October 25, 2014, 04:54:50 AM

Author Topic: The 5D Mark III Will Start Shipping Again - but when?  (Read 4682 times)

Fotofanten

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
The 5D Mark III Will Start Shipping Again - but when?
« on: April 27, 2012, 02:32:55 PM »
I am getting eager to sell my old 5DC, and my local Canon representatives have no idea when the next batch of 5D III's are due. All i see in the forums are threads regarding the light leak issue, which frankly does not bother me at all. Any info would be much appreciated!
Flickr

6D | Samyang 14mm | 16-35 L IS | 40mm | 50L | 100L

canon rumors FORUM

The 5D Mark III Will Start Shipping Again - but when?
« on: April 27, 2012, 02:32:55 PM »

krjc

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: The 5D Mark III Will Start Shipping Again - but when?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »
My local camera store has some from the first batch, but I'm waiting.........impatiently for the "fixed" update even though I know that the original problem would have little chance of effecting my photos even remotely.  ???
Now-> Cameras: 7D, 5D3, T4i, G12 Lens: 24-105, 10-22 EFS, 17-55EFS, 50 1.4, 100 2.8 macro IS, 70-200 2.8IS II, 100-400, TC 2 III, MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x, 16-35 F4 L

jVillaPhoto

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • JVillaPhoto
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 04:50:25 PM »
I also want to know when the next shipment is sent from Canon.. I have yet to find a store that has any in stock and I've tried every local camera store in my area :/
5D Mark III, 60D,
50L, 70-200 f/2.8L II (35L coming soon!)
www.jvillaphoto.com

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 04:55:24 PM »
My local camera store has some from the first batch, but I'm waiting.........impatiently for the "fixed" update even though I know that the original problem would have little chance of effecting my photos even remotely.  ???

I have the feeling that a LOT of people are thinking as you are....that likely as not, this problem likely won't affect them. However....if you only had to wait a bit more, and get one you know will not have the problem, whether it is part of the new run...or the old run fixed by Canon (with white dot marking)....that most people would wait on that.<P>
It is the same reason people look at a book/magazine on the shelf...read through it a bit to see if they like it.....and then put that copy back on top, and grab an un-touched one a few books down to get an untouched brand NEW one.

The one you looked at before was just fine....but the untouched one...is 'better'....somehow.

Ya know?

Fotofanten

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 05:33:22 PM »
jVilla and krjc: where do you live? I forgot to mention, I am located in Norway.

Cayennne: good point and I get what you are saying. You probably hit the nail on the head with regards to how most consumers think. As for me, I actually kind of need a new camera pretty soon and I don't have the luxury of subscribing to such a mentality as the one you portray so accurately.
Flickr

Mokh24

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 05:37:23 PM »
I really dont care about which batch i am getting my camera from... If i get my cam from the old "unfixed" batch that wont bother me AT ALL... I just want it before my honeymoon... Nothing else matters !!!

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 06:31:13 PM »
I really dont care about which batch i am getting my camera from... If i get my cam from the old "unfixed" batch that wont bother me AT ALL... I just want it before my honeymoon... Nothing else matters !!!

Hmm....exactly what kinda shots are you gonna be taking on that honeymoon?!?!

<BAEG>

Sorry, just couldn't resist that one...
Have a great one!!   8)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 06:31:13 PM »

krjc

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »
Cayenne got it right, there is no rush I will have the camera in happy use for 5 years or so, so why not wait. Plus my next vacation will be only  in mid-September so I'm sure I will have the camera by then  :-\. In the mean time I'm having a lot of fun with my 7D.

To Fotofanten I'm from Laval, Qc Canada.
Now-> Cameras: 7D, 5D3, T4i, G12 Lens: 24-105, 10-22 EFS, 17-55EFS, 50 1.4, 100 2.8 macro IS, 70-200 2.8IS II, 100-400, TC 2 III, MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x, 16-35 F4 L

Fotofanten

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 07:46:30 PM »
Alright, thanks. I guess it's only available in Asia and some local stores in America at the moment then, or something like that. I trust CR guy will give us an update as soon as he knows something, as always.
Flickr

Serious_Paul

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 12:01:59 AM »
I've been shooting on a 20D for the past 7 years. I've been well overdue for an upgrade and it bums be out that now that I was FINALLY able to order the Mark III, it's not only out of stock, but seems to be stuck in a perpetual state of limbo in regards to shipping again. I know that most of the frustration comes from being so excited about making such a huge upgrade, but still... I want my camera. I've been following news on the Mark III since before its release and now that it's turned out to be pretty much the most wanted DSLR ever, I am completely mind-blown at--despite the state of our economy and how many people are unemployed or living in poverty--just how many people out there have $3,500 or more to blow on this camera! This whole fiasco reminds of when the Nintendo Wii was first released. It was the hottest item on the market and Nintendo struggled for a long time to meet the high demand of the product, except in this case with the Mark III, the newest hot item goes for $3,500 a pop. Sorry, I kinda went off on a tangent there lol... It's just mind-blowing.

Anyway... Canon---ship my damn camera, already. Pretty please.

Wideopen

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 12:32:08 AM »
I wouldnt be surprised if the next batch doesnt ship till mid May. They already delayed the grip for it also. Im waiting on my 2nd 5dmark iii body while my light leak prone 5dmarkiii is serving me well. The light leak issue hasnt affected me in anyway because im 99% never in any of the ideal conditions for the problem to manifest itself

rambarra

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 02:39:43 AM »
we got some units this week from hk gray market, body and kits. Cameras are not affected. Sixt digit is "0". HK supplier says availability is ok/good. On the other hand european distro is suffering. Many canon official euro distributors still have to see the first batches. I think Asia and USA were canon primary focus markets for 5d3 relase.

zim

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 04:16:40 AM »
http://www.procamerashop.co.uk/category/Cameras/Canon/EOS_Digital_SLR,l.html

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital SLR Body
Ref. Code: 37717    Canon
In Stock
Usual dispatch time: 1-2 days    £2,649.99

I take it this is too good to be true?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 04:16:40 AM »

Fotofanten

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 11:05:29 AM »
we got some units this week from hk gray market, body and kits. Cameras are not affected. Sixt digit is "0". HK supplier says availability is ok/good. On the other hand european distro is suffering. Many canon official euro distributors still have to see the first batches. I think Asia and USA were canon primary focus markets for 5d3 relase.

Seems like it. It would be unfortunate if people felt like Canon is having a piss at the European customers. I think I might grab one from ebay actually, even though the price will be the same as in my local store. I mean who knows when it will turn up locally if not Canon themselves or even CR guy.
Flickr

AKCalixto

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 07:20:27 PM by AKCalixto »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 02:41:33 PM »