October 20, 2014, 09:32:50 PM

Author Topic: 5D3 Shipment in Europe?!?!  (Read 12676 times)

Antoon

Re: 5D3 Shipment in Europe?!?!
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2012, 09:31:54 AM »
Contacted again the dealer (in Luxembourg) where I had placed my pre-order 5 weeks ago and he still didn't expect anything arriving in the next couple of weeks !!!

Really got fed up with waiting and ordered my 5D3 from DigitalRev in Hong Kong.

Total price: 3162 euro (including shipping, customs tax, local Luxembourg warranty). 63 euros more expensive than my pre-order but still a good price and at least I'll have a camera by the end of next week  :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2012, 09:31:54 AM »

Jul

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2012, 11:15:10 AM »
BeneLux including France seem to be the last countries scheduled for the 5D3 shippings..

FNAC customer service called me today. They told me shippings won't start until June....
I purchased a lens on a Hong Kong website, I had to pay taxes to get the package from the deliverer (around 70 euros)..

I'll wait.......

altenae

• EOS M2
  • Enjoy Wildlife
    • View Profile
    • Wildlife-photos
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2012, 12:49:16 PM »
BeneLux including France seem to be the last countries scheduled for the 5D3 shippings..

FNAC customer service called me today. They told me shippings won't start until June....
I purchased a lens on a Hong Kong website, I had to pay taxes to get the package from the deliverer (around 70 euros)..

I'll wait.......

Not really.
In the Netherlands some big stores already had some in store around end march.

beat

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2012, 01:08:37 PM »
I've got my 5D Mk3 with 24-105 in Switzerland from a Saturn store three weeks ago. They said that they ordered many from Canon Switzerland, but they just got one single piece (which is now mine   ;)  )
They sold it for 4199.- CHF    (about 3500€)

I've heard that they had some stock in the Saturn shop in Thun, but it seems that the price increased to about 4500.- CHF...   
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 01:14:42 PM by beat »

Lily

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2012, 01:29:47 PM »
Contacted again the dealer (in Luxembourg) where I had placed my pre-order 5 weeks ago and he still didn't expect anything arriving in the next couple of weeks !!!

Total price: 3162 euro (including shipping, customs tax, local Luxembourg warranty). 63 euros more expensive than my pre-order but still a good price and at least I'll have a camera by the end of next week  :)

Hey there,

I also called them yesterday to know if they had any news on the availability but they honnestly told me that Canon themselves told them that they simply didn't know when they will start shipping to Luxembourg... Canon...

As for my German shop, I e-mailed them yesterday also to tell them that if I didn't receive a clear date of delivery untill the 1 of June (yes, I'm still patient and kind), that I would like my money back.

I hope that they are kind enough to reimburse my money so I can purchase it somewhere else.

Need my money back... Or my camera...

Good to know about your store in Hong Kong, I was thinking, if I manage to get my money back, to maybe order mine from B&H, but I'm afraid of receiving a 300 euros taxes invoice from FedEx or whatever delivery company I will choose.

Anyone ordered from the States here? Any information on the tax delivery fees?

Tell me please Antoon when you will receive it if everything is ok, I may buy mine there too, fed up of waiting. :)

Thanks!

Fotofanten

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2012, 04:18:21 PM »
Mine has been shipped. Yay :) Seems like there is a batch coming to Scandinavia around the beginning of June.
Flickr

6D | Samyang 14mm | 16-35 L IS | 40mm | 50L | 100L

Antoon

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2012, 06:33:53 PM »

Hey there,

I also called them yesterday to know if they had any news on the availability but they honnestly told me that Canon themselves told them that they simply didn't know when they will start shipping to Luxembourg... Canon...

As for my German shop, I e-mailed them yesterday also to tell them that if I didn't receive a clear date of delivery untill the 1 of June (yes, I'm still patient and kind), that I would like my money back.

I hope that they are kind enough to reimburse my money so I can purchase it somewhere else.

Need my money back... Or my camera...

Good to know about your store in Hong Kong, I was thinking, if I manage to get my money back, to maybe order mine from B&H, but I'm afraid of receiving a 300 euros taxes invoice from FedEx or whatever delivery company I will choose.

Anyone ordered from the States here? Any information on the tax delivery fees?

Tell me please Antoon when you will receive it if everything is ok, I may buy mine there too, fed up of waiting. :)

Thanks!

Hi Lily,

DigitalRev is apparently a well-known bric and mortar shop in Hong Kong. An Australian friend already ordered there and had no issues, so everything should be alright.

I explicitly asked them about customs duties and they replied that it is already included in the price and that they pay for it.

I'll drop a line when it arrives next week.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2012, 06:33:53 PM »

LifeAfter

• Rebel SL1
  • Photo is only 1 media to express among the others
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2012, 12:10:42 PM »
Hello everyone,  from Switzerland

Here things are starting to move a little bit.
I asked my store for my 5DIII and he told me that he received one today but it was allready preordered and shipped today to the costumer.

I'm the 4th on the list, so it's really frustrating.

Another online store has it in stock but much more expensive (about 700$ difference from my order):
http://www.digifuchs.ch/index.php?advised_product=15308

Another vendor told me that Canon Switzerland are hesitating to buy more of 5DIII's,
and that they are shipping not more that 5-6 units per day i suppose.
5D MK III / EF 16-35mm f2.8 L USM II / EF 24-70 f2.8 L II /EF 70-200mm f2.8 L / Extender 1.4 / EF 35mm f2 IS / EF 50mm f1.4 USM / Sigma 85mm f1.4
Fujifilm X100S / Film: EOS 1000Fn, CANON AT1, MAMIYA DSX 1000

LifeAfter

• Rebel SL1
  • Photo is only 1 media to express among the others
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2012, 12:13:54 PM »
The vendor that i discussed about half an hour told me that some stores buy them in Germany at some distributors for about 3000$ (grey market) that they sell them in switzerland!
5D MK III / EF 16-35mm f2.8 L USM II / EF 24-70 f2.8 L II /EF 70-200mm f2.8 L / Extender 1.4 / EF 35mm f2 IS / EF 50mm f1.4 USM / Sigma 85mm f1.4
Fujifilm X100S / Film: EOS 1000Fn, CANON AT1, MAMIYA DSX 1000

Lily

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2012, 05:03:03 AM »
The vendor that i discussed about half an hour told me that some stores buy them in Germany at some distributors for about 3000$ (grey market) that they sell them in switzerland!

Obviously not my distributor since I still have no news from him! ;D

It's really a big joke over here to manage to get one of these.

Big shooting tomorrow morning and still no expectation of receiving my camera anytime soon. :-\

Have a nice week-end guys. ;)

Lily

Jul

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2012, 04:59:00 PM »
FINALLY !!!

Browse the web, find small retailers ! They are probably hiding boxes..

After waiting for more than 5 weeks, I had no news from one of the biggest tech store in France.. but I never really stopped  browsing the web... and I finally found a small store (in my own town!) having a body for the exact same price.. Sooooo lucky !

Sorry for those who are still waiting...

opelio

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2012, 09:54:55 AM »
In Rome, Italy, on my local reseller, 3 5d Mark III boxes lie on the shelf unsold since 2 weeks (when mine arrived)

Too many bad rumors in the past weeks, too high the sale price (in Italy), not a real big improvement from Mark II.

Nikon D800 selling as a FIFO cue (one a day)!

alfeel

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2012, 11:49:30 AM »
Too high the sale price (in Italy)

What's the price [€] in Italy?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2012, 11:49:30 AM »

opelio

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2012, 12:28:09 PM »
3200/3400

Alexevana

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2012, 01:04:26 PM »

Why did you not order in Belgium or Germany?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2012, 01:04:26 PM »