January 22, 2017, 03:45:15 AM

Author Topic: Tips on deterring forcible equipment theft while carrying camera?  (Read 8712 times)

hbr

• Rebel SL1
Re: Tips on deterring forcible equipment theft while carrying camera?
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2017, 10:19:58 AM »
BTW Neuro, I love your collection of "cannons," (misspelling intentional). I am jealous.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2017, 10:19:58 AM »

Fatalv

• Rebel SL1
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2017, 11:33:51 AM »

A marked reduction in fossil fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions won't fix the environment.  But it would certainly help. I trust the analogy is clear to anyone but fools who believe global warming is a hoax perpetrated by China.   ::)

Regardless, there's no point in continuing this discussion, and therefore I will not.

Yeah, best to keep the discussion here to shooting with gear that doesn't have the ability to easily kill other human beings.  Well, short of bludgeoning someone with a supertele, although I wouldn't call that easy.  But I digeress...   ;)

Well you lasted 7 min... and we'll likely go another 10 pages on the environment. All we need now is a religious comparison to hit 30 ;)

Honestly though, this thread is done. It's just more fuel being thrown on the fire. Mods should lock and OP should start a new thread stating 'determent w/out guns' if there's any real conversation to take place.
5DMk3, 7D, 8-15f/4L, 10-22, 16-35f2.8 II, 50 f1.4, 50 f1.2L, 24-70 2.8 II, 70-200f2.8 IS II, Sigma Sport 150-600mm, 430EXII, 600EX-RT ...

takesome1

• 5DSR
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2017, 11:46:18 AM »

A marked reduction in fossil fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions won't fix the environment.  But it would certainly help. I trust the analogy is clear to anyone but fools who believe global warming is a hoax perpetrated by China.   ::)

Regardless, there's no point in continuing this discussion, and therefore I will not.

But it is foolish to believe that in the next 4 years an assault rifle ban will happen. It will not.
It is also foolish to believe other laws will not be enacted that can help.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 11:49:21 AM by takesome1 »

Old Sarge

• EOS M3
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2017, 03:38:22 PM »
Relax kiddies, and have a laugh. Here is one Australian's view on guns in America: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4g8777

Thank you, Pippan, for the best post on this thread (since it got derailed).  He is hilarious.  And this is coming from one of the biggest gun nuts on the board.  :D
The Old Sarge

Hillsilly

• 5DSR
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2017, 10:48:09 PM »
As an Australian, I just want to point out that the video is of a comedian - the views don't reflect the majority.  FWIW, we don't have a gun ban in Australia (despite what US mass media might have people believe).  We do have a more stringent licencing regime than in most places and guns have to be registered.  But a licence for a rim fire bolt action rifle is fairly easy to obtain.  There is more stringent criteria to get a licence for a handgun or semi-automatic. 

Just like in the US, guns are essential tools for our primary producers.  They're very prevalent in rural areas and not going anywhere soon. 

Even in the cities where gun ownership percentages are very low, there are at least 6 rifle ranges and gun clubs within a few kilometres of my home in Brisbane's eastern suburbs.  Shooting is a very popular sport.  Supposedly, it is currently the fastest growing sport in the country.  Female gun club membership has doubled in the last five years.
Camera Obscura

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2017, 10:48:09 PM »