December 17, 2014, 03:04:46 PM

Author Topic: When will Amazon start shipping the 5DM3?  (Read 8862 times)

stevehaslip

Re: When will Amazon start shipping the 5DM3?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 09:05:27 PM »
This afternoon I was contacted by an Amazon Camera Concierge who did his best to try and explain what was happening. He didn't have any new information, just politely asked if I wanted to cancel the order and then said that he would personally be contacting me regarding status updates. Apparently this is standard practice for any high price item you buy on Amazon.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 09:05:27 PM »

patrickyandoc

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 06:58:09 AM »
Out of curiosity, what ETA did they give you Justin?

May 17, 2012 - June 19, 2012 was my original ETA.

patrickyandoc, I'm guessing yours will be in next week's batch

@JustinTArthur i really hope so. The anticipation is killing me haha. Did you receive yours yet? @Climbermatt, did you get yours!? oh mannn!!

Sir Pierre

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 12:43:22 PM »
Did anyone receive a kit in this last Amazon shipment?

climbermatt

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 08:15:34 PM »
I received my 5D mark iii body only today from Amazon!

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 08:48:43 PM »
I received mine from Amazon around March 25th. I ordered body only at 2am the night of the announcement. So yeah, they def put some out but seem to have dried up since.
5DIII 8-200mm minus 35mm in there.

Serious_Paul

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 09:32:25 PM »
I ordered mine on 4/20 from Amazon, along with spare batteries and new CF cards. I received the batteries and CF cards promptly. No progress report on my 5D3, though. I'm not really digging how Amazon has been keeping us in the dark about estimated shipping dates. Nor do I like the whole "feel free to cancel anytime" attitude that they have. I realize that $3,500 is but pocket change to a company like Amazon, but still--business is business. I ALMOST DID cancel my order because I simply could not fathom what could possibly be taking so long, electric tape fixes and all. Is there only ONE Canon factory that builds these things on the whole planet? If that was the case, the delay would certainly be understandable, but that scenario seems ridiculous. I normally have no problems purchasing from Amazon and consider them one of the most reliable online stores, but this whole experience has me betting on B&H for all future camera equipment purchases, because they actually specialize in that sort of thing. Plus, I seem to remember B&H having extraordinary customer service and better delivery. Anyway... That's my bitching session for the day. I hope everyone, myself included, receives their 5D3s soon and without problems. I can't wait to start shooting with it!  ;D

Serious_Paul

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 11:46:47 PM »
Amazon just missed out on $3,500. I ordered my 5D3 from OneCall.com I'll be getting it by Thursday.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 11:46:47 PM »

Old Shooter

• Canon 70D
  • Never met a gadget I didn't like!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 12:26:17 AM »
Yep! OneCall has them in stock right now!
5DIII, XSi, A2, 10s (x2), 20-35L, 24-70L II, 28-70L, 70-200L, 70-200L IS II, 85L II, 135L, 40 Pancake, 50 Macro, 100 Macro, 135 Soft-Focus, Crappy EF-S Kit Lens, 430EX II, Metz 45 CL-4, Metz 60 CT-4 (x2), White Lightnings, and lots of other junk...

Chadowe

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 02:08:37 AM »
I ordered mine on 4/20 from Amazon, along with spare batteries and new CF cards. I received the batteries and CF cards promptly. No progress report on my 5D3, though. I'm not really digging how Amazon has been keeping us in the dark about estimated shipping dates. Nor do I like the whole "feel free to cancel anytime" attitude that they have. I realize that $3,500 is but pocket change to a company like Amazon, but still--business is business. I ALMOST DID cancel my order because I simply could not fathom what could possibly be taking so long, electric tape fixes and all. Is there only ONE Canon factory that builds these things on the whole planet? If that was the case, the delay would certainly be understandable, but that scenario seems ridiculous. I normally have no problems purchasing from Amazon and consider them one of the most reliable online stores, but this whole experience has me betting on B&H for all future camera equipment purchases, because they actually specialize in that sort of thing. Plus, I seem to remember B&H having extraordinary customer service and better delivery. Anyway... That's my bitching session for the day. I hope everyone, myself included, receives their 5D3s soon and without problems. I can't wait to start shooting with it!  ;D

I've got orders in with Adorama, B&H and Amazon, all placed a couple days after they started taking orders.  All 3 - no updates.  I don't fault any of these companies however, I'm not surprised the follow-up to one of the most popular DSLRs is in short supply.   Whichever one arrives first, is the one that I'm keeping. 

Tcapp

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
    • Timothy Capp Photography
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 02:12:24 AM »

I've got orders in with Adorama, B&H and Amazon, all placed a couple days after they started taking orders.  All 3 - no updates.  I don't fault any of these companies however, I'm not surprised the follow-up to one of the most popular DSLRs is in short supply.   Whichever one arrives first, is the one that I'm keeping.

Glad I ordered the minute it was announced!
5DIII, 5DII, 7D, 50 1.4, 85 1.4, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 70-200 2.8 IS L II, 2x TC III, 15 Fisheye 2.8, 100 Macro 2.8, 24 1.4 L
http://www.TimothyCapp.com
Follow me on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Timothy-Capp-Photography/94664798952

Sir Pierre

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 06:53:06 PM »

That's Horrible that you haven't heard anything.

drmikeinpdx

• Canon 6D
  • Celebrating 20 years of naughty photography!
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Boudoir Photo
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2012, 08:44:44 PM »
Newegg.com has them in stock as of this moment.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830120615
Current bodies:  5D3, 7D, 700D, 550D, S100
Favorite lenses: 135 f/2.0 L, 85 f/1.8, 200 f/2.8 L, 50 f/1.2L, 40mm pancake, 24-105 L, 50 f1.4 Sigma classic.
blog:   http://www.BeyondBoudoirPhoto.com

Serious_Paul

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2012, 08:51:20 PM »

That's Horrible that you haven't heard anything.

UPDATE: Last night, thanks to some timely info from a person in another thread, I was able to order one from OneCall! I cancelled my order from Amazon. Guess what? The 5D3 will be in my hands TOMORROW. That's more like it! ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2012, 08:51:20 PM »

Chadowe

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2012, 09:37:42 PM »
Newegg.com has them in stock as of this moment.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830120615

Just pulled the trigger, I should have it by Friday.  I LOVE NEWEGG.COM!!!!  From them, UPS ground is overnight to Las Vegas, and I've ordered as late as 3PM PST, and had my order the next day.  I didn't even think they would have the 5D3 this fast.  They've been selling photography gear for awhile, but never near the level of the big guys on the East Coast.   If Newegg can become a West Coast equivalent to B&H or Adorama, I will be absolutely thrilled. 

Color me happy.

Old Shooter

• Canon 70D
  • Never met a gadget I didn't like!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2012, 12:28:10 AM »
5DIII, XSi, A2, 10s (x2), 20-35L, 24-70L II, 28-70L, 70-200L, 70-200L IS II, 85L II, 135L, 40 Pancake, 50 Macro, 100 Macro, 135 Soft-Focus, Crappy EF-S Kit Lens, 430EX II, Metz 45 CL-4, Metz 60 CT-4 (x2), White Lightnings, and lots of other junk...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2012, 12:28:10 AM »