed it's delayed, but it's not killing me since I'm used to not having one.
5D mark 2, 5D mark 3, EF 17-40mm f/4L,  EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 85mm f/1.8
Film Cameras: Mamiya RB67, RB-50, RB-180-C, RB-90-C, RB-50, Perkeo I folder, Mamiya Six Folder (Pre-WWII model)
http://www.aaronbaff.com

takoman46

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 02:02:41 PM »
Noooooooooooooo....... :(

nikkito

• 7D
  • Argentine freelance photographer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook photo page
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 02:34:59 PM »
Canon is delaying the release of a product??? NO WAY. THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING
www.nicolaszonvi.com - www.facebook.com/zonviphoto

1D X, 5D Mk III, 5D Mk II, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200L IS, 85 f1.2, 40 f2.8, 50 f1.4, Sigma 10-20 and many other toy cameras.

bkorcel

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 03:32:03 PM »
No worries. They are running on the lunar calendar which puts them on schedule.  ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 03:32:03 PM »

hhelmbold

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 03:51:13 PM »
I don't think jumping ship will solve anything... It might rock your boat for a journey or two until you see another ship coming by. But what annoys me the most is that Canon is coming across as ignorant and arrogant at the moment. Sure delays happen, but with reasons. If there was at least some communication it would also help - but Canon is extremely tight lipped and this makes everyone expect the worst that there are going to be major problems with the 1D X or the battery grips or the batteries or the lenses... Just tell us what is causing the delays!

KurtStevens

• Rebel SL1
  • Practice safe photography, Use a concept.
    • View Profile
    • Kurt Stevens Photography
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2012, 04:14:02 PM »
Boo indeed, but I do like the term monkey arming.  :|
5D3 + 16-35 + 85 + 135

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2012, 04:14:02 PM »