August 30, 2014, 02:36:32 PM

Author Topic: Canon Refurb Store ... Not Such A Good Deal  (Read 7622 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Canon Refurb Store ... Not Such A Good Deal
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 11:37:16 PM »
Geez, I point out an interesting note on a Canon issue and I immediately get slammed.

No wonder people don't post on these sites. You guys need to chill.

I too have bought many items thru the refurb store. I did not say the store sucked, or make any negative comments about the store itself.  But to get hammered for pointing out this seemingly isolated issue of interest certainly does not warrant these responses.

You posted a title that slammed the entire store.  Many of us get good buys there when they have sales, why not put a meaningful title up, and not a trolling one.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 11:37:16 PM »

camerabug

• Power Shot G16
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 12:40:21 AM »
I bought a 1D Mark IV last week refurbished when you couldn't buy a new one easily anywhere except on ebay. Now a new one if you buy will cost you 1500.00 more than what I paid. As said researching is key in getting a deal.
1D Mk IV |  EF 500mm F4  L I | EF 70-300mm F4/5.6 L | EF 70-200 F2.8 L II | EF 24-70 F2.8 L II | EF 16-35mm F2.8 L II | EF 50mm F1.8 II |  2x 600EX-RT | Gitzo 3530LS

recon photography

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 02:02:20 AM »
love how defensive and angry ppl get on here for no reason, the title doesn't read canon refurb store is S___ and everything they sell is overpriced and they have never had a good sale and they therefore should be bombed..... just relax his point is very valid   

imkev

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 03:10:17 AM »
Funny thing is B&H link is to a discontinued item...must have just changed status today. Adorama does show a cheaper price new than the Canon refurb site. Still, just gotta love the refurb deals on the more expensive items, seems like the cheaper items can usually be had for a better price elsewhere...
5D2, 7D, T2i and way too many lenses.

87vr6

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 03:50:10 AM »
I did not say the store sucked, or make any negative comments about the store itself.

"Canon Refurb Store ... Not Such A Good Deal"

Sounds like you did to me.

Yes, sometimes store A has better prices on some items than store B. This is called a free market and why we shop around before making a purchase. Welcome to America.

ctmike

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 08:30:54 AM »
Browsing in the lens section of the Canon Refurb store today I noticed an interesting paradox.

Currently in the market for a teleconverter, the 1.4 II is listed at $349 in the Refurb outlet:

http://bit.ly/JLwsKz

However, the same product - brand new - can be had for less at B&H:

http://bhpho.to/hOEfa

:-\

I was browsing various refurb camera bodies on there yesterday and was thinking to myself that the prices seemed generally higher across the board than they were even a couple of weeks ago. No reason for you to be drawn and quartered in this thread.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 08:30:54 AM »