February 06, 2016, 06:26:53 PM

Author Topic: D20 Dead in the water?  (Read 2536 times)

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
D20 Dead in the water?
« on: May 08, 2012, 11:39:19 AM »
I liked the D10. It looked goofy but I really enjoyed it in part because of the unique look. I haven't had any experience with the D20 yet, but I just don't like the aesthetics of it. Plus F/3.9? Seriously? Olympus just announced a new tough cam for 50 dollars more with a lens that starts at F/2.0 and I'm really thinking of picking it up. I usually like to stay in one family, and I know it's a bit bulkier than an S100, but if I bought the Olympus I wouldn't have to buy both the S and D (the aperture is a big factor to me.) What do you guys think? Did the D20 end up being too little too late?
The Olympus listing with specs http://amzn.to/IVdJTF
5DIII 8-200mm minus 35mm in there.

canon rumors FORUM

D20 Dead in the water?
« on: May 08, 2012, 11:39:19 AM »

pdirestajr

• 1D Mark IV
    • flickr
Re: D20 Dead in the water?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 12:48:34 AM »
Recently picked up the D20 for a vacation. I was seriously impressed. It's a great simple camera that is perfect for it's intended purpose. Yes a few quirks, but nothing that is a deal breaker for this type of camera.

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 04:02:58 PM »
Recently picked up the D20 for a vacation. I was seriously impressed. It's a great simple camera that is perfect for it's intended purpose. Yes a few quirks, but nothing that is a deal breaker for this type of camera.
I saw your photos in another thread, and they are fantastic. Amazon finally shipped my TG-1 today so Friday I should be able to test it out a bit. Your pictures definitely convinced me that if I'm the least bit not pleased with the Olympus, it will go right back in exchange for the Canon.
5DIII 8-200mm minus 35mm in there.

pdirestajr

• 1D Mark IV
    • flickr
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 10:05:23 AM »
I saw your photos in another thread, and they are fantastic. Amazon finally shipped my TG-1 today so Friday I should be able to test it out a bit. Your pictures definitely convinced me that if I'm the least bit not pleased with the Olympus, it will go right back in exchange for the Canon.

Thanks!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 10:05:23 AM »