Rumors > Speedlites, Printers, Accessories

SEKONIC 358 MODULE FOR SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT

(1/2) > >>

TotoEC:
Now that the Speedlite 600EX-RT is commercially available, shouldn't there a Sekonic 358 compatible module to support it?  I would think it will become popular and versatile an many will buy it in a heartbeat.

What is your take?

FunPhotons:
Not a lot of people use light meters anymore since we have them built into our cameras. I guess the answer is up to Sekonic.

mws:
I just bought a 358, it's a great! I've learned a lot about light in the short time I've had it. I think in the multiple light/studio space they are still used often.

Maui5150:

--- Quote from: FunPhotons on April 30, 2012, 08:00:50 AM ---Not a lot of people use light meters anymore since we have them built into our cameras. I guess the answer is up to Sekonic.

--- End quote ---

Really?  What camera has a built in light meter?

Most cameras have evaluative meters, and you can see a histogram on the back of the camera, but it is far from a light meter.

As for Sekonic, why would they.  My L-758R fires off my Photogenic strobes with no problem.  There are far more Norman, Profoto, and Photogenic users than those with the 600EX-RT. 

If you want to use the 600EX-RT, just pick-up a PocketWizard and plug it in via a Sync cable.  You will not be able to use E-TTL through the light meter.

Mt Spokane Photography:

--- Quote from: Maui5150 on April 30, 2012, 08:39:04 AM ---Not a lot of people use light meters anymore since we have them built into our cameras. I guess the answer is up to Sekonic.

--- End quote ---

There are far more Norman, Profoto, and Photogenic users than those with the 600EX-RT. 

But for how long?  Maybe two weeks?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version