September 17, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

Author Topic: Canon Rebel T4i [CR2]  (Read 29892 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
Canon Rebel T4i [CR2]
« on: April 30, 2012, 05:12:27 PM »
Canon Rebel T4i coming soon
I’m told the announcement for the Rebel T4i will happen very soon. There may have been multiple delays in announcing it while Canon deals with production of already announced products.

The megapixel count will not match the 24mp of the new Nikon D3200 I am told. It will have DIGIC V, new video features and a few ergonomic changes. Still waiting on the definitive specs.

From a different source, we’ve been told there may be a new autofocus technology when shooting video, as well as a touchscreen.

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Canon Rebel T4i [CR2]
« on: April 30, 2012, 05:12:27 PM »

D_Rochat

Re: Canon Rebel T4i [CR2]
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 05:24:59 PM »
But will it play Angry Birds?

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 05:27:38 PM »
So we should probably expect another 18MP APS-C camera..

If Canon have got something new in terms of autofocus technology then that could generate rather more interest.

Especially if they follow this through in later cameras that are announced this year.... for example put it in the new FF camera and video buffs might have a collective orgasm or two...

akiskev

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • My flickr gallery
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 05:39:10 PM »
If Canon have got something new in terms of autofocus technology then that could generate rather more interest.
I believe that if Canon DID have something new in AF (I'm talking about video), we would have seen it implemented on the G1X.

What I'd like to see in all new Canons is focus peaking in live view. Canon do you hear me? Just copy Sony!
Flickr | Canon EOS 3 | Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
EF 17-40mm f/4L | EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS | EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS | EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L
Zeiss 35mm f/2.4 | Zeiss 50mm f/1.4 | Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 | Zeiss 200mm f/2.8 | Zeiss 80-200 f/4

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »
Canon do you hear me? Just copy Sony!

*cough* patents *cough*

Maybe it's me, but I see a lot more people around the place with 550Ds than 600Ds, maybe it's because they bought earlier or maybe it's because they just didn't see the point in the extra cash for the flipscreen.

I'd be interested to see the sales figures between those two, because if the 650D has the same sensor as the other 4 already, then it's going to have to have *something* special to make sales (sorry, but just having "Digic 5" doesn't mean squat to most consumers who buy into this range, unless it makes vastly better IQ).
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

D_Rochat

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 06:03:08 PM »
Even better IQ isn't going to mean squat to 90% of the people buying Rebels, and I'm not slamming Rebel owners either. I'm talking about the new to photography Rebel consumers. The only thing in the (new) Rebel consumers photographic vocabulary is megapixels. The rest is jiberish for the first little while.

pittguy578

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 06:07:09 PM »
Maybe Canon will finally be adding AF to the Rebel series? Nikon did it with the D5100. Sure the AF likely won't be spectacular, but it will be there if requested. I am also guessing there will likely be some kind of social media sharing option or Wi Fi abilities.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 06:07:09 PM »

pittguy578

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 06:12:57 PM »
Canon do you hear me? Just copy Sony!

*cough* patents *cough*

Maybe it's me, but I see a lot more people around the place with 550Ds than 600Ds, maybe it's because they bought earlier or maybe it's because they just didn't see the point in the extra cash for the flipscreen.

I'd be interested to see the sales figures between those two, because if the 650D has the same sensor as the other 4 already, then it's going to have to have *something* special to make sales (sorry, but just having "Digic 5" doesn't mean squat to most consumers who buy into this range, unless it makes vastly better IQ).

I am not sure if Canon would have put any "new" tech into the G1X that wasn't available in its DSLRs. The G1X is a niche camera, and most people are not buying it for video abilities..I would probably say video is far more important for DSLR sales nowadays and that is going to be the primary differentiation between cameras..Still image quality for any camera using an APS-C sensor is going to be nearly equivalent regardless of manufacturer, especially if you shoot raw. 

Astro

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »
more minor updates i guess?

oh wait more video stuff...   great (that was sarcasm). 

::)

D_Rochat

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 07:00:57 PM »
Yeah, photography related upgrades would be nice to see..... How about a new AF! No not video AF, but AF for actually taking pictures  :o The current 9 point AF stinks with the exception of the center point. Keep the 9 point, but just fix the other 8! Then just add a few mp to keep the masses interested.

gmrza

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 07:35:30 PM »
Yeah, photography related upgrades would be nice to see..... How about a new AF! No not video AF, but AF for actually taking pictures  :o The current 9 point AF stinks with the exception of the center point. Keep the 9 point, but just fix the other 8! Then just add a few mp to keep the masses interested.

I have to wonder whether the 7D's AF system will find its way into more of Canon's DSLRs.  That would be a nice upgrade.

As far as IQ goes, the current 18MP sensor has its weaknesses, but it is good enough that if you can't produce good images with it, then photography is probably not your thing.

Realistically, if Canon were to improve the sensor, users would only really see a benefit with better glass.  While the 18-55mm kit lens does not perform too badly, many of the other entry level lenses probably even struggle with an 18MP sensor.

I think we have reached a stage where improvements in sensors won't necessarily benefit everyone.  On the other hand, improved specs are what marketing departments are looking for to sell cameras.
Zeiss Ikon Contax II, Sonnar 50mm f/2, Sonnar 135mm f/4

facedodge

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 07:38:20 PM »
Thank God Canon is about to release another camera. I was just noticing the size of the angry entitled consumerist mob depleting. What would I read on this forums if not for pixel peeping flame wars?

D_Rochat

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 07:51:18 PM »
As far as IQ goes, the current 18MP sensor has its weaknesses, but it is good enough that if you can't produce good images with it, then photography is probably not your thing.

You can't argue with that point.

Thank God Canon is about to release another camera. I was just noticing the size of the angry entitled consumerist mob depleting. What would I read on this forums if not for pixel peeping flame wars?

Oh you just wait! We have yet to hear if/when they will release a 7D mark II. It could be a storm that your children's children will talk about in years to come.  ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 07:51:18 PM »

Balthazar

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 08:07:38 PM »
Hi all,

In France, the "650D for dummys" will be available in 2 weeks in all major shops in the country :

http://multimedia.fnac.com/multimedia/FR/images_produits/FR/Fnac.com/ZoomPE/4/7/1/9782754040174.jpg

ctmike

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 08:27:29 PM »
Of course, the current 18MP sensor isn't rubbish, but how many times is Canon going to milk that cow? How is Canon going to convince people to buy the T4i and not a D3200? I'm very curious to find out.

Oh, and can't forget the obligatory "Gimme new 70D and 7DII". For half the current model's prices.  :D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 08:27:29 PM »