Why do people feel the need to make posts like this? This is Canon Rumors, not CNN. I've been coming to this site for a long time and I appreciate what CR does: anticipation, speculation, fun, and for just providing a place to share comments with other Canon users.
Totally agree with that !
Thanks to the rumors around here I sold my 500D not even 2 weeks before the 600D came in ... so just a few days later and it would have been harder to sell it and get my wife a 60D.
So thanks for the rumors !
It is up to us/you to make up your mind about the rumors.
Now I am waiting for the 5D Mk III and 1Ds/1D replacement because my 1D Mk IIn is not enough anymore for me ... and as long as I don't make money out of my cams ... I would prefer not buying something that will be renewed just 1-2 months after.
Unfortunately ... even if I was planning to get a 7D (for the ISOs) ... after testing the 60D I tend to think that it won't be enough ... so pls 5D Mk III for March otherwise it will be hard to not want to get a 5D II instead of 7D
I want to say that I'm on the same boat, but not entirely. As much as I really want a new FF body and as much as I don't like the 5DII, I will buy a used 5DII when a new FF body is released. By then, the price of used 5DIIs should be down to about $1,500-$1,800 (say, if the retail price of 5DII stays the same while that of the new FF body is higher than $2,500). Or it could be even lower if the retail price of 5DII comes down.
Why? First, the price of a new FF body will be expensive everywhere, if you could get a hand on one. Also, you'll never know what problems there will be in the first shipment of the new body. So, if you can wait about 6 months or so, the price will come down significantly and you'll sure what you'll get. That's what I did when 7D came out.