July 23, 2014, 06:43:02 PM

Author Topic: New Crop/APS-C Prosumer Camera Body in the Fall? [CR1]  (Read 12473 times)

stabmasterasron

Re: New Crop/APS-C Prosumer Camera Body in the Fall? [CR1]
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2012, 10:02:53 AM »
I'll be watching what Canon does with the upcoming 70D.  But I am also watching what Nikon does.  I will be doing a serious upgrade in the fall.  I currently have a very low investment in photography equipment and just rent what I need when I have an event.  What is keeping me from entering the market right now - I know lots of new products are coming out over the next 6 to 8 months.  So I could go out and buy a 7D right now, but then it will likely bested by a new 7D, or maybe even a 70D in a few months.  Or what if Nikon brings the D600 to market and it is a good value proposition (I don't really need the weather sealing of the 7D, and I don't drop or even bump my equipment very often).  So for now I am in a holding pattern waiting to see how things shake out.  I don't depend on photography to feed my family, so I can afford to wait.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2012, 10:02:53 AM »

pdirestajr

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2012, 10:04:21 AM »
I find it crazy that so many people are eager to CONSTANTLY upgrade their camera bodies. I see countless posts where people state: " I started with a T2i, then went to a 60D, then to a 7D, and now I NEED a 7D mkII (or a 70D)".

I don't know, but I'd rather sink my money into glass as opposed to constantly purchasing new camera models for modest "upgrades". What's the rush?
7D | 5DII | EOS-3 | Nikon F3 | Mamiya 645 Pro-TL

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2012, 10:04:21 AM »