September 30, 2014, 03:58:31 PM

Author Topic: 5D3 Rate button  (Read 3649 times)

gary

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: 5D3 Rate button
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 12:56:27 PM »
I will probably be shouted down but I would make all the buttons programable so that we could put what is most useful to us in the most useful places. My daughter is a professional photographer and has very small hands, its enough to cope with that the camera is for her very heavy, especially when equipped with the best glass and having the buttons fully programmable would make life much easier. I have to say it would also be helpful to me as it seems each time Canon bring out a new camera the buttons have moved and we start all over again.   
5D Mkiii -  16-35L mkii, 24-70L mkii, 70-200L IS mkii, 85 1.8

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 12:56:27 PM »

Christian_Stella

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • My Out of Date Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 02:52:50 PM »
I love the rate button. I always have a mini hdmi connected to my monitor because it is so much easier to look through thousands of photos and check focus using the camera than waiting for the photos to import and render previews in Lightroom. I have an Intel 980x system with triple channel ram and programs running off a SSD and Lightroom 4 is still slow to load RAW files. It's fine when editing, but frustrating when selecting photos.

PhilDrinkwater

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 02:59:39 PM »
I will probably be shouted down but I would make all the buttons programable so that we could put what is most useful to us in the most useful places. My daughter is a professional photographer and has very small hands, its enough to cope with that the camera is for her very heavy, especially when equipped with the best glass and having the buttons fully programmable would make life much easier. I have to say it would also be helpful to me as it seems each time Canon bring out a new camera the buttons have moved and we start all over again.

*SHOUTS* I AGREE WITH YOU ;)

Seriously, I don't see any reason why someone shouldn't be able to make their camera work how they want, except for the hassle of coding it...

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »

*SHOUTS* I AGREE WITH YOU ;)

Seriously, I don't see any reason why someone shouldn't be able to make their camera work how they want, except for the hassle of coding it...

*SHOUTS MORE*

I was happy when I first got my 7D and read through the manual:
"The DOF-Preview button is programmable!"
"Maybe that means I can also program the DOF-Preview function to a button in a more useful location than bottom-left-front?"

"wait, no I can't"

"awwwww FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.................."
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »