August 29, 2014, 08:02:34 AM

Author Topic: Best place to buy 5D Mark III  (Read 10265 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Best place to buy 5D Mark III
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 01:55:10 AM »
Hi,

What is the best place to buy a 5D Mark III right now? I know Canon has start shipping after the light leak fix and I know some are getting their cameras already.

Anybody out there just placed order recently and received the camera already? If so, where did you buy it from? If pre-ordered, how long is the wait? Adorama? Amazon? or BH?

Thanks guys, trying to get one but not sure where to order it from.

check out onecall.com they get stock so often, I got three 5DM3 from them by registering my email in product notification request. they don't have long waiting lists, usually when they receive shipments they appear in-stock (for few hours though).

Onecall is a good store, they no longer have Pro Photographers in their brick and Mortar store (Huppins), but they are still a big cut above Best Buy.  They are about 20 miles from me, so I shop there often.  I can try the gear, and get web prices.

There is also a old fashioned camera store about 35 miles from me where the people who work there are Photographers.  Its called Camera Corral in Couer D Alene, ID.  I ordered a D800 from them on 4/19, and it arrived Monday 5/14.  I received e-mails every step of the way, so I knew exactly when Nikon shipped it, etc.

I'll be buying most of my gear there in the future.  They also have a camera and lens repair shop.  They will do mail order business, but their main focus is on local photographers.  Its a small store, so they do not stock all the high end lenses and Camera bodies, however, they order them for you and that worked well for me.  As much as I like Adorama, One Call, and B&H, I'd like to keep the local old fashioned camera stores around.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 01:55:10 AM »

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 01:30:53 PM »
Hi,

What is the best place to buy a 5D Mark III right now? I know Canon has start shipping after the light leak fix and I know some are getting their cameras already.

Anybody out there just placed order recently and received the camera already? If so, where did you buy it from? If pre-ordered, how long is the wait? Adorama? Amazon? or BH?

Thanks guys, trying to get one but not sure where to order it from.

check out onecall.com they get stock so often, I got three 5DM3 from them by registering my email in product notification request. they don't have long waiting lists, usually when they receive shipments they appear in-stock (for few hours though).

Onecall is a good store, they no longer have Pro Photographers in their brick and Mortar store (Huppins), but they are still a big cut above Best Buy.  They are about 20 miles from me, so I shop there often.  I can try the gear, and get web prices.

There is also a old fashioned camera store about 35 miles from me where the people who work there are Photographers.  Its called Camera Corral in Couer D Alene, ID.  I ordered a D800 from them on 4/19, and it arrived Monday 5/14.  I received e-mails every step of the way, so I knew exactly when Nikon shipped it, etc.

I'll be buying most of my gear there in the future.  They also have a camera and lens repair shop.  They will do mail order business, but their main focus is on local photographers.  Its a small store, so they do not stock all the high end lenses and Camera bodies, however, they order them for you and that worked well for me.  As much as I like Adorama, One Call, and B&H, I'd like to keep the local old fashioned camera stores around.

I'm really surprised at the number of people on here that buy such an expensive tool....locally and have to pay the sales tax (unless you're in one of those few states with no sales tax)....

I figured by now, that most people would be ordering online in order to avoid that extra money.

Wait...I mean....delay paying the tax....'cause I know everyone pays the 'use' tax on it at EOY on their tax forms.

<rolls eyes>

:P

khutter

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2012, 05:12:03 PM »
Unlike B&H, Abe's, etc., building a cart on Amazon (even ensuring that the 5D / lenses are actually coming from Amazon) does not appear to trigger the current Canon lens / speed light promotion.  Am I missing something or is this unavailable from Canon (is it because they're not a Canon authorized distributor)?

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »
Unlike B&H, Abe's, etc., building a cart on Amazon (even ensuring that the 5D / lenses are actually coming from Amazon) does not appear to trigger the current Canon lens / speed light promotion.  Am I missing something or is this unavailable from Canon (is it because they're not a Canon authorized distributor)?

Yep...I wrote amazon and the amazing associated dealer.....

The lens dealer through amazon I was looking at for the 85mm 1.8...did take the original $30 off....but since the camera wasn't also coming through them...they weren't doubling the deal.

Amazon, after I wrote them and sent a link to the Canon official offer link from the canon site, said to ask the amazon dealer to do it, and I explained they would not.

Amazon said sorry but there was nothing they could do...but they did get me a $30 credit anyway on my account, which I used later when buying the RODE microphone.

I ended up getting my camera kit and prime lens through crutchfield, like I'm mentioned earlier on this thread....due to the rewards points....which is equivalent to about $460......due to the doubling of rewards points with that code through EOM.

khutter

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2012, 06:09:46 PM »
Thanks for the Amazon explanation, Cayenne. 

One more question for everyone out there:  Does the double savings when buying an EOS body apply to only one lens / speed light per body purchased or one lens / speed light of any particular model, with the ability to receive double savings on multiple items with one body purchase?

kpk1

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2012, 02:43:30 AM »
For the next few days I'll be in the states, New York.
I want to buy the 5D3 and as I can see online there is no store to have it.
Do you know in NY a store to have it ?
5D2, Sigy 35/1.4

TC1006

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 04:17:04 PM »
Revup - I got my 5D3 last week from J&R. I called August per your suggestion and was able to get a $150 discount of the camera. Thank you for that...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 04:17:04 PM »

nonac

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Marty Beck Photography
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »
I ordered one today from Crutchfield, looking for all the discounts I could muster.  I ordered the kit with the 24-105.  The price was $4,299, free shipping, no sales tax.  I signed up with a crutchfield account which gave me 5% cash back ($215) to spend at Crutchfied at another time (does not expire).  I also linked to Crutchfield through ebates which gets me 2.5% cash back ($107.50).  Finally a made the purchase with my Amex card which doubles the warranty on the purchase and gives me another 1% reward ($43.00).  In sum the camera will be $4,299-365.50= $3,933.50 and I have a two year warranty. 
5d Mark III, 24mm f/1.4L II, 24-105 f/4L IS, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 100 f/2.8L IS macro, 135 f/2L, 3x 600EX-RT, ST-E3-RT, EF 1.4x III

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »