August 22, 2014, 05:59:01 AM

Author Topic: Idea for Canon?  (Read 7274 times)

plutonium10

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for Canon?
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2012, 03:01:09 AM »
Don't want to derail this thread, because it's actually going in a more intelligent way than about 90% of the recent threads on this forum, but I am curious, what exactly does Canon need to "bounce back" from?

Nikon D800?

And we have inside knowledge of sales figures to know how each camera is doing? And, while we're at it, how about a crystal ball to know what their total sales and net profits will be a year after the cameras have been released?

I'm stating it as a possible explanation, not a fact. Thus the use of a question mark.
EOS 7D | EF-S 15-85 IS USM | EF 70-300 L IS USM | EF 100 L IS USM Macro | Gitzo GT2531 | Arca-Swiss Z1

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2012, 03:01:09 AM »

Positron

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2012, 04:29:22 AM »

I donĀ“t agree in "better".
CMOS advantage are the production costs!

it requires not that much energy like CCD
and the high ISO performance is better.

but color deph and DR, sharpness are definately better at CCDs

While it may not have been done yet, you're missing the flip-side of lower production costs. Namely, if you're willing to bring the production costs back up to the same level as before, you get a lot *more* performance out of it. The problem with doing that is marketing, primarily.

pete vella

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2012, 04:33:59 AM »
 cmos vs ccd is not the issue. the sensor is fine. its the adc thats old and needs to be changed to lower the read noise so it is not overpowering the midtone shadows. the only way to fix this is for dpreview and other review sites to make a new test so it becomes  clear to novices that it is important.  then canon will fix it pronto. we should thank the fed meranda review for bring this to light. the way is is shown is confusing and misleading. needs to be more technical test.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:37:35 AM by pete vella »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2012, 04:33:59 AM »