November 23, 2017, 12:05:23 PM

Author Topic: Portraits of my GF, Would like feedback!!  (Read 20928 times)

SandyP

Re: Portraits of my GF, Would like feedback!!
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2012, 02:14:02 AM »
Unless it's a special creative shot that has the main focus being some sort of fantastical editing (like a "magic" or "fairy tale" kind of edit/shoot) then the edit should not be the most obvious/glaring thing you notice about the photo. Those three shots are way too over "cooked" in my opinion. You shouldn't have to edit the heck out of very basic shots like that to keep the viewer interested. And if you do, then there's a problem there.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2012, 02:14:02 AM »

ishdakuteb

• EOS 7D Mark II
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2012, 02:43:07 AM »
here is my quick edit on your gf images.  i am not sure whether you like it.  however, i am still searching for a better way in editing it; therefore, any other comments on my editing will be welcomed.

I'm sorry, not offense but these edits are a little harsh. Why is she glowing in the first image? Completely over processed.

thanks for your comment, like i have said "i am still searching for a way to edit images" :) may be i have read/and see too many pictures of brian peterson.  it would be nice as if you would show me a way of editing it by posting fix(es) to my editings, in that way i could learn more.  thanks in advance...

note:  i am learning how to edit image on my own via picking brains; therefore, i need to see lots of comments as well as before and after pictures...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:00:19 AM by ishdakuteb »

pdirestajr

• EOS 5DS R
    • flickr
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 08:21:41 AM »
here is my quick edit on your gf images.  i am not sure whether you like it.  however, i am still searching for a better way in editing it; therefore, any other comments on my editing will be welcomed.

I'm sorry, not offense but these edits are a little harsh. Why is she glowing in the first image? Completely over processed.

thanks for your comment, like i have said "i am still searching for a way to edit images" :) may be i have read/and see too many pictures of brian peterson.  it would be nice as if you would show me a way of editing it by posting fix(es) to my editings, in that way i could learn more.  thanks in advance...

note:  i am learning how to edit image on my own via picking brains; therefore, i need to see lots of comments as well as before and after pictures...

I would focus on taking great exposures/ compositions in camera and just use "post" for correcting lens distortion, contrast, color balance, sharpness, noise reduction, etc...

Be creative in camera first. Once you are comfortable in that, becoming more creative in your post work can come next.

This is obviously just my opinion. I am not a professional photographer (full-time), but I am a professional artist/ graphic designer. I spend every day sitting at a computer working in Adobe CS programs- maybe that is what I love about photography, it gets me away from the computer! :)

Photography and digital image processing are really 2 completely art forms to learn and master.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 08:21:41 AM »