October 21, 2014, 04:21:38 PM

Author Topic: Canon EF 600 f/4L IS II in the Wild  (Read 2831 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
Canon EF 600 f/4L IS II in the Wild
« on: May 09, 2012, 01:26:28 PM »
They’re out there
We’ve been told by a couple of places, that the new EF 600 f/4L IS II is out there. Loaner copies of the lens have been sent to various manufacturers of accessories for measurement and that sort of thing. Multiple reports say they are fully functional production versions of the lens.

Lots of initial praise for the lens, especially how light it feels in comparison to the first IS version.

A very good sign indeed.

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Canon EF 600 f/4L IS II in the Wild
« on: May 09, 2012, 01:26:28 PM »

bkorcel

Re: Canon EF 600 f/4L IS II in the Wild
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 01:39:37 PM »
"Lots of initial praise for the lens, especially how light it feels in comparison to the first IS version."

Cool so maybe now I can actually carry it on my back instead of with my fork lift!   ;D

Dianoda

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »
"Lots of initial praise for the lens, especially how light it feels in comparison to the first IS version."

Cool so maybe now I can actually carry it on my back instead of with my fork lift!   ;D

Who cares how light it is, I just want a chance to carry one :D
Current Kit: Some cameras and a bunch of lenses, maybe even a tripod or two

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 06:40:08 PM »

I wonder if professional photographers need someone to carry it around from location to location?

bkorcel

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 02:28:35 PM »

I wonder if professional photographers need someone to carry it around from location to location?

They can just hire their golf caddie.  Honestly, I'm not sure I want to carry around one of those 1) it's very heavy regardless 2) You will be an instant target for theives.  At least my 300 will fit into a normal school backpack with a camera mounted on it.  I dont think I could squeeze a 500 or 600 in there without it looking too obvious...though I bet the IQ will be just drop dead lethal...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 02:28:35 PM »