September 30, 2014, 08:41:56 PM

Author Topic: Canon Rebel T4i [CR2]  (Read 30013 times)

untitled10

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
Re: Canon Rebel T4i [CR2]
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2012, 04:34:40 PM »
more minor updates i guess?

oh wait more video stuff...   great (that was sarcasm). 

::)

I think we can put off the rebel series as "the" indie video camera, who needs a DoF adapter now?
This is why the 1100d didn't have 1080p (or even 1080i) it would destroy the entire rebel market.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2012, 04:34:40 PM »

!Xabbu

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2012, 01:23:47 AM »
ASPC makes up the vast majority of Canons DSLR sales so I think your rather premature in believe its on the way out.

A wise enterprise predicts future markets and reacts accordingly. Kodak had global domination of the analog film market, and when the tech changed maybe they thought too: "this makes up the vast majority of our sales, so why would it be on its way out?". And look what happened to Kodak.

The difference here is that FF digital is not a new technology and it doesn't have any inherent advantages to APS-C (unlike digital sensors vs. film). They are both the same technology just in different sizes. If your statement would be true, everything should develop towards larger sensors. However, the majority of cameras built have tiny sensors (mobile phones) - the next biggest group will soon be mirror-less and I don't believe that we will see a mirror-less FF soon. The reason people buy these is because they are not as bulky as a DSLR (a FF sensor and the needed lens would counter this "advantage"). So, Canon might miss the future market in mirror-less development - agreed.

However, until mirror-less are focusing as fast as DSLRs we will still have a very healthy APS-C market.

osvaldod

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2012, 11:56:33 PM »
Hi !!
I have a SX30 IS and I would like to get into DSRL. I'm thinking in buying a 600D but I discovered this thred talking about the 650D. When do you think this new camera will be released in Europe?
I live in Argentina and my wife is in Europe now until end of May. I dont think the 650D will be released before that time so do you think the 600D is good enough to begin with DSRL?
Of course, Im not a professional and I use my SX30 IS with CHDK to save in RAW format.
I also knew about Magic Lantern thru this forum. Is it another version of CHDK ??

D_Rochat

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2012, 04:07:52 AM »
I dont think the 650D will be released before that time so do you think the 600D is good enough to begin with DSRL?

The 450D is good enough to start off with, so yes the 600D is more than enough! I'd even say that if you don't mind not having a flippy swively screen, go for the 550D. It's pretty much the same thing but a little cheaper. Save yourself a little money on the body and get yourself another lens like a 50 1.8.

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2012, 04:55:14 AM »
I dont think the 650D will be released before that time so do you think the 600D is good enough to begin with DSRL? I also knew about Magic Lantern thru this forum. Is it another version of CHDK ??
We had this question a couple of times, and for it has an even more certain answer: Get a 600d now, because it runs magic lantern while the 650d with its new digic5 won't for some time, if ever.

Apart the "swivel screen isn't pro" opinion from guys who mostly never used one for an extended time, imho the swivel screen is handy in some situations and has now drawback, so given the minor price difference nowadays either get a new 600d or a used 550d. Magic lantern is basically chdk for eos bodies with a lot more features, see http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

AdamJ

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2012, 01:30:37 PM »
Just my $0.02 on AF. To my mind, good AF shouldn't be, and won't be, an extra feature confined to the better bodies. It's too fundamental to the camera's overall performance. My expectation is that, sooner or later, the 7D's AF system will become the standard AF system for all APS-C bodies.

D_Rochat

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2012, 01:57:53 PM »
Just my $0.02 on AF. To my mind, good AF shouldn't be, and won't be, an extra feature confined to the better bodies. It's too fundamental to the camera's overall performance. My expectation is that, sooner or later, the 7D's AF system will become the standard AF system for all APS-C bodies.

I agree that we may see an upgraded AF system in the xxD line, but I doubt we'll see anything other than the standard 9 point in the xxxD line. They're purposely going to limit what goes into the xxxD to encourage people to move up.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2012, 01:57:53 PM »

xtaski

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2012, 02:28:56 PM »
I use my DSLR for photography, so I have very little need for video features other than the convenience of that option being there. Just my 2 cents, but the only reason I upgraded from a T1i (500D) to a T3i (600D) was the ability to use my Speedlite 430 EX II as a wireless slave. There was very little other than some improvements in video that made the upgrade worth it. Other than that, more megapixels to play with... not much else new IMO.

well_dunno

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2012, 03:39:55 PM »
The 650D or T4i is going to have a digic 5 processor that is 6 times faster than digic 4, so it is going to have more cpu power than the 7D as it is... I do not know what it will transform into but my guess is less noise and higher fps. I do wish it would get the AF from the 7D but I am afraid it will have the same 9 point AF again  ::) Otherwise not much would remain to distinguish it from a 70D and and potentially a 7DmarkII unless they use the digic 5+ on those to do some other miracles... IMHO anyway...

Cheers!

osvaldod

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2012, 07:38:19 PM »
Thank you for your replies and opinion. Now, Im more decided on getting the 600D. I think in getting this combo. What do you think about it?
http://www.amazon.de/Canon-SLR-Digitalkamera-Megapixel-schwenkbares-Double-Zoom-Kit/dp/B004P8IX5C/ref=lh_ni_t

D_Rochat

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2012, 09:05:15 PM »
Thank you for your replies and opinion. Now, Im more decided on getting the 600D. I think in getting this combo. What do you think about it?
http://www.amazon.de/Canon-SLR-Digitalkamera-Megapixel-schwenkbares-Double-Zoom-Kit/dp/B004P8IX5C/ref=lh_ni_t

I think that's an excellent starter kit and you won't be disappointed. That kit should keep you happy for quite some time.

Marsu42

• View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2012, 05:48:11 AM »
I think you'd ask yourself if you really need the tele kit lens - while std range kit lenses are ok stopped down, imho there are few things worse than a cheap tele zoom because the image quality not very good and in many cases you're better off shooting with a better, shorter lens and then crop. If this is your first dlsr, you have much to learn and after some month will be better equipped to tell what your second lens should be.

That being said, the 55-250 doesn't seem to be that crappy apart from build quality - but if you should decide to get it later, it's sold on ebay for a bargain because many kit users are upgrading to something more worthwile... or if you want it new after all, there's a 30€ cashback running for it until end of June in Germany: http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/03/electronics/features/canon/Canon_CashBack_Teilnahmebedingungen.pdf

osvaldod

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2012, 10:06:41 AM »
Well. I usually use telezoom, that's why I would like that double kit. And yes, I have much to learn. I don´t know if I will buy it yet. It depends on other things but and I'm very anxious to get it. I will know it sometime this month.
Is there any place where I can download some RAW images (and JPGs) taken with 600D? I would like to develop them with Adobe Lightroom and see what is the result specially with the noise.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2012, 10:06:41 AM »

Marsu42

• View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »
Is there any place where I can download some RAW images (and JPGs) taken with 600D? I would like to develop them with Adobe Lightroom and see what is the result specially with the noise.
600d has the same sensor as 550d/60d/7d (the latter has the worst iq due to banding): http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Canon+cr2+samples&l=1#

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2012, 05:23:09 PM »
600d has the same sensor as 550d/60d/7d (the latter has the worst iq due to banding): http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Canon+cr2+samples&l=1#
And yet the 7D has the higher score on DxO?
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2012, 05:23:09 PM »