October 23, 2017, 08:35:05 PM

Author Topic: I have a question about wedding photography  (Read 14509 times)

bornshooter

• EOS 5D Mark IV
  • Love L series glass
    • my flickr
Re: I have a question about wedding photography
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2012, 09:16:31 AM »
Never give your raw files to the client unless there are willing to pay for them.Also i notice that your photos are over edited far too soft IMO.Either way keep the RAW's :D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2012, 09:16:31 AM »

bornshooter

• EOS 5D Mark IV
  • Love L series glass
    • my flickr
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2012, 09:23:22 AM »
wow as i was reading through the rest of the post then i see that really nasty get a grip!

hoghavemercy

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2012, 11:48:08 AM »
woah that was a lot of replys fast.

thanks for ALLLLL the feedback.
to respond to some of the feedback, I work in Advertising as an Art Director for an ad agency, and usually clients want Porcelin skin or almost barbie like skin, so thats my background, photography is a side project of mine :) but i did work as a film compositor so my education is a MA and a BA in Compositing / visual effects.
First of, most people seem to like the composition in the picture, but not the softness of the edit. ( i appriciate cretive critisism so by all means- thanks)

Someone posted a link to a wedding shoot - but when i clicked it all i saw was pictures of something completely different? can someone repost this please i'd Love to see some other wedding photographers work.. very much.!

here's a little side note, I normally dont soften my images THAT much, the problem, if you will - is that the bride
has TERRIBLE agne, her skin is like a pizza.. im not kidding..
so my fiance, who works for Redken as a make up and hair artist, did the make-up and Hair for the wedding, what she did was that she airbrushed her face - with a make-up Airbrush. .. to get rid of the agne.. i just added a little extra..  I would love to share this before and after picture with you guys actually:

hot dang, lots of layers in PS >:( , Thank God for the Spot Healing Brush Tool!! :-\ but you should never post your clients face without their approval of some sort/
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:51:45 AM by hoghavemercy »

nightbreath

• EOS 7D Mark II
    • Свадебный фотограф в Днепропетровске
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2012, 01:16:09 PM »
... can someone repost this please i'd Love to see some other wedding photographers work.. very much.!
I didn't see that post, but you can check out my works at http://luxuryphoto.com.ua/
Wedding photography. My personal website: http://luxuryphoto.com.ua

adamoe

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2012, 05:01:47 PM »
I removed the photo due to .. high demand..
the bride Saw the before and after actually - which was done with make-up only, no photoshop work in there.
she agreed for my fiance to use it as a promo for her work.

i shouldnt have been so harsh in my words obviously but I've had some back and forth with the bride and was a little annoyed with her.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2012, 05:01:47 PM »